Mar 19, 2012 at 4:23 AM Post #2,236 of 6,356
Haha, is everyone on this web site a teenager 
blink.gif
 ?

Mar 19, 2012 at 4:42 AM Post #2,240 of 6,356
Haha, is everyone on this web site a teenager 
blink.gif
 ?

Headphones are a very popular way of getting in to hi-fi for us youngsters. Good speaker set ups are usually out of reach due to cost and limited space to put them (i.e. most of us live in a (dorm) room and have our hi-fi in this same room).
Additionally, many of us spent a lot of time behind our desks. This means that that the cord of the headphones is not a problem either since we won't be moving much anyways.

And for obvious reasons portable rigs are especially popular among the younger crowd.

Mar 19, 2012 at 1:31 PM Post #2,241 of 6,356

Quote:
No... not everyone...

I'm 9.

Wow! Even Pre-Teens are deeply involved in this site?! Makes me proud to see this happen. I started looking into this site at the age of 17. I Should've been into this hobby long ago because it would've kept me out of trouble.

Mar 19, 2012 at 2:03 PM Post #2,242 of 6,356
I had dial-up when I was 9...

Mar 19, 2012 at 2:09 PM Post #2,243 of 6,356
I've only upgraded from dial up five years ago. Currently 19. Surprisingly this hobby pays for itself! I am an wholesale importer of audio products which profits basically have gone into funding my own setups hahah.

Mar 19, 2012 at 2:25 PM Post #2,246 of 6,356

Quote:
I've only upgraded from dial up five years ago. Currently 19. 

Exact same for me, had dial-up until HS. I regularly blame my computer near-illiteracy on that fact.

Mar 19, 2012 at 2:26 PM Post #2,247 of 6,356

Quote:
I'm 14 and all my gear adds up to less than $400... :frowning2:
I need a job

When I was 14 my gear added up to $100 (first gen iPod Shuffle and free earbuds), don't worry about upgrading. Take a girl on a date instead of buying gear.

Mar 19, 2012 at 2:45 PM Post #2,250 of 6,356
Quote:
I had dial-up when I was 9...

I had cable when I was 8, and I'm 22 now!

Haha, we were pretty hyped by our first computer, 600 mHz Pentium II, 6 GiB hard disk, and our high-speed internet connection. We would show it to all the visitors and the family... but there was so little we knew how to do with it.

Headphones are a very popular way of getting in to hi-fi for us youngsters. Good speaker set ups are usually out of reach due to cost and limited space to put them (i.e. most of us live in a (dorm) room and have our hi-fi in this same room).
Additionally, many of us spent a lot of time behind our desks. This means that that the cord of the headphones is not a problem either since we won't be moving much anyways.
And for obvious reasons portable rigs are especially popular among the younger crowd.

I totally agree. Or at least it's my situation right now and I love my setup and subsequently, work space.

But I've grown to become zero portable, though. I now prefer to hear environmental sound and people talk. If, exceptionally, I do not wish that -- in my younger days I used to bike around town with my Sennheiser CX300 u-IEM music all the time, or I simply wouldn't leave the house without my music -- straight out of the headphone jack will do, as I buy my headphones easy to drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back