YES!!! monster Beats Solo ARE AMAZINGG...Not really, they are horrid
Jan 15, 2010 at 11:39 PM Post #61 of 145
Quote:

Originally Posted by Denon2010 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Precisely what I meant.

These headphones for celebrity stuff its actually damn good.

Offcourse I won't buy them over my denon D2000 but nevertheless there are far worst stuff than this like a bose etc

Also Dr. Dre is one of the best producers of all time. He once made someone sing a song over 100 times to get it right.

I think part of the problem is that even though the Denons and Beats cost the same, with the Beats you are also paying for noise cancelling and a few other ipod/iphone (mic) related features that jack up cost but add nothing to sound quality...

The one I'd like to compare to the Denon 2000 and my AKG K701 are the upcoming Beats Spin - $350 with better build and no noise cancelling.... I think I'll have to do so eventually....

Jan 16, 2010 at 1:08 AM Post #63 of 145
What I don't understand is why you people mock the products Monster makes. Just because you don't like them doesn't mean they're inferior. Why don't you just enjoy what you have and let people buy their Monster, Bose, Skullcandies, etc? It's ignorant to dismiss a product by comparing it to the brands you all listen to, and it's completely based on biased opinions. I am currently using HD595s and IE8's, and just because I like them, it doesn't take away from the quality products made from any other brand out there. And if you write a review about it, the review won't be taken seriously unless you're completely unbiased. The reason I love head-fi is for sharing unbiased reviews on products, and I think it's threads like these that really takes away from this.

Jan 16, 2010 at 1:52 AM Post #64 of 145
Quote:

Precisely what I meant.
Also Dr. Dre is one of the best producers of all time. He once made someone sing a song over 100 times to get it right.

Is that the criteria for being "one of the best producers of all time" ?

Jan 16, 2010 at 2:03 AM Post #65 of 145
Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisssssssss2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What I don't understand is why you people mock the products Monster makes. Just because you don't like them doesn't mean they're inferior.

Build quality and poor pricing structure beg to differ.

Quote:

Why don't you just enjoy what you have and let people buy their Monster, Bose, Skullcandies, etc?

We try to inform them of other options. If they still like them after they've tried many others then it's probably the one for them. Usually though they take a hike once someone listens to something cheaper that's generally better quality all around.

Quote:

It's ignorant to dismiss a product by comparing it to the brands you all listen to

It's arrogant to assume we're dismissing them just by comparing but not actually listening to them. They're bloated and overpriced. Honestly at least SC can be had cheap in comparison.

Quote:

and it's completely based on biased opinions.

Every opinion ever is biased.

Quote:

I am currently using HD595s and IE8's, and just because I like them, it doesn't take away from the quality products made from any other brand out there.

The problem with that is "quality". Maybe you haven't seen the build quality of these, it's really a joke. The motor structure is also rather poor among other things.

Quote:

And if you write a review about it, the review won't be taken seriously unless you're completely unbiased.

Once again there's no such thing.

Quote:

The reason I love head-fi is for sharing unbiased reviews on products, and I think it's threads like these that really takes away from this.

See above.

Jan 16, 2010 at 2:06 AM Post #66 of 145
my biggest problem with the Beats (big version) is that they aren't even comfortable...

Jan 16, 2010 at 2:11 AM Post #67 of 145
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajani /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think part of the problem is that even though the Denons and Beats cost the same, with the Beats you are also paying for noise cancelling and a few other ipod/iphone (mic) related features that jack up cost but add nothing to sound quality...

The one I'd like to compare to the Denon 2000 and my AKG K701 are the upcoming Beats Spin - $350 with better build and no noise cancelling.... I think I'll have to do so eventually....

Yes you make a very valid point here. To come to think of it these beats are pretty good value for money seeing that it comes with noise canceling.

I completely forgot it has noise canceling.

I think you will love the D2000 I listen to Tiesto - beautiful and a couple songs by Vanessa Paradis - Marilyn and John and Joe Le Taxi

Those songs brings out these headphones quality soo much

Jan 16, 2010 at 3:04 AM Post #68 of 145
Quote:

Originally Posted by mildewonrice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Then you clearly havnt heard good hip-hop, and also, just cause its electronic doenst mean it wont sound good. Hip-hop is a fully respected genre, appreciated by many audiophiles, and with good headphones it can sound just as amazing and complex as classical/jazz/rock/ect ect

I never appreciated the complexity of hip hop until I got into audiophile equipment, I think it's because they rely so heavily on complex bass which is just messy on typical equipment and makes them sound like posturing gorillas. Strange to say, but I no longer hate musicians anymore
tongue.gif
I even find Britney Spears rather tolerable even if she is kooky.

Jan 16, 2010 at 3:11 AM Post #70 of 145
There's a difference when you say "OMG THESE ARE BAD" and when you say "although the sound quality is horrid, it has features like noise cancelling that can be useful for anyone living in noisy areas." That is an unbiased statement because you're focusing ONLY on that product. A biased statement is when you compare your own "superior" products to one you consider "inferior." Just like what people are doing here, saying "my denons, sennheisers, etc are better."

And I've listened to them before. I agree that they're not really that great, but if someone writes a review that praises the damn thing, then you don't go and make a thread against it just because you hate it.

Jan 16, 2010 at 4:25 AM Post #73 of 145
Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisssssssss2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There's a difference when you say "OMG THESE ARE BAD" and when you say "although the sound quality is horrid, it has features like noise cancelling that can be useful for anyone living in noisy areas." That is an unbiased statement because you're focusing ONLY on that product. A biased statement is when you compare your own "superior" products to one you consider "inferior." Just like what people are doing here, saying "my denons, sennheisers, etc are better."

The Solo doesn't even feature noise canceling, so it's really irrelevant. It's $200 for a sealed can and an ipod control.

Let's say we were talking about the Beats though, because I have various gripes with them too. We could actually note that the noise canceling is rather ineffective compared to other implementations, and in fact is more in line with the isolation one would get from a few sealed headphones anyway (and in some cases worse). The next question would be, in what noisy environment would you use them that also plays well with an amp to properly power them? Furthermore, doesn't it make them very cumbersome for out of the house use (which is presumably where noise canceling would need to be used)?

In terms of build quality, features, and in general design of the drivers they make a pretty poor showing. Attach the obviously inflated cost on to them thanks to Dre branding and it becomes detrimental.

Another big problem is many people that buy these don't try anything else comparable. So when people talk about how great these are they seem to have little to compare them against. How is one to know or say the sound quality is horrid if there's nothing as a reference?

Honestly, you sound like a reviewer from an audio magazine that can't say anything negative about a product because someone may like it on its own merits. There's problems that need to be addressed, and they aren't. This is both a large problem with the headphones AND the review, because it doesn't address the problems with said headphones (not to mention the testing method is a joke).

Quote:

And I've listened to them before. I agree that they're not really that great, but if someone writes a review that praises the damn thing, then you don't go and make a thread against it just because you hate it.

You act is as if they aren't disliked for a reason. That "hate" is based on what many would consider valid criticism.

Jan 16, 2010 at 5:05 AM Post #74 of 145
Quote:

Actually from what I read on review sites etc. These are good sounding cans, it has bass born for music such as RAP and Hip Hop etc.

Seriously these beats are not audiophile this is for sure. But they do Hip Hop music well.
You know how skull Candy also does Hip Hop well, you see, Hip Hop isn't like classical and these other types of music. Hip Hop is a totally different type of music by itself.

It is about bloated and muddy bass. Where I live in Trinidad we have an instrument they play called the "Steel Pan" Its really a steel drum, some may like it and others may not.

I have heard some called rock music noise and others call it real music. Same thing with some say Rap is crap and then others like Eminem make fun of Elvis and Michael Jackson.

Personally speaking my number one musician of all time is Michael Jackson and well Sting.
And for that my denons D2000 does me well. If I had not known about audiophile I may have taught beats was the best but I am happy I know better. But again the D2000 cannot do hip Hop I know this for a fact. I own them and also skull candy and the likes. Even HD 555 does Hip Hop much better than the D2000. But generally speaking the more muddy and bloated the bass of a headphone the better it is for Hip Hop.

Hip Hop dosen't have real bass you know. think they use an electronic device or something to input the bass like Lil John and those other hard core songs that they use in car audio competition.

beats does what it was made for quite well but it is definitely over priced. You are better off buying skull candy for less than half the price if you want hip hop gear.

That's a pretty broad brush you're painting that picture with......Many hip hop songs have real bass...the fact that you want it bloated and sloppy does not mean it can't be rythmic. Your opinion is obviously what you believe to be true. I listen to pretty much every genre of music.......and I think you haven't a clue what you're talking about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back