YES!!! monster Beats Solo ARE AMAZINGG...Not really, they are horrid
Jan 14, 2010 at 2:53 AM Post #3 of 145
Let me tell you my little story with these toys.
Bought a pair out of curiosity. 1st pair: amazingly solid general construction at first, sounds listenable, however cable hole in earcup cracked real quick, exchange; 2nd pair, elbows are loose, sounds louder at the right, exchange; 3rd pair, FUBAR construction, won't even unfold. Return. End of story.
Monster is about to release "diddyBeats", Solo "HD" and Beats Spin... : prepares FAIL boat:

Jan 14, 2010 at 2:56 AM Post #6 of 145
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3602 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Let me tell you my little story with these toys.
Bought a pair out of curiosity. 1st pair: amazingly solid general construction at first, sounds listenable, however cable hole in earcup cracked real quick, exchange; 2nd pair, elbows are loose, sounds louder at the right, exchange; 3rd pair, FUBAR construction, won't even unfold. Return. End of story.
Monster is about to release "diddyBeats", Solo "HD" and Beats Spin... : prepares FAIL boat:

you bought a pair?? did they have enough bass for you??

sounds like good quality control.

Jan 14, 2010 at 3:00 AM Post #8 of 145
Monster... One of the top headphone producers in the industry...

Okay.

Jan 14, 2010 at 3:10 AM Post #9 of 145
I thought they were decent, but I certainly wouldn't pay over $100 for them. I am alot more satisfied with my SR80s.

Granted I was in New York City; I went to J&R and Best Buy and both display models in both stores were broken beyond belief. I always thought they were poorly designed and always looked easily breakable.

I like the sound test... Its like when they try to sell you an HD tv while you're watching the commercial on an SD tv. I wonder if he knows why one is "louder" than the other?

Jan 14, 2010 at 3:17 AM Post #10 of 145
Impressions.... now that's a joke.
The "listenable" pair, I mean barely. Muddy, mushy, inflated impactless bass. Mids are brought out by the bass, highs come in and out. Sounds like large peaks/valleys in the upper end. Maybe that's not how Solo is supposed to sound, due to the higher-than-Sennheiser-standard quality control, but hey, what do I know.
Overall worth: $30 USD.

Jan 14, 2010 at 4:24 AM Post #12 of 145
I laughed so hard when i saw this video, i found it worthy of posting it here and making fun of monster and Dr. Dre. Here is a guy who cant rap in the first place, really doesn't write his own material and might now and then actually HELP mix a song...he can't sing or dance or play any instruments. I am not sure why people like these headphones. Sure they look snazzy, but jeez if you just google for a few minutes you will come to find they are just pieces of junk, and we all usually frown upon those who enjoy the sound from it and actually wear them in public...

Why on earth would they choose him to promote monster headphones :p Good job, monster and Dr. Dre. *high five

Jan 14, 2010 at 4:26 AM Post #13 of 145
Looks like some head-fi'ers are sticking it to this ipod kid.
popcorn.gif

Jan 14, 2010 at 4:34 AM Post #15 of 145
Yes his video was lame... He was clearly not an experienced headphone reviewer (unless you are talking about ultra cheapo portables).... But I'm not sure why there is so much hate on this site for Beats... the reviews I've seen from mags/sites that review all the big name cans have been positive..... I've seen some complaints about production quality (or lack thereof) from customers.... but most of the real bashing about sound quality seems to come from this site (and often by members who haven't even tried the beats)...

My attitude is give them a try if you want, and form your own opinions... rather than just jumping on the "bash the popular product" bandwagon....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back