YES!!! monster Beats Solo ARE AMAZINGG...Not really, they are horrid
Jan 16, 2010 at 5:16 AM Post #76 of 145
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
RANT TIME ---

This reviewer is such a tool. "This is some of the nicest packaging I've seen." Yeah, and guess where your money is going? It certainly isn't the phones. -- Louder? He's comparing in-ear buds to supra-aural phones. One sits much closer to your eardrum!!! "This is the best cord you can get for these phones for the ultimate sound quality." Ok, tool. "Check out the Lady Gaga versions to my [gives the snazzy finger point] right." Check out me pressing the stop button on this video.

I so agree.

Jan 16, 2010 at 5:58 AM Post #77 of 145
Quote:

Originally Posted by the search never ends /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Get low.By lil jon and the eastside boys has tremendously complex bass that is very distinct in differnet pitches and impact, which would be completely lost with bloated bass cans.

Yes this is very true.

Also Salt Shaker by Ying Yang Twins.

I think they call that type of music KRUNK. Its a type of Hip Hop.

I admit I sometimes talk out of my @ss but I do believe there are many hip hop songs with digital bass. And Skull Candy do go good with Lil john.

Who knows maybe its cause I am running my D2000 and HD555 without any AMP is why I found the 16 ohms skull candy ear buds to sound so much heavier in bass than my other gear.

I think I need an amp.

Jan 16, 2010 at 6:09 AM Post #78 of 145
So on a serious note here.

Is Sennheiser really the most famous and best selling audiophile headphone brand in the world?

And how would you guys compare a HD 600 to a Denon D2000?

I decided to upgrade from my HD555 straight to the D2000 cause there was an awesome christmas special on Amazon for only $200 USD and the HD 600 is well $300

Wonders if I would have loved the HD600 more? I totally love the D2000.

Jan 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM Post #79 of 145
The two sets of cans you own will inprove with even a good cmoy or the pocketamp2v2
The bbcmoy on ebay is good for the money and the pa2v2 is about the same price, both would light up the bass on your denon cans, I actually own them but, never warmed up to them. The HD600 sounds quite different, I think it's pretty good for hip hop, but the denon has a pretty decent bass when amped with even the fiioe5 at 20 dollars, it also has a bass boost, nothing special but I can tell you it has more power than any portable player I ever heard. And you will hear an overall tighter sound from the denons 2000, they are not a tough load at all....a better amp is going to improve the sound further of course. The HD600 is a little more picky about amps, and sound like crap out of a portable player unamped to my ears.

Jan 16, 2010 at 8:41 AM Post #80 of 145
Ahh, The Beats. I've tried these a couple of times @ BB when I've happened on units that actually weren't busted up; thought they sounded okay in a brutish, primordial soup kinda way...but nowhere close to a $300 sense of worth. Actually like the styling, though...when they're not broken. Really chintzy build quality, marginal SQ...small wonder so many slam Monster.

The one BB employee I happened to talk to about the Beats ripped on them far worse than any Head-Fi'er has so far in this thread.

Jan 16, 2010 at 1:48 PM Post #82 of 145
So much sound quality test...

Jan 16, 2010 at 4:14 PM Post #83 of 145
Quote:

Originally Posted by the search never ends /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The two sets of cans you own will inprove with even a good cmoy or the pocketamp2v2
The bbcmoy on ebay is good for the money and the pa2v2 is about the same price, both would light up the bass on your denon cans, I actually own them but, never warmed up to them. The HD600 sounds quite different, I think it's pretty good for hip hop, but the denon has a pretty decent bass when amped with even the fiioe5 at 20 dollars, it also has a bass boost, nothing special but I can tell you it has more power than any portable player I ever heard. And you will hear an overall tighter sound from the denons 2000, they are not a tough load at all....a better amp is going to improve the sound further of course. The HD600 is a little more picky about amps, and sound like crap out of a portable player unamped to my ears.

Ow cool thanks for that info

I was thinking of the Fiio E5 would atleast make it sound somewhat better compared to it now with no AMP running from my Asus xonar dx

I really don't want to spend more than $50 US for an AMP else I will have to save up till christmas till i can justify spending anything over $100 US on this hobby. Buying any expensive amp after spending $200 US on this denon will make me not be able to sleep well at nights I don't like to spend money wildly.

Jan 16, 2010 at 5:24 PM Post #84 of 145
Quote:

Originally Posted by Denon2010 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes this is very true.

Also Salt Shaker by Ying Yang Twins.

I think they call that type of music KRUNK. Its a type of Hip Hop.

I admit I sometimes talk out of my @ss but I do believe there are many hip hop songs with digital bass. And Skull Candy do go good with Lil john.

Who knows maybe its cause I am running my D2000 and HD555 without any AMP is why I found the 16 ohms skull candy ear buds to sound so much heavier in bass than my other gear.

I think I need an amp.

but digital bass still doesnt equal bad bass... and its not about how much bass there is, its about the quality of the bass.

Jan 16, 2010 at 5:27 PM Post #85 of 145
Digital bass (as in synthesized) would be much easier to reproduce than any other type of bass because it would be a set wave type

and they are going down the hifi path now, guys, Monster Beats Spin WILL HAVE THE OPTION OF BEING OPEN! The back screws off "so you can hear what's going on in the studio around you".

Jan 16, 2010 at 7:26 PM Post #86 of 145
i finally got around to watching some Lady Gaga videos, curious what the hype was about and never hearing her songs before. i watched 3 videos, Paparazzi, Poker Face, and Bad Romance. ALL 3 videos had monster headphones in them, displayed very obvious. I have to admit, monster has an amazing advertising thing going on and they a bathing in the money. They really figured out how to use product placement and celebrity endorsement. I find it amazing how well those tactics work, even for products as expensive as these. Beats are simply a fashion statement thanks to monster and celebrity endorsements. Sure I find it kinda of sad that they are really just taking advantage of the "sheep" (i hate that term, but it works), but thats business. Its about money, and they arnt doing anything against the rules to get that money.

Jan 16, 2010 at 7:35 PM Post #87 of 145
Quote:

Originally Posted by mildewonrice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i finally got around to watching some Lady Gaga videos, curious what the hype was about and never hearing her songs before. i watched 3 videos, Paparazzi, Poker Face, and Bad Romance. ALL 3 videos had monster headphones in them, displayed very obvious. I have to admit, monster has an amazing advertising thing going on and they a bathing in the money. They really figured out how to use product placement and celebrity endorsement. I find it amazing how well those tactics work, even for products as expensive as these. Beats are simply a fashion statement thanks to monster and celebrity endorsements. Sure I find it kinda of sad that they are really just taking advantage of the "sheep" (i hate that term, but it works), but thats business. Its about money, and they arnt doing anything against the rules to get that money.

Monster is doing (arguably even better) what Bose also did: which is to ADVERTISE... For years I've complained that audiophiles need to stop dissing these companies and instead encourage our favorite brands to follow their lead (in terms of advertising)...

People buy luxury cars, watches, clothes, perfumes, etc.... because they see them advertised (as status symbols)... For some strange reason, most Hi-Fi brands refuse to do the same... and thus let Bose and Monster be associated with luxury performance in the eyes of the masses.... Time to stop hating and start competing...

Jan 16, 2010 at 7:49 PM Post #88 of 145
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajani /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Monster is doing (arguably even better) what Bose also did: which is to ADVERTISE... For years I've complained that audiophiles need to stop dissing these companies and instead encourage our favorite brands to follow their lead (in terms of advertising)...

People buy luxury cars, watches, clothes, perfumes, etc.... because they seem them advertised (as status symbols)... For some strange reason, most Hi-Fi brands refuse to do the same... and thus let Bose and Monster be associated with luxury performance in the eyes of the masses.... Time to stop hating and start competing...

I totally agree, but also do these hi-fi companies NEED the advertising anymore? There isnt enough room for them all with in "mass media", If you present too many options to the public they are just gonna get confused. yet those companies are surviving well, and the Internet is helping that immensely. I kind of like the industry being where it is right now. Companys like Senn and Beyer and Grado and AKG and ect ect have enough marketing and consumers as is, and that they dont need to compete. Competition could lead to lower production quality (lower price, sell better) and ultimately to many companies failing (they just dont have the resources to compete)

Jan 16, 2010 at 8:27 PM Post #89 of 145
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajani /img/forum/go_quote.gif

People buy luxury cars, watches, clothes, perfumes, etc.... because they seem them advertised (as status symbols)... For some strange reason, most Hi-Fi brands refuse to do the same... and thus let Bose and Monster be associated with luxury performance in the eyes of the masses.... Time to stop hating and start competing...

Correct me if i'm wrong but is there not a connection between the money spent on advertising by Bose, Monster etc and the fact that both their products are in general considered to be overpriced?
confused_face(1).gif

Jan 16, 2010 at 8:30 PM Post #90 of 145
Quote:

Originally Posted by mildewonrice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I totally agree, but also do these hi-fi companies NEED the advertising anymore? There isnt enough room for them all with in "mass media", If you present too many options to the public they are just gonna get confused. yet those companies are surviving well, and the Internet is helping that immensely. I kind of like the industry being where it is right now. Companys like Senn and Beyer and Grado and AKG and ect ect have enough marketing and consumers as is, and that they dont need to compete. Competition could lead to lower production quality (lower price, sell better) and ultimately to many companies failing (they just dont have the resources to compete)

A valid observation... I'm sure that most of them are doing fine with their existing customer base...

However, if they are happy with their regular customers and we are happy with Hi-Fi as it is, then there is still no reason to hate on Bose and Monster for doing what none of our brands is "interested" in doing....

If we want the top Hi-Fi brands to be muttered with the same reverence as Mercedes, BMW, Rolex, Versace etc... then they need to advertise... if we don't care whether any non-audiophiles know who the top brands are, then they don't... either way though, there's no reason to hate on Bose or Monster....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back