You just can't be nice to some folks......
Jan 5, 2003 at 4:36 AM Post #31 of 76
Free LP’s? I must have been sleeping. Heck I’d put you on my Christmas card list for some free LP’s.

I had a guy complain about being a poor student trying to beat me down $5 on some tubes and in his next post he’s buying the W2002’s for $850? Some people.

I can’t imagine complaining about something someone gave me for free. You even paid shipping? I’m glad I don’t understand this unappreciative guy.

Try not to let one rotten apple destroy your faith in the people here. I’ve had some great exchanges with the folks here.

Jan 5, 2003 at 5:32 AM Post #32 of 76
I ignore people that whine about how they're poor starving students/unemployed etc. 90% of the time further down the road I see them in the classifieds threads buying some expensive things or brag/talk about what they have in their inventory. Unless the members know each other well enough, people that announce their misfortunes in public are exaggerating liars or really desparate. The latter is rarely true, any person with pride and self-respect wouldn't do it. If it is true first thing they need to do is sell their computer(s), disconnect the isp, stop wasting time on a entertainment oriented forum such as this and find out ways to fix their problem.

Jan 5, 2003 at 5:38 AM Post #33 of 76
TR/Fred

I'm truly sorry you had to deal with such incompetence. I'm sorry youve had things stolen/lost as a result of your generosity and trust. honestly, if it were me, i would probably clam up and not share anything of mine again unless i knew the people and completely trusted them.

i agree that there are some great ppl in this forum, and ive been lucky to have been on the receiving end of another's trust by their loaning gear to me to demo. i really appreciate opportunities such as this, and the trust that goes along with.

Tuberoller, please post the person's name if they do not come forward. at very least, it will be a warning to the rest of us to have no dealings with them. i realize that it might cause a witch-hunt, where headfiers would email/PM the person offensive, negative remarks...but it think the warning it would provide would be more valuable than the potential harm done.

again, sorry it happened.

Jan 5, 2003 at 5:46 AM Post #34 of 76
Guys,

I'm at a particularly busy Firehouse today in a really bad area.I find myself having a bad day and being very verbal about it.I am really angry with this guy, but in all truth he didn't steal anything from me.He did betray my trust and I won't be dealing with him again,but I will not reveal his name.I want him to come forward and lay himself across the tracks.He has it coming.

I have had few bad experiences dealing with head-fi members but all those experiences have been very upsetting.The problems I had with the Grado headphones I sold were mild and mostly sane.When I got my HD600 replacement cables back last time both the Cardas and Clou were damaged and I had to replace them both.The member that asked to borrow them made no apologies for the damage and took a very long time(4 weeks) to return them.I have sent the three cables(Clou,Equinox,Cardas) to at least six other members and never had them damaged.I am not really angry about that as they all saw heavy use,but an explanation and timely return would have helped.I think I'm gonna pass on any further lending out and giving away gear and music.I will go ahead and honor any promises I made to loan gear(amps,cables etc.) before today.

Jan 5, 2003 at 5:58 AM Post #35 of 76
IMO, spitting at a generous persons face with no remorse such as this is worse than blind stealing. Kudos to your integrity.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 5, 2003 at 6:33 AM Post #37 of 76
Quote:

e been very upsetting.The problems I had with the Grado headphones I sold were mild and mostly sane.When I got my HD600 replacement cables back last time both the Cardas and Clou were damaged and I had to replace them both.The member that asked to borrow them made no apologies for the damage and took a very long time(4 weeks) to return them.I have sent the three cables(Clou,Equinox,Cardas) to at least six other members and never had them damaged.I am not really angry about that as they all saw heavy use,but an explanation and timely return would have helped.I think I'm gonna pass on any further lending out and giving away gear and music

Jesus, Tuberoller, you're a generous guy. To be honest, being part of an online community is one thing, but take that out into the real world...
Just take a look at the world, far too many greedy people out there happy to take advantage of someone's good will. When I heard people talking about shipping around equipment to try out, I thought that was really pretty risky. At least you got your **** back, but whoever overkept it and abused it should really be ashamed of themselves and is just a greedy little child.

As far as the record things goes, I'm always making cds for people and work and some guys are like, cool! They always come up and tell me later how much they liked it and thank me again. A couple other guys, never even say thank you again or if they've ever given it a listen. Yet, they have the balls to keeping asking me to download tracks for them and make them new cds. I helped them out a few more times, then I finally said, screw them. There are far too many users in the world, whether they just be ungrateful, selfish or plain ****ing spoilt and used to having people hand things to them. There's nothing worse than getting a favour thrown back in your face. To the guy who took the records then had the gonads to complain about a GIFT - you're pathetic.

Jan 5, 2003 at 6:34 AM Post #38 of 76
who's for dropping some change into the collection plate to buy TR a new cardas and clou?

damn, btwn those cables, and SE's damaged Melos by USPS, headfiers are gettings screwed left and right.

SE/Doug, if youre reading this: About that Melos, is USPS going to refund you for the repairs? were you able to file a claim for the damage?

Jan 5, 2003 at 6:37 AM Post #39 of 76
Quote:

Originally posted by KR...
I get the feeling that this will never ever happen
rolleyes.gif

Can you blame him?? The line for the lynch mob has already formed, played judge, jury, and executioner, and now wants to do physical harm to them.

Before I make a few statements I would like to say: I am not the person in question
biggrin.gif
; and I don't, in any way, defend what he/she did; and I don't think Tuberoller has done or did anything wrong.

How many here have not done something they were embarassed or ashamed about, and didn't mention it to the person offended? Probably no one. When I was 17 I borrowed someone's car and while backing out of the parking spot I hit the car next to me and tore off a small plastic piece at the edge of their bumper. I stopped, grabbed the piece, threw it in the trash, and prayed no one saw me. I never told the co-worker about what I did, nor did I leave a note saying what happened for the person who's car I just damaged. For that reason I would say the person who damaged the cord(s) might be quite ashamed about it, and therefore doesn't want to bring it up out of embarassment. It's horrible what they did, but not uncommon. That's the risk we take when we loan stuff. That person should have paid for it, and apologized for what they did, but I pity them since I've been there myself. "He who has done no wrong may cast the first stone!" I for one have no stone to throw here.

When you trust someone at their word, you never know what will happen. If I get something for free and agree to only give it away, "freely you have received, freely shall you give", that's what you do. This person betrayed a trust and went back on thier word. Reprehensible on both counts. Have I ever gone back on my word? Of course, but not in the last decade or so. All I have with many here is my reputation, and on that I will stand or fall. How many of you ordered sample components from some company like AD or Burr Brown, then didn't like them and then SOLD them later?? That's the same thing my friend. You said you would do one thing, then went against your word. Here again, I find myself without stones to throw.

I am stricly against gossip and slander, but in the case of protecting others from having this happen it is neither and justified to reveal their name. Tuberoller is quite an honorable person for taking his stance, and I admire him for it, but would do differently in his place. If revenge, spite, or anything else negative came into play, I would write it off and let it go. If it is with a pure desire to protect others and keep them from repeating the mistake, it would be fine by me.

Am I bragging about how decent and good I am? No, just giving some examples from my own life so that you might relate better to what I am saying. I have learned a few things about trust and honor in my few years, but I have also learned not to expect that same level of commitment from others. It will only cause heartache and problems. When giving or loaning with strings attached, you will get burned every now and again. Human nature and depravity are facts of life, and when you run into someone with low values and morals, you'll pay for it in the end. Tubrroller, on eof the nicest and kindest people here got burned going way beyond the normal and trying to help and bless others. And now due to a few individuals we all suffer and are at a loss because of it. We all suffer from these peoples' actions since he is now twice shy in his dealings.

If you want to flame me for airing my opinions, please feel free to PM me or post it here. I will not flame war with anyone over this point of view. I respect too many of you to lower this forum and do so.

Jan 5, 2003 at 7:16 AM Post #40 of 76
Ouch! I daresay this guy got waaay too greedy for his own good! It's possible he had to pay back some debts or something (and as a result made a deal to sell the records even though you said he shoudn't), however judging by his behaviour I SERIOUSLY doubt it. I think we're dealing with a run-of-the mill greedy scumbag here...

It's really sad to hear you getting burned like this, Tuberoller, after all you've done for the community... REALLY sad.

frown.gif

Jan 5, 2003 at 3:30 PM Post #41 of 76
IMO, i think head-fi deserves to know who would do this so we don't fall victim to it ourselves. They've had plently of time to expose themselves, and give their side of the story, but they've clearly chosen not to.

And i'm really sorry to hear about that tuberoller.
frown.gif

Jan 5, 2003 at 9:10 PM Post #42 of 76
sorry to hear about your trust-shaking experience here, tuberoller. i'm sure you have made more friends here with your generosity and trust, which makes it doubly shamefull that one member could wreck it. speaking of sharing, if someone in the u.s. wants a free mfsl cd, please pm me.

Jan 5, 2003 at 10:11 PM Post #43 of 76
Too bad this has to happen to such a good guy as Tuberoller. I've spent some time with him and he is one of the nicest guys I've ever met. Tube, there are a lot of jerks out in the world and I too have learned the hard way not to trust everbody you meet. There are still a lot of very good people here and it's one of the best communities on the net. Don't take it too hard man. Call me sometime(I just got a new cell phone) and we'll go see a strip show to ease your pain.
biggrin.gif

Jan 6, 2003 at 1:38 AM Post #44 of 76
I really feel for what happened to Tuberoller, this guy sure sounds like a tool.

But the fact that everyone is lining up to lynch this person without hearing their side of the story, and even going so far as to THREATEN PHYSICAL VIOLENCE (oh no, internet threats! whatever will we do?), sure says a lot about online mob mentality, doesn't it?

Jan 6, 2003 at 2:20 AM Post #45 of 76
Quote:

Originally posted by elipsis
I really feel for what happened to Tuberoller, this guy sure sounds like a tool.

But the fact that everyone is lining up to lynch this person without hearing their side of the story, and even going so far as to THREATEN PHYSICAL VIOLENCE (oh no, internet threats! whatever will we do?), sure says a lot about online mob mentality, doesn't it?

Well the yoko bit is more like mental torture.
rolleyes.gif

But I still think this guy is just bad for this community.
mad.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back