Yesterday i bought a pair of Beats Solo HD .....
Jun 4, 2012 at 2:23 AM Post #47 of 58
Quote:
Is it better? I keep hearing this, what's the difference between the m100 and LP2? Is there a release date?

yes its the successor too the lp line, and I think there was a release date on the m100 thread.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/592389/v-moda-m-100-discussion-feedback-reviews-pics-etc/1425

Jun 4, 2012 at 3:23 AM Post #48 of 58
Quote:
yes its the successor too the lp line, and I think there was a release date on the m100 thread.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/592389/v-moda-m-100-discussion-feedback-reviews-pics-etc/1425

I was looking for a super bassy headphones but clean sounds also so is it possible that the m100 has more bass or really good bass? I don't want bass like the m50s but i'd say a strong bass like the beats but sounds like the m50. Which from reading a bit seems like it has a strong bass like the LP2 or a little less but better highs and mids.

EDIT: Also i've been reading through the m100 thread, $300 is the price for it? Just rumors but my max was around $200.

Jun 4, 2012 at 3:53 AM Post #49 of 58
Quote:
I was looking for a super bassy headphones but clean sounds also so is it possible that the m100 has more bass or really good bass? I don't want bass like the m50s but i'd say a strong bass like the beats but sounds like the m50. Which from reading a bit seems like it has a strong bass like the LP2 or a little less but better highs and mids.

EDIT: Also i've been reading through the m100 thread, $300 is the price for it? Just rumors but my max was around $200.

you might like a pair of ultrasone headphones, also the sony xb700 would be good for what you looking for.

Jun 4, 2012 at 4:07 AM Post #50 of 58
Quote:
you might like a pair of ultrasone headphones, also the sony xb700 would be good for what you looking for.

Yea i looked at both of those, the sonys seems to be probably closer to what i'm looking for but  those are ugly to me. Ultrasone is ok but not my favorite pair of looking headphones. I wanted something portable with a case that i can bring along trips so that's why the LP2 was the best.. I think i'll buy the LP2 since the M100 is rumored to be a bit less bassy and more pricey. Sorry for going off topic but thanks for the help!

Jun 4, 2012 at 4:31 AM Post #51 of 58
I don't think it's the fact that someone can like these.. I think it's the fact that someone is using a decent amp with them. It's actually pretty hilarious.

Jun 4, 2012 at 11:53 AM Post #55 of 58
Quote:
Amps and DACs don't magically turn a fundamentally bad sounding headphone into a good sounding headphone.

This, many times.
A headphone is good or bad, which is partially a matter of taste. You shouldn't have to spend 300$ on an amp to get a decent sound out of 150$ headphones. Besides amps aren't/shouldn't be hardware EQs, they don't exist to cancel the flaws of our headphones, and yet whenever someone says a pair of headphone are bright or something similar, he gets bashed for not using a high-output impedance 500$ tube amp to get a warmer sound.

Jun 4, 2012 at 5:40 PM Post #56 of 58
Yea i looked at both of those, the sonys seems to be probably closer to what i'm looking for but  those are ugly to me. Ultrasone is ok but not my favorite pair of looking headphones. I wanted something portable with a case that i can bring along trips so that's why the LP2 was the best.. I think i'll buy the LP2 since the M100 is rumored to be a bit less bassy and more pricey. Sorry for going off topic but thanks for the help!

Aiaiai tma1?

Jun 4, 2012 at 5:43 PM Post #57 of 58
This, many times.
A headphone is good or bad, which is partially a matter of taste. You shouldn't have to spend 300$ on an amp to get a decent sound out of 150$ headphones. Besides amps aren't/shouldn't be hardware EQs, they don't exist to cancel the flaws of our headphones, and yet whenever someone says a pair of headphone are bright or something similar, he gets bashed for not using a high-output impedance 500$ tube amp to get a warmer sound.

you have a good point, and sorry if I can write long post because I'm on my phone now going home

Jan 12, 2013 at 7:38 AM Post #58 of 58
I feel so much better about my Beats Solo HD. I was so embarrassed to even own them after reading how horrible people say they are. I also own "better headphones" i guess or at least more reputable branded ones like audiotechnica and brainwavz but i still love my Beats Solo HDs because of their amazing comfort, decent isolation, and good portability. And thy have a microphone and of course like every other Beat owner I think they are a very good looking headphone. For me and my needs the Beats Solo HD me every requirement. I use them for watching movies, music and gaming.

Thank You for posting this thread, astroid :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back