You know you're an audiophile when...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 17, 2012 at 11:49 AM Post #2,206 of 6,356
Man, I got those too! Yes, my friends only say those for laugh, but damn, they still hurt a little inside. They stop joked about it when I told them how they would feel when someone joked about them being pedophile.

Quote:
When you get upset about a high profile story involving a pedophile because you feel you now have to avoid saying you're an audiophile in public since people will hear what they think they hear
eek.gif

Mar 17, 2012 at 12:21 PM Post #2,207 of 6,356
When you're only 16, yet your Head-Fi station looks like this:

Mar 17, 2012 at 7:17 PM Post #2,211 of 6,356

Quote:
Ok, that setup is awesome! You must be very grateful for your parents!  My parents would never let me have all that stuff. I guess i'm sticking with my htf600s, which are great anyway.
wink.gif

Oh, my parents didn't buy all that stuff, then I'd be spoiled rotten. They wouldn't allow that at all.

Mar 18, 2012 at 1:11 AM Post #2,213 of 6,356
You know you're an audiophile when you avoid romantic relationships out of fear the she might make you get rid of some of your gear
ph34r.gif

Mar 18, 2012 at 4:10 AM Post #2,216 of 6,356

Quote:
OMG im 16 and i dont even have an hd 600 or a Q701.......or anything from burson........i cant even convince my parents to let me buy a 300 dollar bundle

The nice thing about being 16 is if you have a job, you probably don't have any bills, so all your money is discretionary spending. If you work 20 hours a week at $9 per hour that's $180 per week (before taxes) that you can save up for gear. Can get a nice setup pretty quickly if you really want to.

Mar 18, 2012 at 4:18 AM Post #2,217 of 6,356

Quote:
The nice thing about being 16 is if you have a job, you probably don't have any bills, so all your money is discretionary spending. If you work 20 hours a week at $9 per hour that's $180 per week (before taxes) that you can save up for gear. Can get a nice setup pretty quickly if you really want to.

A few years ago before I was into hifi/head-fi I was in this exact situation. I made $10/hr 40 hours a week over the summer and also worked part-time when school started for a couple months. Now I'm 22 and pennyless. Looking back, I lament over all the audio gear I could have bought. 
frown.gif
mad.gif
evil_smiley.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back