Yanyin Discussion thread
Jun 24, 2023 at 11:27 PM Post #2,296 of 2,418
Thanks for your thoughts. I just purchased an Aful Performer 5 to try out so I will probably get the Aladdin since it's much cheaper. Also want to try to get a Legacy 5 and Yume as well to test.

Jun 25, 2023 at 4:14 AM Post #2,297 of 2,418
Thanks for your thoughts. I just purchased an Aful Performer 5 to try out so I will probably get the Aladdin since it's much cheaper. Also want to try to get a Legacy 5 and Yume as well to test.
A(w)ful Performer 5 is complete nonsense, not headphones. You should have taken Moonlight right away. And so you will only lose more money when reselling headphones. I had Moonlight, but over time the bass beat from the speaker got lost somewhere. Canon has enough for my hearing.

Jun 25, 2023 at 5:49 AM Post #2,298 of 2,418
A(w)ful Performer 5 is complete nonsense, not headphones. You should have taken Moonlight right away. And so you will only lose more money when reselling headphones. I had Moonlight, but over time the bass beat from the speaker got lost somewhere. Canon has enough for my hearing.
Rubbish and an unnecessarily combative comment. Have you heard the Aful?

I had the moonlight and still have the p5. P5 is a little smeary in the highs and has a slight ba timbre but is a very good all-rounder with excellent bass response. The technicalities aren’t amazing, but not terrible either. Same with the soundstage. It’s a great neutral tuning with wonderful bass extension that is ultimately very enjoyable to listen to and not fatiguing. With a little eq it outperforms anything under 500 and is just as comfortable as the moonlight. Also comes with a better cable than the Yanyin.

Moonlight is an excellent iem but ultimately lacks a lot in the low end and doesn’t hold up well over time build wise as you yourself noticed. Mine had issues with driver flex from the start and ultimately started sounding slightly off to me. Bass got worse and it started to be apparent that the levels were no longer matched per side. Unfortunate as it sounded fantastic when I first got it.

Jun 25, 2023 at 8:07 AM Post #2,299 of 2,418

I had the moonlight and still have the p5. P5 is a little smeary in the highs and has a slight ba timbre but is a very good all-rounder with excellent bass response. The technicalities aren’t amazing, but not terrible either. Same with the soundstage. It’s a great neutral tuning with wonderful bass extension that is ultimately very enjoyable to listen to and not fatiguing. With a little eq it outperforms anything under 500 and is just as comfortable as the moonlight. Also comes with a better cable than the Yanyin.

Moonlight is an excellent iem but ultimately lacks a lot in the low end and doesn’t hold up well over time build wise as you yourself noticed. Mine had issues with driver flex from the start and ultimately started sounding slightly off to me. Bass got worse and it started to be apparent that the levels were no longer matched per side. Unfortunate as it sounded fantastic when I first got it.
I have both the P5 and the Moonlight. Love both. P5 is great value with excellent bass and an overall enjoyable sound.

Jun 25, 2023 at 10:05 AM Post #2,300 of 2,418
Losing money is part of the trade off to being able to test iems and other equipment. For me it's about listening to everything I can!

Jun 25, 2023 at 11:33 AM Post #2,301 of 2,418
Not of course, and I'm not going to. There are plenty of reviews from owners on the Internet that would not even look in the direction of these headphones. How can I listen to headphones with smeared high frequencies? But this is my preference, so that everything sounds clear with the full presence of high frequencies. For some reason, many people prefer headphones with a more softened sound. Therefore, a bunch of headphones are mainly produced with the partial presence of high frequencies, or their complete absence.

Jun 25, 2023 at 2:37 PM Post #2,302 of 2,418
Losing money is part of the trade off to being able to test iems and other equipment. For me it's about listening to everything I can!
I have a moonlight, let me know if you'd like to demo them for a day. I'm off the 8 freeway in Allied Gardens.

Jun 25, 2023 at 3:41 PM Post #2,303 of 2,418
I have a moonlight, let me know if you'd like to demo them for a day. I'm off the 8 freeway in Allied Gardens.
Hey thanks! That's very generous of you. I will pm you

Jun 25, 2023 at 11:16 PM Post #2,304 of 2,418
More testing done with the Canon 2. The bass is way more satisfying than the Quartet. Also, I really feel like everything sounds better running balanced? I feel like that could be all in my head but it feels more immediate and resolving on the stock 4.4mm cable I got and sounds more muddy running on the 3.5mm end on the Kinera Ace cable.

Might be something else for someone out there to confirm if anyone else gets the hand on a set.

Jun 26, 2023 at 4:48 AM Post #2,305 of 2,418
Not of course, and I'm not going to. There are plenty of reviews from owners on the Internet that would not even look in the direction of these headphones. How can I listen to headphones with smeared high frequencies? But this is my preference, so that everything sounds clear with the full presence of high frequencies. For some reason, many people prefer headphones with a more softened sound. Therefore, a bunch of headphones are mainly produced with the partial presence of high frequencies, or their complete absence.
So… you’ve never even heard an iem yet felt the need to make wildly negative claims about them and disparage someone for purchasing them. Got it…

Aful p5 is a fantastic iem for its price bracket and being a DD/BA style iem without an est driver. The highs are much more resolving than many other iems in its bracket and even hundreds more. Of course it’s high end technicalities are not on the level of say my unique melody mest mkii, but much more so than most stuff under 500$. And with a little eq they honestly outperformed my moonlights to the point of me getting rid of my moonlights, which had unfortunately lost low end over the few months I used them. Which was quite disappointing.

Anyway, being a jerk in these forums is not appreciated, especially when you are talking about an iem you have zero experience with. In the states we call that talking out of yer ass. Lol.

Jun 26, 2023 at 4:23 PM Post #2,307 of 2,418
The longer I listen to the Canon 2 the more and more I'm liking them as a go-to for listening to music across all the genres I care about. The slam is just different on these, things with the "same" response just don't feel the same. Everything else I listen to is just missing some edge to the low end. The biological dynamic driver might be a placebo, but if that's the case? More sugar pills please!

Jun 26, 2023 at 11:07 PM Post #2,308 of 2,418
The longer I listen to the Canon 2 the more and more I'm liking them as a go-to for listening to music across all the genres I care about. The slam is just different on these, things with the "same" response just don't feel the same. Everything else I listen to is just missing some edge to the low end. The biological dynamic driver might be a placebo, but if that's the case? More sugar pills please!
Nice! And maybe, i ever saw people saying bio driver produce good bass? Was Sony who developed it? And folks at Sony are all bassheads 😅🤣

My Canon 2 has yet to arrive 😴 Meanwhile i also ordered a Floaudio Bluelover, 6 BA units to try. I have not heard BA units for bass but guess i will give a try

Jun 27, 2023 at 6:28 PM Post #2,309 of 2,418
Screenshot_20230627-182558-853.png

Yeah, so this is as it stands until the weather chills out, indefinitely; zero complaints — in fact, shocked by fidelity/wireless representation of dynamics... FWIW; I am a cable guy till I die...
Jim_Carrey_as_the_Cable_Guy.jpg

Jun 27, 2023 at 7:39 PM Post #2,310 of 2,418

Yeah, so this is as it stands until the weather chills out, indefinitely; zero complaints — in fact, shocked by fidelity/wireless representation of dynamics... FWIW; I am a cable guy till I die...
I've always been curious about the sound quality of the Fiio wireless adapters. Is this the 3 or 5?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back