You just can't be nice to some folks......
Jan 4, 2003 at 8:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 76

Tuberoller

Divorced an Orpheus to keep his wife.
Over the last few months I have been giving away a lot of records to my friends at Head-fi,dealers and a few other folks who have asked.I really don't mind giving away even the valuable recods but a condition of my generosity is that the records not be sold.If they are to be passed on I request that they be given away only.Anyone who has ever gotten a record from me can attest to the fact that I do not send junk.Every record is cleaned and placed in inner and outer sleeves and shipped in a record mailer.

I got an email from a guy(a head-fi member) actually complaining about the fact that I sent him a "cut-out".This is a record that has a small saw cut somewhere on the outer and sometimes inner LP jacket.This in no way effects playback of the record as the record is untouched.For the purposes of sharing music this should have been fine.I began to wonder if this guy still has all the records I have sent him over the past few months.After exchanging a few nasty emails it is clear to me that this guy has sold many of the records I gave him for free,including shipping,betraying my trust.This kind of **** really gets under my skin.All this after a long delay in shipping out records because I ran out of inner sleeves and had to endure this guy calling me on the phone at least a dozen times.This makes it difficult for me to trust anyone enough to continue to do this.After having people steal and lose my gear this is the last ****in' straw for me.This is why I know a borrowing system won't work.******** like this ruin the whole spirit of sharing for me.

Jan 4, 2003 at 8:55 PM Post #3 of 76
Wow. What an *******... He's probably one of those guys who drives around in an SUV at dusk with like 4 high beams too... Maybe he should be taught a lesson somehow..
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 4, 2003 at 8:56 PM Post #4 of 76
Not to pry, but what got lost/stolen wasn't from here, was it?

Again, they deserve to be exposed.

I hope I never get stung like that from this site. I have on motorcycle deals, but not from Head-fi'ers.

Jan 4, 2003 at 9:02 PM Post #5 of 76
I would much rather this person respond and expose himself.

Jan 4, 2003 at 9:15 PM Post #6 of 76
Tuberoller,

That's awful I can't believe that someone would take advantage of your generosity like that and then complain about it. The nerve of some people.

Don't let it totally ruin your outlook on the people here though. One of the things that keeps me coming back is the feeling of community and help that most try to give each other. I've met some truly amazing people here. It sucks when you run into someone who takes advantage of this but don't let them ruin your outlook on the rest of the people.

Jan 4, 2003 at 9:18 PM Post #7 of 76
Let me get this straight. You give him a bunch of records, shipped at your expense, and he has been complaining about what he got? I hope he lives in Hawaii, and is man enough to expose himself here so I can kick his ass.

Jan 4, 2003 at 9:27 PM Post #8 of 76
I used to sort-of scanvenge hunt CDs at record shows. When I really get into a band, I want *every* track they've ever put down. I'm not usually chasing packaging but if there's some weird live version only available on a Holland b-side, I want it.

Obviously, I've come across a handful of bootlegs, imports, demos... and cut-outs. And when I found them, I celebrated.

When someone gives me free CDs, I'm thankful. I think most people are. It doesn't surprise me that you run into a couple of ingrates here and there on forums where people buy and sell hotly collectible crap to enthusiast markets, but I still say you have to play the 80/20 rule. Most people are cool, you just gotta let the other 20% go and realize they probably have their own crap to deal with.

Jan 4, 2003 at 10:34 PM Post #9 of 76
That guy is a total *******... as if the betrayal of your trust wasn't enough he has the nerve to complain!
mad.gif

The more I think about it, the angrier I get! Someone should teach some manners to that idiot!

Jan 4, 2003 at 10:35 PM Post #10 of 76
What a jack ass, people like that should get severe public beatings. In so many ways I wish I was back in the old days...

Fred, you have been burned far too many times, I feel that you are too trusting of people. May I suggest you only extend your generosity to people whom you've made friends with when it comes to dealing with people over the internet.

Jan 4, 2003 at 10:36 PM Post #11 of 76
Wow, that sucks TR. Obviously someone who complains about 'cutouts' is too young to remember that this was a common method of record shops to sell clearance-type (usually brand new) stock. No impact on the record itself. What an idiot. This person is an a__hole.

Try to take kelly's advice and not let this person affect your opinion of the whole world. I know it's difficult when **** like this goes down, but...
Quote:

He's probably one of those guys who drives around in an SUV at dusk with like 4 high beams too...

LOL, DW! So true.

Jan 4, 2003 at 11:04 PM Post #13 of 76
Tuberoller,

Sorry to hear you got stuck dealing with losers in your recent dealings. But please don't get hard hearted about all people here. There are some really good people who are a dream to deal with, its just hard to find them sometimes.

When you give your word on something, YOU KEEP IT. Even if it means taking a loss. I recently had to eat a couple of hundred dollars in losses on an item busted enroute to a buyer. Seems the USPS dropped my packed enough to damage a very expensive Melos pre amp inside without damaging the box. I refunded the buyer the money, and now am waiting to have him send it to MAR where I'll pay to have it fixed. What's the problem?? Nothing!! I really can't afford the expense, but had no choice. I couldnt shaft teh buyer, it wasn't his fault.

Jan 4, 2003 at 11:11 PM Post #14 of 76
That sucks Fred. When i was in HS some neighbor handed me over 100 LP's, many promo cut outs since his son was a DJ...i didn't mind one bit, they were free and in great shape. I probably thanked the guy a million times as i got many gems out of that collection and shared the rest with a friend and his parents.

I think most of us here that have dealt with you know your a great person, hell, you sent me your Stax electret unit to try out when i got interested in obtaining one from ebay...how many people here are willing to ship out their gear to someone else to test out? Not many i think.

Jan 4, 2003 at 11:14 PM Post #15 of 76
Quote:

Originally posted by gloco
how many people here are willing to ship out their gear to someone else to test out? Not many i think.

A handful of people have really gone out of their way to let me audition their stuff. I don't think it's that uncommon. There are some really cool people here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back