You just can't be nice to some folks......
Jan 4, 2003 at 11:50 PM Post #17 of 76
We're all pretty tight here. That does suck that someone would do that. I doubt if they will come forward. People like that don't have any morales or balls.

p.s.thanks Doug

Jan 4, 2003 at 11:59 PM Post #18 of 76
Wow, that really sucks. Since a bunch of us (including me) want to know who's responsible, and this was some form of transaction, why not give the person some negative feedback in the Buyer/Seller forum?

Jan 5, 2003 at 12:09 AM Post #19 of 76
Quote:

Originally posted by dhwilkin
Wow, that really sucks. Since a bunch of us (including me) want to know who's responsible, and this was some form of transaction, why not give the person some negative feedback in the Buyer/Seller forum?

Am I the only person who's now gonna watch the feedback forum and see who get's a bad comment done by Tubreroller?? I bet not.
biggrin.gif

Jan 5, 2003 at 12:15 AM Post #20 of 76
Quote:

Since a bunch of us (including me) want to know who's responsible, and this was some form of transaction, why not give the person some negative feedback in the Buyer/Seller forum?

That would definitely be the appropriate place to expose this *******. Buying, selling, and trading stuff with other Head-Fiers is one of the things that makes this place great. I would certainly like to know who this jerk is so that I can avoid dealing with him. Even though you were giving away your records (extremely admirable IMO!
smily_headphones1.gif
), it is still a transaction and this fellow doesn't seem to be trustworthy if he can't figure out how to be appreciative.

Jan 5, 2003 at 12:53 AM Post #22 of 76
I would doubt that this person would dare say anything in public.
Although, it does make me a more weary of buying/selling here with someone like that lurking around. Think about it, the guy bitches about getting what are essentially gifts. To make things worse, he's selling these gifts. I would hate to do business with search a person.

Jan 5, 2003 at 12:56 AM Post #23 of 76
Quote:

Obviously someone who complains about 'cutouts' is too young to remember that this was a common method of record shops to sell clearance-type (usually brand new) stock.

Whew, I guess that puts me in the clear.
biggrin.gif

Jan 5, 2003 at 1:27 AM Post #24 of 76
Quote:

Kick his ass!

That would be my first thought
mad.gif

but since that is not practical,and it seems YOU are going out of your way to be nice (not letting on who the offender is) ,the person at the least should offer a private apology.

Minimum for anyone with a shred of decency .

And "blowing the whistle" can be a real b*tch but somehow the members need a heads up so they do not get burned .

Tough call

confused.gif

Jan 5, 2003 at 1:35 AM Post #25 of 76
Quote:

Originally posted by darkclouds
Think about it, the guy bitches about getting what are essentially gifts. To make things worse, he's selling these gifts. I would hate to do business with search a person.

You and me both DarkClouds!!

Jan 5, 2003 at 1:42 AM Post #26 of 76
Well I'm not ready to assume that this person would be dishonest in a transaction. That would be at a whole different level. I remember another buyer pleading to be a poor student to get a good price, and then turning around and selling for profit. That's dishonest.

In TB's case we mainly have a serious lack of class.

Jan 5, 2003 at 2:01 AM Post #27 of 76
Sorry that you've had to go through this tuberoller
frown.gif
. Some people in this world. . . I think he needs to be exposed. Let's show him that he's gone too far, and that sort of behavior is NOT tolerated.

Jan 5, 2003 at 3:16 AM Post #28 of 76
What a prick!
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

I say we have a public Head-Fi flogging.
We can whip him with cheap ass ICs and make him listen to 32kbp MP3's of Yoko Ono on a crappy headphone system!

...Then we flog him some more.

Jan 5, 2003 at 4:04 AM Post #29 of 76
Quote:

Originally posted by bootman
I say we have a public Head-Fi flogging.
We can whip him with cheap ass ICs and make him listen to 32kbp MP3's of Yoko Ono on a crappy headphone system!

I think this would fall under cruel AND unusual punishment.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
At least we know that this guy will never receive another free album again. Talk about unappreciative, man I am thankful when I get $5 for support of our work we are doing. Man, if someone gave me some stuff that was free I'd never say anything but thanks. Repeatedly.

Jan 5, 2003 at 4:16 AM Post #30 of 76
Quote:

Originally posted by Tuberoller
a condition of my generosity is that the records not be sold.If they are to be passed on I request that they be given away only.

...After exchanging a few nasty emails it is clear to me that this guy has sold many of the records I gave him

This person sounds dishonest to me. If you agree to the terms of a transaction, even if no money is being exchanged, and don't live up to those terms, you can not be trusted.

I would not want to do business with this person either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back