Yanyin Discussion thread
Jul 10, 2022 at 8:26 PM Post #1,607 of 2,418
Taking a break from the Moonlight hype, the Canon is definitely better to my ear on 000 than 123. I’d been listening pretty much exclusively on 123 since receiving it, but now on 000 I notice improved bass quality (and more quantity), improved staging, and improved timbre. I think the treble switch toggled on causes some unnatural timbre on acoustic instruments.

Jul 10, 2022 at 9:06 PM Post #1,608 of 2,418
Taking a break from the Moonlight hype, the Canon is definitely better to my ear on 000 than 123. I’d been listening pretty much exclusively on 123 since receiving it, but now on 000 I notice improved bass quality (and more quantity), improved staging, and improved timbre. I think the treble switch toggled on causes some unnatural timbre on acoustic instruments.

I went from bass switch on, to mids switch on, to bass and mids on and now enjoying default “123” for the past few days. I haven’t tried the 000 setting but I’ll give it a go

Jul 11, 2022 at 2:09 AM Post #1,609 of 2,418
Is there a specific cable you guys like on the moonlight
I have put some impressions a few posts ago. Although I have not spent much time with each cable, I can say that among all the ones I have, the best match has been with the ISN Solar, but it is very close, and it is the one that I have finally left, the ISN G4. It's a cable that for its price and its versatility is well worth it. When I have tried cables with more silver (Tri Wolfram) the result has not been entirely satisfactory. It exalts the highs, making it fatiguing for my taste.
I've done some quick tests. I haven't had much time to test cables and since the experience with the G4 has been so good, it has stuck. Other colleagues have surely done more tests or have their favorites.
I have been testing some cables these days. Stock in 3.5mm, Penon Mix, ISN Solar, Tri Wolfram and ISN G4, although I haven't been able to test them for a long time. Between work and my young daughter, lately my time to listen to music is when they go to bed and I'm cleaning up the kitchen :sweat_smile:. Some small conclusions in the time I have spent with each one, which as I say, has not been much:
  • The stock cable is pretty decent, I only used it as soon as it arrived, but as soon as I switched to the mix, I noticed better textures on the bass. I don't know if it's due to the cable or the burn. I have to go back to him.
  • The Mix improved the texture of the bass to a certain extent and the definition a little, but it didn't make a huge difference, and I'm not sure if the improvement was also due to the fact that the moonlight had already burned for a few hours in my desktop system.
  • The ISN Solar is a great cable. It improves everything it touches. It may be the best pairing, but it didn't wow me like the first time I put it on the Penon Volt.
  • I just got the Wolfram, and so far it seems to me that it makes the highs shine too much, but I've only had a chance to try it on 4 or 5 songs.
  • In the end, the combination that I have used and enjoyed the most has been the ISN G4, using Cayin RU6 as a source. Due to its characteristics it looks like the original, but I haven't found any fault with it according to my tastes... well yes... why does it have to be so ugly :sweat_smile:?

Jul 11, 2022 at 4:24 AM Post #1,610 of 2,418
Moonlight is proving excellent but with one niggling concern occasionally - I'm noticing with upper mids they at times sound louder in the mix, especially if for example there is a break in an electronic track and just synths with no beats, I need to reduce the volume. To be fair, I've not burnt them in so might just be that. Has anyone else had this?

Jul 11, 2022 at 4:45 AM Post #1,611 of 2,418
Moonlight is proving excellent but with one niggling concern occasionally - I'm noticing with upper mids they at times sound louder in the mix, especially if for example there is a break in an electronic track and just synths with no beats, I need to reduce the volume. To be fair, I've not burnt them in so might just be that. Has anyone else had this?
If you can provide us with an example song, I'll check it out. For my part, I have not noticed this behavior.

Jul 11, 2022 at 5:37 AM Post #1,613 of 2,418
does anyone know Yanyin contacts?

Get a Canon with some a cracks around 2pin connector on shell and i dont think that a seller send a message to the company :weary:

Jul 11, 2022 at 5:52 AM Post #1,614 of 2,418
Couldn't agree more. "000" is the most natural sounding one, it's like an improved version of UM Mest JP.
Sometimes I do enjoy the extra bass on "100", but "000" just makes everything sound good.

How would you compare Canon on "000" with Moonlight? You wrote your review before switching to "000", do you think now that Canon is closer to Moonlight in how natural it sounds?

Jul 11, 2022 at 5:53 AM Post #1,615 of 2,418
does anyone know Yanyin contacts?

Get a Canon with some a cracks around 2pin connector on shell and i dont think that a seller send a message to the company :weary:
You should probably return it for a refund

Jul 11, 2022 at 5:54 AM Post #1,616 of 2,418
You should probably return it for a refund
cool, i have to spend my money for poor quality from the manufacturer :raised_hands:

Jul 11, 2022 at 6:13 AM Post #1,617 of 2,418
cool, i have to spend my money for poor quality from the manufacturer :raised_hands:
Those are the risks of buying from China.
Nobody is going to send you a replacement 300$ IEM without getting the original back.

Jul 11, 2022 at 6:18 AM Post #1,618 of 2,418
Those are the risks of buying from China.
Nobody is going to send you a replacement 300$ IEM without getting the original back.
if the manufacturer keeps the brand and face - there are no price barriers for him :)

I just shared that the quality is not very good, and also my connectors are loose. Hmm, the price is clearly 2 times too high, our headphones with such a sound cost 2-3 times cheaper.

Jul 11, 2022 at 6:45 AM Post #1,619 of 2,418
20220711_174240.jpg

IMG_20220711_134532_GC6.1_gamma1.8.jpg
IMG_20220711_134525_GC6.1_gamma1.8.jpg
3.5mm jack a ....trash 😭 a lot of oxides, as if it had been used. this is terrible, i paid 300$ for such quality. Strange stickers on cable... I dont understand.

Sorry, Yanyin doesn't recomended for buying

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2022 at 7:12 AM Post #1,620 of 2,418

3.5mm jack a ....trash 😭 a lot of oxides, as if it had been used. this is terrible, i paid 300$ for such quality. Strange stickers on cable... I dont understand.

Sorry, Yanyin doesn't recomended for buying
It seems like you’re in a complaint hole and making less and less sense, at least to me as a reader/viewer of what you’re sharing. Jack looks normal/fine. Sticker? Take it off?

Who did you buy from? When my connectors on my Aladdin were loose after quite a few months, I sent my pair to Penon who sent me a replacement even while dealing with Yanyin on my behalf, due to delays from HK to mainland China. So I was well taken care of, and Penon were able to do that because they knew Yanyin would take care of their part of things in due time.

To be fair to Yanyin - they need the original back to learn from it and to make sure they’re not being ripped off by one person in the internet sending someone else in the internet’s photos, but that is what almost all companies would expect before giving a refund or replacement. If you went with an AliExpress in-between, pursuing warranty might be much harder. But you had a choice where to buy it from, Yanyin can’t help that step. They don’t have proof of sale/customer by the sounds of it.

Edit: simple version:
  1. Not sure what’s meant to be wrong with your cable complaints
  2. If you’re not buying direct from manufacture (not possible as far as I’m aware) the seller you chose is very important for what your return/refund/warranty options will be as they are the ones with documentation who have to bridge the gap.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back