You know you're an audiophile when...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 19, 2011 at 8:40 PM Post #152 of 6,356

Quote:
you know you're an audiophile when you are watching TV, with your girlfriend, and when an promo for a car that costs 400.000$ shows up, she says "with that money i could buy a house!".... and you say "with that money i could buy the best rig in the world!".... and then you get slapped,but you keep dreaming about that rig...

LOL. Shes thinking about family. 
Audio > Family.. LOL good one

Mar 19, 2011 at 10:30 PM Post #156 of 6,356
Dude. What hath this forum done to you? LOL 
darthsmile.gif

Quote:
you know you're an audiophile when you are watching TV, with your girlfriend, and when an promo for a car that costs 400.000$ shows up, she says "with that money i could buy a house!".... and you say "with that money i could buy the best rig in the world!".... and then you get slapped,but you keep dreaming about that rig...

Mar 19, 2011 at 10:46 PM Post #158 of 6,356
When your equalizer isn't completely maxed on every band.

When your spectrum analyzer isn't topped out on every band

When your VU meter isn't burying the needle

When you will pause your nice loud stereo to leave the room (that you can hear in the room you're going to) just because you know the soundstage will go out on you while you're walking away

When you refuse to listen to your favorite song because someone is offering you an earbud

When you realize $$≠SQ (but it does help most of the time)

Mar 19, 2011 at 10:51 PM Post #159 of 6,356

Quote:
When your equalizer isn't completely maxed on every band.

When your spectrum analyzer isn't topped out on every band

When your VU meter isn't burying the needle

When you will pause your nice loud stereo to leave the room (that you can hear in the room you're going to) just because you know the soundstage will go out on you while you're walking away

When you refuse to listen to your favorite song because someone is offering you an earbud

When you realize $$≠SQ (but it does help most of the time)

I tot true audiophile don't use EQ lol
Listen to the music the way its suppose to sound

Mar 19, 2011 at 10:55 PM Post #160 of 6,356

Yeah, but sometimes your equipment can't get to that sound without assistance so you help it get to the sound the producer intended. I'm almost always flat unless I have really, really "warm" speakers (just because I don't want to call them bad at doing HF on their own) in which case I use an EQ to balance it out a bit.

Mar 19, 2011 at 11:01 PM Post #161 of 6,356

Quote:

Not true at all. I EQ almost everything. Most people don't know how to EQ well so they ignore it and dismiss others who do it.

Although right now I'm doing my best not to EQ my SM3 and am trying get more used to it.

Mar 19, 2011 at 11:22 PM Post #162 of 6,356
I supposed audiophiles do not use eq because additional eq units add on additional electronics in the signal path which is undesirable. I do remember there are some very hi end units like cello palette that is a eq preamp itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back