Yanyin Discussion thread
Jul 6, 2023 at 7:09 AM Post #2,341 of 2,418
Canon 2 has arrived. So far I'm listening in 00 mode. I'll write something intelligible later. I liked the headphones. The difference from the OG Canon is the shape of the case - the shells of the Canon 2 are completely redesigned. This is no longer an anatomical body shape, but a universal one. According to first impressions, the low frequencies are reduced in comparison with Canon by weight, but they have become a little more detailed and technical, the lower frequencies have more speed. The midrange frequencies are somewhat reminiscent of Moonlight, detailed and untested. Canon 2 headphones are clearly not for people sensitive to high frequencies. In comparison with the first Canon, Canon2 feels a rise in mid-high frequencies. Only time will tell how the headphones will sound next. I listened to various metal on the QLS 361 .

Jul 9, 2023 at 12:21 AM Post #2,342 of 2,418
Hi folks

Its been about 2 weeks plus living with canon 2, so i suppose i have about 50hrs running it, the drivers should have more or less settled in.

Sad to say; i dont like it over the OG.

I am using OG at 000. Tried all combi of canon 2, 00, 01, 11, 10....the bass....it is shy compared to OG. Less rumble and slam, or as Alex said, less weight. I use it on the move, while on bus, canon 2 i cannot hear the bass between the rumble of the bus. OG i can hear it apart from the bus rumble. C2 Its more like companion to the music itself. Doesnt stands out. OG bass stands out

Vocal is forward now. Not to point of shouty, it is fine but not my taste. My main is instruments then vocal.

Highs are good, it is toned down slightly since box opening. It doesnt lack the low treble i find missing in alot of iems, even more expensive types. But without a good bass to go with it, it sounds funny. It sounds bright. But doesnt bleed my ears, the only iem that bleeds my ear is 7hz OG Timeless

It might be ok for some but i just dont like it. Sad, why Yanyin wants to touch the tuning? Just do away with the driver flex vaccum issue....sighs

Sorry i am not audiophile, so this is the best that i can describe. Both iems are played using both my DAPs M11+ess and M6v21 on non EQ flac

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2023 at 6:47 AM Post #2,345 of 2,418
Hi folks

Its been about 2 weeks plus living with canon 2, so i suppose i have about 50hrs running it, the drivers should have more or less settled in.

I am using OG at 000. Tried all combi of canon 2, 00, 01, 11, 10....the bass....it is shy compared to OG. Less rumble and slam, or as Alex said, less weight. I use it on the move, while on bus, canon 2 i cannot hear the bass between the rumble of the bus. OG i can hear it apart from the bus rumble. C2 Its more like companion to the music itself. Doesnt stands out. OG bass stands out

Vocal is forward now. Not to point of shouty, it is fine but not my taste. My main is instruments then vocal.

Highs are good, it is toned down slightly since box opening. It doesnt lack the low treble i find missing in alot of iems, even more expensive types. But without a good bass to go with it, it sounds funny. It sounds bright. But doesnt bleed my ears, the only iem that bleeds my ear is 7hz OG Timeless

It might be ok for some but i just dont like it. Sad, why Yanyin wants to touch the tuning? Just do away with the driver flex vaccum issue....sighs

Sorry i am not audiophile, so this is the best that i can describe. Both iems are played using both my DAPs M11+ess and M6v21 on non EQ flac
If you still have your Timeless,give them a chance with a NiceHCK Superblue cable

Jul 9, 2023 at 8:10 AM Post #2,346 of 2,418
Hi folks

But after 50 hours of listening to music, the low frequencies have changed somehow - have they become more, or less, relative to the first Canon ? I'm not a basshead by myself, but I like low frequencies. And I really hope that everything will be fine with Canon 2 in the future. Although there are more low frequencies in OG Canon, but I am completely satisfied with the bass in Canon 2. The addition of low frequencies still depends on the recording itself. I understand that you are going to sell Canon 2? I haven't listened to my headphones for 50+ hours yet, but I really like what is available at the moment. The main thing is that there are enough high frequencies. :)

Jul 9, 2023 at 8:22 AM Post #2,348 of 2,418
But after 50 hours of listening to music, the low frequencies have changed somehow - have they become more, or less, relative to the first Canon ? I'm not a basshead by myself, but I like low frequencies. And I really hope that everything will be fine with Canon 2 in the future. Although there are more low frequencies in OG Canon, but I am completely satisfied with the bass in Canon 2. The addition of low frequencies still depends on the recording itself. I understand that you are going to sell Canon 2? I haven't listened to my headphones for 50+ hours yet, but I really like what is available at the moment. The main thing is that there are enough high frequencies. :)
Not selling yet, i will use it with my PC. Outdoor i will go back to OG

Not that C2 doesnt have bass but it just doesnt have the muscle as OG 🤣

Jul 10, 2023 at 9:51 AM Post #2,350 of 2,418
Not selling yet, i will use it with my PC. Outdoor i will go back to OG

Not that C2 doesnt have bass but it just doesnt have the muscle as OG 🤣
This makes me really glad I moved from more tame bass to the Canon 2. I almost want to avoid listening to anything with my wife's Legato set so I don't ruin the relative strength of the bass to my ears. :beyersmile:

Jul 10, 2023 at 1:41 PM Post #2,351 of 2,418
As a standalone IEM, the Canon 2 is very good. Unfortunately compared with the OG Canon, not so. My thought is that like most manufacturers, if they are going to revamp, or make it completely different, they should give the set a new name, and not try to sell things on the back of another popular set.

Jul 10, 2023 at 11:52 PM Post #2,353 of 2,418
I think I’m going to leave my canon as my reference iem and just buy cheapies as my work set. I found lightning in a bottle with the EA500
I am keeping both OG and C2. C2 does sounds good when on my PC with 3.5mm. I dont have cables with 3.5mm, i took all in 4.4mm, think i might order some 3.5mm to try.

I dont know is it my brain, but when i try C2 with 3.5mm on my DAP instead of 4.4, it seems it has better bass 🤷

And yeah, i also aiming at cheapies to try, expecting a SR5 delivery today 😅 i think i am addicted.....😪😴

Jul 21, 2023 at 2:22 PM Post #2,354 of 2,418
I'm fully addicted to the Canon 2 at this point. I listen to some occasional stuff on the Heyday's but for the most part this is my go to device to listen to anything. Sad to see that this set never really got a massive hype train going. I don't have any other 1+4 or higher configuration sets to compare it to but if someone is looking to spend up to $500 on a set I'd be hard pressed to not recommend they try out a pair at least to consider it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back