YES!!! monster Beats Solo ARE AMAZINGG...Not really, they are horrid
Jan 16, 2010 at 8:37 PM Post #91 of 145
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bblitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Correct me if i'm wrong but is there not a connection between the money spent on advertising by Bose, Monster etc and the fact that both their products are in general considered to be overpriced?
confused_face(1).gif

everything in hifi is overpriced... whether the money is spent on advertising or exotic materials (that don't always improve sound quality - but look cool)...

And keep in mind that just about all other products we buy advertise, so why should Hi-Fi be an exception...

Further most Hi_Fi brands advertise.... just not to the mass market, but in audiophile circles... so in the major Hi-Fi mags and on Forums that we visit... Whereas Bose and Monster do most of their ads in the mass market circles...

Jan 16, 2010 at 9:59 PM Post #92 of 145
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajani /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For years I've complained that audiophiles need to stop dissing these companies and instead encourage our favorite brands to follow their lead (in terms of advertising)...

Let's give Skylab a video camera and get some REAL audiophile Youtube videos out there!

Jan 18, 2010 at 7:15 AM Post #93 of 145
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajani /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes his video was lame... He was clearly not an experienced headphone reviewer (unless you are talking about ultra cheapo portables).... But I'm not sure why there is so much hate on this site for Beats... the reviews I've seen from mags/sites that review all the big name cans have been positive..... I've seen some complaints about production quality (or lack thereof) from customers.... but most of the real bashing about sound quality seems to come from this site (and often by members who haven't even tried the beats)...

My attitude is give them a try if you want, and form your own opinions... rather than just jumping on the "bash the popular product" bandwagon....

although this post was on the first page, i feel it worthy of replying to.

The Beats sound pretty good actually. The muddish bass only appears on REALLY heavy bass tracks. Through a cowon s9, the Beats sound pretty dang good actually. But realize, they are $300.00 and The Denon D1001 and Shure 440, both of which are around and less than $100, are better in every way except comfort. The Beats are hella comfy. I could wear them for hours and hours and never get any fatigue. I cant do that with my D1ks and especially not the 440. The Beats are made of cheap plastic, that will snap and fall apart, you are almost guaranteed to experience a horrid malfunction of some type. They claim to be able to handle loud volumes, so why you try to test this, they blow out pretty quick and easy. You ever go to best buy and try the LOUDNESS DEMO on the Beats? You ever notice how so many demo stands of the beats ARE NOT WORKING??!?!?

they are around $250 too expensive. The new sennheiser 4xx lineup are nicer. The Senn 428 is $75 new and sounds better and is a more solid headphone than the Beats. Monster and Dre want to rip you off. The Beats are more about aesthetics than quality...so again you have to ask yourself which do you prefer...

-Look COOL using the Beats in public to inexperienced audiophiles and normal people
-Look like an incredibly large IDIOT to anyone with the ability to use google.
-Lose 100% respect for wearing them in public in front of any audiophile

your choice...
biggrin.gif
Shame on monster. SHAME!!!! You, Too, Bose!!!! STOP RIPPING PEOPLE OFF!!!!! STOP !!!! Whats sad is that I've had my phillips HN110, a very low grade headphone for nearly 6 years now, although the pleather is flaking off, its still working and has been through MASSIVE falls and accidents, i still use it and its STILL COMFY!!! You can get one for about 15$ on ebay. Sad...really sad...

Jan 18, 2010 at 8:33 AM Post #95 of 145
I'd feel so proud, a bunch of adults jumping in the bandwagoon of "lets bash this ipod kid" because his an easy target. First of all learn to respect other people's purchasing decisions and not make fun of it but that is the hardest part.

So we know he is not the smartest kid in the block when reviewing headphones but we have all had this passing stage where you get into a hobby and start gradually experiencing with better gear, i'm sure none of you bought a pair of HD650, Denon 5ks, AKGs 1000s, Beyer T1s as your first pair with a good amp, high dollar cables...

No need to put down a hard working kid, if you think you are better put up your own youtube video.

Jan 18, 2010 at 8:49 AM Post #96 of 145
Quote:

Originally Posted by greenstuffs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd feel so proud, a bunch of adults jumping in the bandwagoon of "lets bash this ipod kid" because his an easy target. First of all learn to respect other people's purchasing decisions and not make fun of it but that is the hardest part.

So we know he is not the smartest kid in the block when reviewing headphones but we have all had this passing stage where you get into a hobby and start gradually experiencing with better gear, i'm sure none of you bought a pair of HD650, Denon 5ks, AKGs 1000s, Beyer T1s as your first pair with a good amp, high dollar cables...

No need to put down a hard working kid, if you think you are better put up your own youtube video.

He does not purchase these items, he is given them to review. Therefore I feel we should inform the youtube viewers that he is not unbiased, and is a crappy reviewer that doesn't know crap about headphones.

Jan 18, 2010 at 9:28 AM Post #98 of 145
Quote:

Originally Posted by greenstuffs /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If I had a camera that shot decent video. It's hard to believe there are no GOOD reviews of major headphones we all know and love...real audiophiles reviewing them...shame...

Jan 19, 2010 at 5:44 AM Post #100 of 145
ipodkid isnt to blame. It's just a beef i have with monster for lying to me over the phone about their products. The agent I spoke to when I bought my Beats right when they first came out a few years ago said they were awesome...AMAZING...BETTER THAN SENNHEISER...from his personal experience which was years of being an audiophile and using many brands...the BEATS and Turbines WERE THE BEST for this PRICE!!!!

I NORITEEE???!!?!? ARENT THEY!!!! >.< 480$ + shipping and tax later....here i am wishing I had my money back

Jan 19, 2010 at 6:24 AM Post #101 of 145
You have beef with a monster salesman for doing his job and telling you exactly what you wanted to hear? Lol don't blame him for your mistake bro, chalk it up to the game and get over the bitterness. But hey, at least you learned a valuable lesson right?

Jan 19, 2010 at 8:50 AM Post #103 of 145
the dumb idiot...

SOLOs are never used in music videos... STUDIOs are the one used

but don't mock Monster headphones, they're the same people that made the turbines

Jan 19, 2010 at 10:43 AM Post #105 of 145
Quote:

Originally Posted by z50j /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the dumb idiot...

SOLOs are never used in music videos... STUDIOs are the one used

but don't mock Monster headphones, they're the same people that made the turbines

Why not?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back