YES!!! monster Beats Solo ARE AMAZINGG...Not really, they are horrid
Feb 4, 2010 at 3:34 AM Post #121 of 145
I just heard my buddies porta pro's and man......Solo's are going back tomorrow...lol. Any earpad headphones that you people can suggest that can fold and has good bottom,mids and top? I know the porta pro is one but, any other? Thanks.

May 7, 2010 at 10:01 PM Post #123 of 145
It's been awhile since I have been on head-fi I bought these headphones since my k81dj's were attacked by my dog haha for a portable phone for use straight out of the iphone I think they sound decent but I do have to set my eq to treble booster to even out frequency response.  Very comfortable on my ears and the cable is great because I can plug the cable into my Bern snowboard helmet with built in headphones and still have full function of my iphone (the bern helmets have fantastic headphones built in if your looking for one not those crappy skullcandy headphones that are in burton red helmets).  They way to overpriced

May 8, 2010 at 12:35 AM Post #125 of 145
That review was bleh, this is brilliance!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEaLz1pnVHY

I'll spare you a few minutes of your life - skip ahead to 5:00 (if you are really looking to save some time, skip to 6:00)

Enjoy :)

May 8, 2010 at 12:44 AM Post #126 of 145
     Quote:

I'll spare you a few minutes of your life - skip ahead to 5:00 (if you are really looking to save some time, skip to 6:00)

Wonder how he'd react to good headphones 
L3000.gif

May 8, 2010 at 1:34 AM Post #127 of 145
I tried them, and found them to be bad.  I don't bash for the sake of bashing.  They are similar to bose, all about marketing, and not about sq.

Quote:
Yes his video was lame... He was clearly not an experienced headphone reviewer (unless you are talking about ultra cheapo portables).... But I'm not sure why there is so much hate on this site for Beats... the reviews I've seen from mags/sites that review all the big name cans have been positive..... I've seen some complaints about production quality (or lack thereof) from customers.... but most of the real bashing about sound quality seems to come from this site (and often by members who haven't even tried the beats)...

My attitude is give them a try if you want, and form your own opinions... rather than just jumping on the "bash the popular product" bandwagon....

May 8, 2010 at 2:15 PM Post #128 of 145

Quote:

6.00 What can I say? WWWOOOWWW!!!

If SkyLab ever makes a review with a lot of WOW in it like that video I will go buy it no matter what the price tag is

May 8, 2010 at 4:14 PM Post #130 of 145
If I hadn't discovered Head-Fi, I may well have bought these... ;о)

Listened to them recently, and I don't think they're as bad as described here... When compared to the iPod minis, they are great. Notwithstanding, I Shure do prefer my SRH-840's better.

May 8, 2010 at 4:19 PM Post #131 of 145
You guys are making fun of him... but he truly has a smile on his face. Thats what its about. Shame on you guys.

May 8, 2010 at 4:20 PM Post #132 of 145
same here
nearly bought them, then found this site

my sennheiser hd25-1 ii's are better in every single way in my opinion, (except possibly the box- the reviewer seemed to find this important) :p 

May 8, 2010 at 4:32 PM Post #133 of 145

Quote:
You guys are making fun of him... but he truly has a smile on his face. Thats what its about. Shame on you guys.

I actually smile myself seeing someone enjoy a pair of headphones that much

But whether or not we are making fun of him, I wouldn't feel guilty. He is advertising for his website (where you upload your beats for him to sell), and according to a few unhappy customers of his, he hasn't paid them the several thousand he has owed for the past few years.

May 8, 2010 at 6:40 PM Post #134 of 145
Geez - I was hoping that the 'new' Head-Fi would have a filter to block these wasted threads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back