You know you're an audiophile when...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 16, 2011 at 12:08 AM Post #76 of 6,356

Quote:
You know you're an audiophile when you suddenly hear a detail you've never heard before in a song you've listened to a thousand times and then get the sudden urge to tell someone around you only to realize that you're surrounded by coworkers who won't care. 

i did that.

except I called a friend and told him that i could recognize Steven Wilsons voice (whispered in the background) in Opeth's Damnation.

Mar 16, 2011 at 12:10 AM Post #77 of 6,356
... when your bank balance varies between $2.39 and $200 and you still cant stop thinking about all the gear you want to buy. Dr Phil could build an entire series around this sort of obsessive behaviour.

Mar 16, 2011 at 12:46 AM Post #78 of 6,356
when all the "sentimental" items you have collected all your life are reduced to ... "how much could i get for this"...

when you sell your friends used shoes on ebay to get $20 more towards your next rig... yes i have...

when your original budget was $200, and the next thing you know $2000 doesnt seem like enough.

when 64GB of storage on a Portable player just doesnt cut it

when you spend more time fiddling with the equalizer than you do listening to music

Mar 16, 2011 at 12:53 AM Post #79 of 6,356
when your original budget was $200, and the next thing you know $2000 doesnt seem like enough.
Luckily, I've still stayed in the $200 range at this point. The random impulse buying of random cheap headphones to see if I can find a gem has begun though. We'll see how that snowballs into insanity though. It's coming, I can feel it.

Mar 16, 2011 at 1:13 AM Post #82 of 6,356
Audiophole= Appreciate music and respect performers of music 

so, the following is a true requirement in my opinion

1. No downloading: that is no rip and copy from others. Purchasing high quality music online ,sharing yeah with your friends who actually has a retail copy of the music, borrow stored music from public and rip it, and any other legally redistribution of music is not limited by this clause.
This is to ensure the music listen to is compressed in it's original form, instead of some format which damage the music

( yeah MP3 folks, I am talking to you. Do you realize the string guy disappear in a giant synphony? when I convert my friend's performance into MP3, he disappear. That is how I find out )

2. Accept all music
People might not like Rap, Rock, Classica, Instrument only, etc...
and you do not have to listen to the either. Yet you have to accept them
Accept that even your sister blows her piano performance, it is still music
Accpet that even if all Rapper do is have a mediocore mic, bad enviornment, and crappy digital-generate music, it is still music

People can have their opinion, and you can deny that opinion and/or point out the flaws in that opinion
yet you cannot deny the fact that it is an opinion, witht the exception of logical fallacy and/or false evidence of support

please refer to this , the recent  Snyder v. Phelps decision Supreme Court made

3. Bring out the most potential of the rig, unless the next purchase is your last purchase
I purchase $500 amps for my ATH ES7, yeah, I really squeeze out the last bit of ES7, and then I move on
that is how I do it: Squeeze out every bit of potential of my gears. And I love it
some people plug HD650 straight into computer headphone jack
If they are having fun, I will not mind. Except the fact that this conflicts with the 1st clause: respect performers
If there are 100 performers, and when you listen to it, you think there is only 99, then you are stepping on that 1 performer's face
For that he work so hard, and yet you did not give a ____ about it

4. ENJOY WITH YOUR HEART
if you are not truly appreciate music, what is the point of doing all 3 things above? might as well pick up your instrument or open garage band and start compose your own.

Quote From Various Asian Headphone Forum
Music is the purpose, music hardwares are the method , tuning hardwares are the procedures, Joy is the conclusion.

Mar 16, 2011 at 1:17 AM Post #83 of 6,356

Quote:
i did that.

except I called a friend and told him that i could recognize Steven Wilsons voice (whispered in the background) in Opeth's Damnation.

Which song and when???

Also, you know you're an audiophile when you notice the keyboard clat at the end of a recording (seriously, listen. I don't remember specific songs, but some bands do this)

Mar 16, 2011 at 1:23 AM Post #85 of 6,356
When out of nowhere you think...new headphones would be cool....yea, thats cool*looking at D5000* or that*RS2* FUHHHHHHHHHHH.Also when your blood boils when you hear the phrase "I got da beats, dey da best evear!!!!"

Mar 16, 2011 at 2:27 AM Post #86 of 6,356

Quote:
Which song and when???

Also, you know you're an audiophile when you notice the keyboard clat at the end of a recording (seriously, listen. I don't remember specific songs, but some bands do this)

pretty much the whole album, I think Death whispered a lullaby is more obvious.

Mar 16, 2011 at 2:27 AM Post #87 of 6,356

Quote:
lol. Whenever I order headphones, I always dream of getting them and being extremely disappointed because they are extremely cheap feeling and barely look like what I saw online.

That has happened to me on all my headphones except the KSC 75's (they surprised me how good they felt in the hands) My HD 800's, CD2000's and CD3000s
You know you are an audiophile when a girl asks you why you won't ask her out and you reply "because music is much more fun"

Mar 16, 2011 at 2:32 AM Post #88 of 6,356
Quote:
When your rig cost more than your car. 

HAHA, damn that's a good one.

Here's mine:

When you've managed to spend close to $2500 on audio gear since losing your job.

Mar 16, 2011 at 3:24 AM Post #90 of 6,356
Quote:
Oh hell, my rig cost more than my two cars and motorcycle.
smily_headphones1.gif

The rig might even have a higher MSRP than the house I'm thinking about buying.
biggrin.gif

HAHA! Well you have an awesome rig, so that's not doubtful. I've gotta hear that Omega 2 someday...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back