Yay!!!! Just ordered a MDR-XB1000 from Japan for $349 delivered.
Feb 20, 2011 at 2:55 AM Post #76 of 106
Translated http://seranipoji2000.wordpress.com/2011/02/10/%E6%A5%AD%E7%95%8C%E6%9C%80%E5%A4%A7%E3%81%A0%E3%82%88-mdr-xb1000/ for fun==
No much useful info though..

前と変わらず半開放型で、音漏れはXB700並です。ディテールが値段なりによくなっています。
Semi-open type as past model, isolation is about same level as the xb700. Details are improved on par with the price.

とりあえず、XB1000で少し聴いてみたのですが、ファーストインプレッションとして、XB700よりも「お上品」になったカンジ。
Anyway, the first impression after taken a short listening was like, stepping up from xb700.

音域、音場が広がった、というのが分かるんですが、なんか優等生みたいになっちゃって(実質的では無く、見た目、上っ面が、という意)つまらないカンジもあります。
Soundfield, soundstage are widen. However, it feels like these cans have became 'good student's (doesn't mean the fact, just talking about the appearance and impressions), a little bored.

今現在、中域が篭った、埋もれたカンジに聴こえる点と、XB700よりも音圧が感じられないような気もしますが、まだ買ったばかりなので、こなれていくうちに、これから変化していくでしょう。
For now,  the mids are somehow recessed and comparing these with xb700s, sound pressure is perceived lesser. As these are still brand new, things are supposed to change as time goes on.

外で重低音を感じたいというならば、XB700で十分です。
Xb700s is sufficient if one wants to feel heavy bass at outdoor.

これで、値段が15000円程度だったら、全力で褒めちぎりますが、20000円だと、ちょっと微妙な、それなり、そこそこ、普通といった感じ。お買い得感が無いです。まぁ、無茶苦茶損した感じもしませんが。
By this point, if these cost about 15000yen, would be strongly recommended though, for 20000yen, its little hard to say. About normal for the price. Neither feel like big bang for bucks nor overpriced.

しかし、定価で買っていたら、GK乙、とか言って外に投げ捨てますねw <-- this sounds more like a joke with a 'neta' that's hard to translate==

そんな感じでしょうか。XB1000は。
これから値段がどんどんと下がっていくと思われます。下がったらオススメのヘッドフォンですね。今は買うべきじゃないですw
The price is expected to get lowered down in future, will recommend these if so. Not recommend to buy now XD

Quote:
I don't know but it does look great and possibly could contribute to bigger soundstage from the bigger airchamber created between the pads and the ear and possibly slightly more bass from the better seal. Would be interesting to hear the difference it does. Notice however it's the DJ1 Pro (similar to Pro 550) and Pro model has less bass than DJ1-non Pro (same driver as your HFI-580). Unfortunately DJ1 Pro looks to be using bigger cups tho that seems to fit those pads perfectly... Maybe XB500 pads would fit DJ1 non-pro/HFI-580. :p

EDIT: Here's another one, didn't understand much of it when translating this one either http://seranipoji2000.wordpress.com/2011/02/10/%E6%A5%AD%E7%95%8C%E6%9C%80%E5%A4%A7%E3%81%A0%E3%82%88-mdr-xb1000/

And another one http://moeaudio.blog29.fc2.com/blog-entry-1086.html

Man I wish I knew japanese, could have gotten quite good picture of it already.

Feb 20, 2011 at 3:14 AM Post #77 of 106

Quote:
Translated http://seranipoji2000.wordpress.com/2011/02/10/%E6%A5%AD%E7%95%8C%E6%9C%80%E5%A4%A7%E3%81%A0%E3%82%88-mdr-xb1000/ for fun==
No much useful info though..

前と変わらず半開放型で、音漏れはXB700並です。ディテールが値段なりによくなっています。
Semi-open type as past model, isolation is about same level as the xb700. Details are improved on par with the price.

とりあえず、XB1000で少し聴いてみたのですが、ファーストインプレッションとして、XB700よりも「お上品」になったカンジ。
Anyway, the first impression after taken a short listening is like, a feeling of stepping up from xb700.

音域、音場が広がった、というのが分かるんですが、なんか優等生みたいになっちゃって(実質的では無く、見た目、上っ面が、という意)つまらないカンジもあります。
Soundfield, soundstage are widen. However, it feels like these cans have became 'good student's (doesn't mean the fact, just talking about the appearance and impressions), a little bored.

今現在、中域が篭った、埋もれたカンジに聴こえる点と、XB700よりも音圧が感じられないような気もしますが、まだ買ったばかりなので、こなれていくうちに、これから変化していくでしょう。
For now,  the mids are recessed and sound pressure is perceived lesser than the xb700s though, things may change from now on since these are still brand new.

外で重低音を感じたいというならば、XB700で十分です。
Xb700s is sufficient if one wants to feel heavy bass at outdoor.

これで、値段が15000円程度だったら、全力で褒めちぎりますが、20000円だと、ちょっと微妙な、それなり、そこそこ、普通といった感じ。お買い得感が無いです。まぁ、無茶苦茶損した感じもしませんが。
By this point, if these cost about 15000yen, would be strongly recommended though, for 20000yen, its little hard to say. About normal for the price. Neither feel like big bang for bucks nor overpriced.

しかし、定価で買っていたら、GK乙、とか言って外に投げ捨てますねw <-- this sounds more like a joke with a 'neta' that's hard to translate==

そんな感じでしょうか。XB1000は。
これから値段がどんどんと下がっていくと思われます。下がったらオススメのヘッドフォンですね。今は買うべきじゃないですw
The price is expected to get lowered down in future, will recommend these if so. Not recommend to buy now XD

Contrary to what many have said about their listening of the XB1000, I agree w/ these impressions and translation completely.

As I stated earlier:

1-More refined, quality, neutral bass.

2-Less boomy, woofer type bass than the XB700

3- Recessed mids worse than the 700.

4-Overpriced.  I would probably search for a better deal on the Monster Studio Pros than get these myself as I think they sound better on the whole though the XB1000 has much better quality bass.

Its a confusing headphone IMO.  It does not maintain the same sonic character of the XB lineup yet the quality of it's refined bass is not matched by the mids or highs.  This headphone makes no sense to me.  YMMV.

Feb 20, 2011 at 3:41 AM Post #79 of 106
For your 3rd point, sorry that maybe my bad english confused you, the mids and sound pressure are two points that the poster did compare sound pressure between the two but not for mids..

I think I should mend my post==

Quote:
Contrary to what many have said about their listening of the XB1000, I agree w/ these impressions and translation completely.

As I stated earlier:

1-More refined, quality, neutral bass.

2-Less boomy, woofer type bass than the XB700

3- Recessed mids worse than the 700.

4-Overpriced.  I would probably search for a better deal on the Monster Studio Pros than get these myself as I think they sound better on the whole though the XB1000 has much better quality bass.

Its a confusing headphone IMO.  It does not maintain the same sonic character of the XB lineup yet the quality of it's refined bass is not matched by the mids or highs.  This headphone makes no sense to me.  YMMV.

Feb 20, 2011 at 3:46 AM Post #80 of 106

Quote:
For your 3rd point, sorry that maybe my bad english confused you, the mids and sound pressure are two points that the poster did compare sound pressure between the two but not for mids..

I think I should mend my post==

Where did you get recessed mids from then?  Regardless, the mids were recessed from my listening.  Not sure how SPL comes into the mid comparison.

Feb 20, 2011 at 3:52 AM Post #81 of 106
The poster did state mids are recessed but didn't state whether its worse than xb700

Quote:
Where did you get recessed mids from then?  Regardless, the mids were recessed from my listening.  Not sure how SPL comes into the mid comparison.

Feb 20, 2011 at 3:57 AM Post #82 of 106

Quote:
The poster did state mids are recessed but didn't state whether its worse than xb700

Gotcha.  They are worse IMO simply because the XB700 mids aren't recessed for the most part.  
wink.gif

Feb 20, 2011 at 10:58 AM Post #85 of 106
We're going to end up with a headphone that can only reproduce bass notes below 100hz

Feb 20, 2011 at 11:34 AM Post #86 of 106
Well, mine shipped.  I don't have the XB700 to compare it to.  What do you guys want me to compare it to?  See my sig.  OR, should I get the XB700 too?

Feb 20, 2011 at 1:46 PM Post #87 of 106

Quote:
mids are a little bit recessed if used with a weak source. my e7/e9 combo solves the problem

I listened from my 602 -->Arrow 12HE.  Wouldn't call that weak.  
biggrin.gif

Feb 20, 2011 at 2:00 PM Post #88 of 106

Quote:
Well, mine shipped.  I don't have the XB700 to compare it to.  What do you guys want me to compare it to?  See my sig.  OR, should I get the XB700 too?

The D700, the audiophile basshead's can, of course. It will be more than a little unfair, but useful for a reference point. If you could get the XB700s, that would be the best path. I am sure you could always sell them if you didn't want them.

Feb 20, 2011 at 6:34 PM Post #89 of 106
Or XB500 if possible. I'm sure RPG and I would jump ship to the XB1000 if they can produce the bass somewhat similar to the 500 :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back