YES!!! monster Beats Solo ARE AMAZINGG...Not really, they are horrid
May 8, 2010 at 8:36 PM Post #136 of 145
The funny thing is that after watching that video I was a "wow" away from being impressed with the Beats by Dre... even though I had already tried a pair at bestbuy and thought them to be mediocre at best.

May 25, 2010 at 9:52 PM Post #137 of 145
With my life he says.......
L3000.gif

May 25, 2010 at 10:38 PM Post #138 of 145
Ok, well I have the studios, and they are...OK.

The pricing: $250-$300... Not so much worth it, $150... Getting there, and If they were $100 then yes they would be worth it. I have not tried the solos, but I owned the tours, and have the studios. I personally like the tours best, those are the best value. For a person who is a beginner audiophile (I am not too experienced but I am past beginner) the tours would be great especially since on eBay they go for ~$60. The dude in the video did NOT know what he was talking about though. The beats do have good bass (sometimes a little staticy on the over ear headphones) but the in ear tours are crystal clear (at least the bass).

I wouldnt recommend these for an advanced? or intermediate? Audiophile, I dont know rankings so sorry. But for beginner the ones I would recommend are the tours compared to all the others. I would have to say the mids/highs become a little drowned out by the bass (lows). They are there though, but as said before they are a little muddy.

Just before anyone wants to purchase these consider that they will most likely be not as durable as you would want them to unless you are using them at home then you should hopefully be fine. And dont spend $350, or even $250 on these. Get a pair of used BUT still under warranty ones otherwise it isnt worth the money. I Have never used the solos before though, and this advice is ONLY for the tours, and studios. Likewise for everyone to each his own opinion, I might get flamed for saying this but seriously some people make beats seem like they are the worst headphone in the world.... They might not be pro audiophile quality, but if you like bass that is really clear then try these out for yourself. Otherwise, settle for a pair of se530's, or HD650's It is all up to you to decide.
k701smile.gif

May 25, 2010 at 10:54 PM Post #139 of 145
I have the Beats Studio's and I don't understand the hate these headphones get. Yes, they're overprice but they sound good. Especially to the crowd these headphones are aimed towards. They don't listen to complex music to really throw these headphones off. The Beats Studio's would have been worthy headphone if the treble wasn't hyped out of proportion and the instrument separation was better.

May 26, 2010 at 6:59 PM Post #141 of 145
"they're overprice[d]"

Quote:
That's why they get hated. And because of the general forum's belief that reference quality means bass-light, with some exceptions.

I agree, they are overpriced, and that, yes there are many who believe a bass light phone is better than a bass heavy one. While not always true, I think that 'studio' labeling entails something to that effect, not necessarily bass light, but definitely not bass heavy as the beats are... In general when I bash a product, I am more or less bashing the consumer who is impressed with something he has no experience with, and bashing the marketing and hype that accompany the consumer in the store, and yes, I dislike the sound of the beats on display at B-Buy, as I have heard better, and can make most headphones sound similar with some simple EQing.

May 26, 2010 at 7:57 PM Post #142 of 145
You could just buy Ultrasones, Denons, Beyer DT770s or even M50s and still get better bang for buck with good bass.

May 26, 2010 at 8:28 PM Post #143 of 145

Quote:
I agree, they are overpriced, and that, yes there are many who believe a bass light phone is better than a bass heavy one. While not always true, I think that 'studio' labeling entails something to that effect, not necessarily bass light, but definitely not bass heavy as the beats are... In general when I bash a product, I am more or less bashing the consumer who is impressed with something he has no experience with, and bashing the marketing and hype that accompany the consumer in the store, and yes, I dislike the sound of the beats on display at B-Buy, as I have heard better, and can make most headphones sound similar with some simple EQing.

Well, getting or even that matter listening to headphones in a store like best buy is totally different from owning them. They do fall apart easily, and the ones at bestbuy, are most likely worn out/and broken. But listening to them with an EQ truly makes a huge difference. The only good EQ I could get with mine were by creating a custom EQ on iTunes. But as said before, this forum does require I guess the highest standard of music? To the average person, WHO does listen to lets say... Apple earbuds, these sound amazing to them. I was fooled, that is why I got them, but now that I have them listening to se310's, I would prefer 310's for the money.

May 26, 2010 at 8:45 PM Post #144 of 145

Quote:
That's why they get hated. And because of the general forum's belief that reference quality means bass-light, with some exceptions.

Yea seriously. I mean some people call the D7000 flabby. Its not flabby, they just never heard bass before. The bass moves and changes to the music unlike the Dres however. Dres can be considered flabby because the detail is not there in the bass. Its hard to distinguish different notes and in the end is sound like a pile of bleh. But for what its worth modern popular music aren't that complex in the bass anyways. Just alot of boom. So for the purpose of modern music the Beats do just fine. But anything else it sounds like a bucket of crap.

May 26, 2010 at 8:51 PM Post #145 of 145

Quote:
Well, getting or even that matter listening to headphones in a store like best buy is totally different from owning them. They do fall apart easily, and the ones at bestbuy, are most likely worn out/and broken. But listening to them with an EQ truly makes a huge difference. The only good EQ I could get with mine were by creating a custom EQ on iTunes. But as said before, this forum does require I guess the highest standard of music? To the average person, WHO does listen to lets say... Apple earbuds, these sound amazing to them. I was fooled, that is why I got them, but now that I have them listening to se310's, I would prefer 310's for the money.

Sound wise, I think a display (plain, no ads, you provide the source, also known as 'the plastic stands at B-Buy) is fine if you are only comparing sound quality... I have a Cowon s9, which has the best equalizer I have yet heard, and half of my music collection is .flac (highest standard of music) as for the average person, to me, my peers all go to the same school as I do, If they have a phone I have not heard, I listen, and offer to share my own... hopefully helping them realize what sound quality is, and be able to have a basis of comparison when they do listen to store displays. Showed my sister the same thing... she is now unimpressed by the Beats, a bit more critical if you will, and a more informed consumer. Good luck with the se310's, balanced armatures are very particular, great for quick instruments though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back