Yanyin Discussion thread
Jun 17, 2022 at 1:20 PM Post #1,441 of 2,418
Good day for Yanyin over here. Got my replacement Moonlights in, so I am back in the bliss of exquisite tonal balance and technical near-perfection. Also put in my order for the Canon as well.

Jun 17, 2022 at 5:51 PM Post #1,442 of 2,418
Got my Moonlights yesterday. So far impressed. Really balanced and a good allrounder suitable for many different libraries.

Also very good fit and nice looking.

Attachments

• 20220617_065930.jpg
    20220617_065930.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Jun 17, 2022 at 6:21 PM Post #1,443 of 2,418
Got my Moonlights yesterday. So far impressed. Really balanced and a good allrounder suitable for many different libraries.

Also very good fit and nice looking.

Congrats! Thoughts vs MEST MKII?

Jun 17, 2022 at 7:56 PM Post #1,444 of 2,418
I just gotta say the Moonlight is about as close to perfection as I can imagine an IEM getting. I am playing through a bunch of my favorite songs on shuffle and I am extremely hard pressed to identify a single thing I would change if I could, either in regards to tonality or to sound quality.

Jun 18, 2022 at 3:07 AM Post #1,446 of 2,418
Congrats! Thoughts vs MEST MKII?
The MEST Mk2 is factually and technicalily the better IEM overall. Then again they should be at more than twice the price.

They are not totally different in tuning, but there are differences in sub bass and upper mids. Main difference except nitty gritty details in music reproduction is that the Moonlights have a much better fit for me. I perceive the Moonlights a tad brighter compared to the MEST Mk2. With my tuning preference the Moonlights must be considered a very competitive set in their price range.

Tuning wise the Moonlights are very similar to the Xenns Tea II, but here the Moonlights are more “audiophile” and clearly a more coherent and transparent set with better detail. Then again they should be at nearly twice the price.

I like what the Moonlights are doing to voices (especially female) where this set puts the spotlight on the vocals. Compared to the Tansio Mirai Lands I generally prefer the Moonlights (and the MEST Mk2) with the exception of a sense of space and airy feeling I get from the Lands as they have some 5-10 dBs more in upper mids and treble.

Again proven that there is a correlation between price and technical performance in otherwise not too differently tuned sets. All three sets (MEST Mk2, Moonlight, Tea II) are safe naturally sounding allrounders. Not too much of anything. I like the Lands but they are more sensitive to music library and definitely not for the treble sensitive audience.

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2022 at 8:24 AM Post #1,448 of 2,418
Too safe treble tuning?
No, I found this the case with the Aladdins but the Moonlight has the right amount of sparkle and incisiveness for me. It’s still an inoffensive and unfatiguing treble response, but very clear, detailed, and present. I think the ESTs are making the difference here. No complaints at all.

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2022 at 12:24 PM Post #1,449 of 2,418
No, I found this the case with the Aladdins but the Moonlight has the right amount of sparkle and incisiveness for me. It’s still an inoffensive and unfatiguing treble response, but very clear, detailed, and present. I think the ESTs are making the difference here. No complaints at all.
Finding him neutral or just an exuberant naturalness?

Jun 18, 2022 at 12:41 PM Post #1,450 of 2,418
Finding him neutral or just an exuberant naturalness?
It's difficult to say, I need more time to listen. There is some zing from the ESTs.

Jun 18, 2022 at 1:20 PM Post #1,453 of 2,418
Isn’t express shipping supposed to take like 1-2 days to deliver? I ordered my Moonlights from HiFiGo 3 days ago and they haven’t even began to be shipped. Emailed HiFiGo twice and no response, what the **** dude

Jun 18, 2022 at 1:57 PM Post #1,454 of 2,418
Isn’t express shipping supposed to take like 1-2 days to deliver? I ordered my Moonlights from HiFiGo 3 days ago and they haven’t even began to be shipped. Emailed HiFiGo twice and no response, what the **** dude

From China? Typically “express” shipping means “about five days” versus standard shipping which means “up to two weeks.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back