You know you're an audiophile when...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 29, 2011 at 5:47 AM Post #903 of 6,356

Quote:
When your idea of a birthday gift for your girlfriend is a klipsch s4i. Thank god she understands.
biggrin.gif

You have a girlfriend? 0.0

Aug 29, 2011 at 7:35 AM Post #904 of 6,356

Quote:
This made me literally laugh out loud. I wish I could do this (seriously!), but I don't live alone, and I can't even bear imagining what my father would think as I carry my portable rig and a roll of toilet paper to the hall bathroom 
redface.gif

I always take my iPod + e7 and headphones to the toilet with me. It makes it a much more pleasent experience.

Aug 29, 2011 at 4:52 PM Post #911 of 6,356
I love indie artists, and I bu their music because they need help getting started, and I believe everyone deserves to get themselves heard. I also prefer them over major record labels because the major labels can change the music to appeal to more audiences and make more money, almost completely ruining the original creativity of the artist. It's sad, and I feel bad for major label artists. You don't hear about them complaining because they are under contract. Again, it's sad. I buy their music to give them that opportunity they deserve without them having to have the thing they are trying to say altered by a major label. Plus, when you're indie, you have mor eof an opportunity to be personal with your fan base. If you have <1000 fans, it's much easier. I am personally friends with some of my favorite music artists, and they live under half an hour away from me, and it's great. I get to deliver my "fan mail" by word of mouth :)

Quote:
The thing I hate about indie is the term itself. It's supposed to signify independance of some sort, right? But for instance, ECM is an independent (AFAIK, correct me if I'm wrong) jazz label and Ostgut Ton is an independent Techno label. Were I to catogarize them by their independance, they would be exactly the same. Whilst they are musically the exact opposite (well, not quite but you get the picture). The term holds no musical relevance at all and is therefore stupid. </ragemodus>

Aug 29, 2011 at 10:05 PM Post #913 of 6,356

Quote:
When you ID the headphones in this picture before realizing it's a show you've watched before. Head-fi is getting to me...

Some nice HD598's eh?

What show is that? I will watch it in its entirety because you know you're an audiophile when you watch an anime just because the HD 598's make an appearance in it.

Aug 29, 2011 at 10:15 PM Post #914 of 6,356
When your original pair is never good enough and you keep on purchasing until you own the top of every line, and in the end, you just went out and bought a speaker system because none of them curbed your craving

Aug 29, 2011 at 10:20 PM Post #915 of 6,356
It's just fan art though
beyersmile.png

Amagami SS, if you're that curious.

For another one...Once again, you ID the headphones before realizing which show. I'm not sure about what kind of headphones they are this time though, but it is K-ON!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back