You know you're an audiophile when...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 22, 2011 at 11:45 AM Post #871 of 6,356
When you know you have a disease called upgradeitis but don't give a dam about a finding a cure.

Aug 22, 2011 at 2:02 PM Post #872 of 6,356
When you save every month for your next upgrade. And think every night which headphones to buy? 
wink.gif

Aug 22, 2011 at 3:59 PM Post #874 of 6,356

Quote:
When you think back before your audio revelation and think: what I fool I was back then.

Back then, when I thought I would get beautiful sound by buying a $25 pc speakerset.
Back then, when I thought my Sennheiser CX 300 sounded like summit-fi.
Back then, when I thought bass equalled sound quality
Back then, when I thought sound cards and external DACs couldn't possibly have the slightest effect on sound quality.
Back then, when I thought that Razer headphones actually had decent sound quality for their price.
Back then, when I thought that you shouldn't listen to music per album, but rather by selecting an artist or genre and hitting shuffle.
Back then, when I thought that my dad listened to abominable music.
Back then, when I thought that all headphones sounded the same
Back then, when I thought that audiophiles were fools acting solemnly on a placebo.
Back then, when I thought that vinyl is for hippies and old people not wanting to change to digital media.
Back then, when I thought that music was only to be listened to on the background, and should not be thought of as an actual activity.
Back then, when I thought a DAP with 4GB had more than enough storage.

Oh heavens, what a fool I was back then. Tell me, how could I possibly repent for my endless list of sins? Oh heavens, tell me it's not too late to repent.

^ Back then, when Beats and Skullcandy were acceptable. :wink:

Aug 22, 2011 at 6:10 PM Post #880 of 6,356

Quote:
Hold on, hold on. Don't get overexcited when writing posts. Take your time.

I thought the post was perfectly coherent. He has way too much stuff than he needs, but still gets new stuff. 

...when you manage to type out an entire essay replacing the word "beans" with "beats." Thank goodness I proofread it.

Aug 22, 2011 at 10:42 PM Post #881 of 6,356
When on any given day you spent more hours searching for subtleties in music than you do actually doing something productive.

Aug 23, 2011 at 12:45 AM Post #882 of 6,356
When you buy a new $900 amp and the cost kills your wallet and it doesn't bother you in the least.

Aug 24, 2011 at 10:23 PM Post #884 of 6,356
When some random dude threatens you because you didn't realize how close you creapily got trying to see if the IEMs he was wearing were indeed what you thought they were... sigh.

Aug 24, 2011 at 11:32 PM Post #885 of 6,356

Quote:
When some random dude threatens you because you didn't realize how close you creapily got trying to see if the IEMs he was wearing were indeed what you thought they were... sigh.

What were they?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back