You know you're an audiophile when...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 29, 2011 at 10:38 PM Post #917 of 6,356
Not huge, but I blew off my US History essay due tomorrow until about now (just finished) to put together some speaker stands, browse Head-Fi and eat some Ramen. Am I alone as the only person who actually LOVES Ramen? I could live on it for a week or two, but I won't because it is so unhealthy :wink:

And I'm calm now, but I wanted to kill everything earlier because I wasted so much time on screwing those speaker stands together, and I split the wood! Grrrr!

Quote:
...you have a HUGE US History assignment due tomorrow, but instead you spend the day on head-fi and tagging all your new classical music.

Also, when you can't stop thinking about those new IEMs you ordered last week and should get here on Tuesday 
atsmile.gif

And in case you were wondering, I don't live in the US, that's why they've taken that long to get here 
frown.gif

Aug 29, 2011 at 10:38 PM Post #918 of 6,356
Wanna see some white K701s? Go watch K-ON! My jaws dropped when I saw them. 

MegaMushroom's avatar looks suspiciously like Azusa.

Oh right, I'm doing this wrong. You're an audiophile when you spend half your day retagging music. Or you're crazy. 

Aug 30, 2011 at 2:20 AM Post #920 of 6,356

Quote:

The thing is, would you put together a special playlist?

Lots of dubstep and Drum n Bass. The drops help if you haven't been getting enough fibre.

EDIT:

Also, you know you're an audiophile when you claim listening fatigue due to the harsh nature of the trebles when listening to a terrible live violinist.

Aug 30, 2011 at 5:00 AM Post #921 of 6,356
Wanna see some white K701s? Go watch K-ON! My jaws dropped when I saw them. 

MegaMushroom's avatar looks suspiciously like Azusa.

Oh right, I'm doing this wrong. You're an audiophile when you spend half your day retagging music. Or you're crazy. 

Happened to me yesterday, my jaws dropped and I slammed spacebar to take some screenshots. However, I don't know whether running it directly from a DAP is such a good idea...

I actually had to do that, iTunes kept messing up my tags for some reason. Plus I had to find all the album artwork again...

Use Album Art Downloader. Makes it go a lot quicker than e.g. google images.

You know you're an audiophile when every single file in your library must have correct Title, Album, Artist, Date, Tracknumber and Album art. And when you as a result spend entire days tagging new music because it was badly tagged when you got it.
(I even did 115 albums in the Merzbow discography, and 89 in the Frank Zappa discography)

Also you know you're an audiophile when you get excited when you identify headphones, instruments or amplifiers when watching anime.

Aug 30, 2011 at 5:57 AM Post #923 of 6,356

Quote:
... when you even examine the sound signature of your campus' horrible paper-cone driver PA system.

... when you get into a 2 hour argument with your percussion teacher over the choice of headphones used on stage.

What else would I wear while drumming other then IEM's? Fullsized would fall off, but he wears AKG's on stage.

Aug 30, 2011 at 6:12 AM Post #924 of 6,356
Speaking of schools and audiophilia. My high school had a party kind of thing today, music, inflated jumping castles, stuff like that. You know you are an audiophile when all you can think of is how loud and damaging the speaker volume is and how the "DJ" messed up the music and played almost nothing but the bass. (I had difficultly figuring out the lyrics 50 meters from the speakers with the volume at 100db to my ears, me ears are hurting at the time of writing, even after 5 hours)

Aug 30, 2011 at 6:17 AM Post #925 of 6,356

Quote:
Speaking of schools and audiophilia. My high school had a party kind of thing today, music, inflated jumping castles, stuff like that. You know you are an audiophile when all you can think of is how loud and damaging the speaker volume is and how the "DJ" messed up the music and played almost nothing but the bass. (I had difficultly figuring out the lyrics 50 meters from the speakers with the volume at 100db to my ears)

I spent 100 hours working on the speaker system for the drama club.

All my friends were in the drama club as the set crew and I was in charge of the audio. I spent 100 hours just on the audio setup for one play, out of 15 we did that year.

With a budget of $1000, I made that stage sound fantastic. When i got to play with the band I was with, the sound was amazing.

You know when you're a audiophile when you dress and prepare as a surgeon for soldering speaker wiring to keep the amount of conductive loss to a minimum.

Aug 30, 2011 at 6:24 AM Post #926 of 6,356

Quote:
I spent 100 hours working on the speaker system for the drama club.

All my friends were in the drama club as the set crew and I was in charge of the audio. I spent 100 hours just on the audio setup for one play, out of 15 we did that year.

With a budget of $1000, I made that stage sound fantastic. When i got to play with the band I was with, the sound was amazing.

You know when you're a audiophile when you dress and prepare as a surgeon for soldering speaker wiring to keep the amount of conductive loss to a minimum.

Come to my school next year ? 
atsmile.gif

You know you are an audiophile when you identify any headphone you can find on TV. Saw a guy with a skullcandy aviator (cost $250 here in Australia) talking about how he is unemployed and from the tougher neighbourhood 

Aug 30, 2011 at 8:09 AM Post #927 of 6,356

Quote:

atsmile.gif

You know you are an audiophile when you identify any headphone you can find on TV. Saw a guy with a skullcandy aviator (cost $250 here in Australia) talking about how he is unemployed and from the tougher neighbourhood 

He could've picked a worse headphone though :p

Aug 30, 2011 at 9:23 AM Post #928 of 6,356

Quote:

atsmile.gif

Hahaha I noticed that one as well! He definitely didn't dress like he was unemployed

Guy

Aug 30, 2011 at 9:28 AM Post #929 of 6,356
Oh and you know your an audiophile when you spend Saturday night cataloguing your CD and Vinyl collection instead of partying then on Sunday you go through your digital collection to make sure all the metadata is correct!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back