Yanyin Discussion thread
Jun 15, 2022 at 9:39 AM Post #1,426 of 2,418
From an ISN H40, KBEAR BELIEVE and IKKO OH10 maybe 000 couldn't be enough
I'd also recommend 001, which has as much bass as 000 but also more treble extension. Or 110, which I use for EDM and the like.

Jun 15, 2022 at 11:17 AM Post #1,428 of 2,418
From an ISN H40, KBEAR BELIEVE and IKKO OH10 maybe 000 couldn't be enough
I have the IKKO OH1, that is more bassier then oh10, and Canon with 000 si comparable. Always listened in 000, 100 for me too much low end.

Jun 15, 2022 at 11:46 AM Post #1,429 of 2,418
There is already a lot of bass in Yanyan Canon for 000, but for 100 it will turn out to be a mumbling hum.
100 isn't exactly a mumbling hum, but the bass quality isn't as great as on 000 - still quite good though.
The quantity of the bass in 100 is probably what's going to be a problem for anyone who isn't an extreme basshead or has reduced sensitivity in that region.

Jun 16, 2022 at 1:38 PM Post #1,431 of 2,418
How does the moonlight compare to the Ej07m and KL version? More recent KL seem to graph similar to the moonlight (Ej07m w/ less sub bass).

Jun 16, 2022 at 3:33 PM Post #1,432 of 2,418
How does the moonlight compare to the Ej07m and KL version? More recent KL seem to graph similar to the moonlight (Ej07m w/ less sub bass).
If your gunning for the Lava sounds like the last of them are coming to a end only 200 made. I put my money on the Lava vs the moonlight after a listening session so graciously provided by Joseph from LETSHOUER, untimatly it came down to I loved the sound, the $$$ and to a part they look damn amazing!

Joseph even got the factory to swap out cables for me to the S12 cable I think will pair better and again because I am like a crow with shiny things looks killer on the Lava.

Moonlight was tempting for me both fantastic IEM for sure but since I can't listen to the Moonlight I put my trust in my ears; Chris (HBB) and my $$$.

Whatever you decide I am sure you will enjoy! 😃 Cheers J.

Jun 16, 2022 at 5:57 PM Post #1,435 of 2,418
Joking aside. I would consider the Moonlight a complete fail if it wasn't an actual upgrade on the Canons costing double. Have some confidence. I compared the Moonlight to the Canons on my review. You can read that section. The Canon is a great earphone. Its just that they aren't as exquisite sounding as the Moonlights. Moonlights refinements are what makes them a clear upgrade.

You want a high end earphone that is what the Moonlights are.

Jun 16, 2022 at 5:58 PM Post #1,436 of 2,418
Joking aside. I would consider the Moonlight a complete fail if it wasn't an actual upgrade on the Canons costing double. Have some confidence. I compared the Moonlight to the Canons on my review. You can read that section. The Canon is a great earphone. Its just that they aren't as exquisite sounding as the Moonlights. Moonlights refinements are what makes them a clear upgrade.

Your review is actually what pushed me to buy them! I don’t think I’ve EVER read something that had such pleasing things to say about an IEM that didn’t cost 2 months rent haha
I just wanted to get some more opinions but I definitely trust your judgment!

Jun 16, 2022 at 6:19 PM Post #1,437 of 2,418
There are levels of earphone sound quality you can expect for your hard earned cash. The Moonlight if it was made by any of the other "premium" IEM manufacturers.

I am very certain it would have cost up to double or more for the same exact sound quality. When you guys get the Moonlights. On the 2nd night of burn in. Take a good listen. If you guys think that sound is just mediocre or average sounding. Let me know I am completely full of poo.

SQ for the price point simply does not get much better.

Jun 16, 2022 at 6:30 PM Post #1,438 of 2,418

A reminder to Canon owners - as have been discussed previously in this thread, Moonlight is supposed to be an upgrade to Canon in the "010" configuration.
If you prefer another Canon tuning, that may not be the case.

Jun 17, 2022 at 12:57 PM Post #1,440 of 2,418
I just got my hands on the canon. I'm still in the early phase but the first impressions are very good.

I'm still newish to this hobby so take this with a grain of salt, I'm "only" on my 7th pair now, but these are getting closer to what I've been searching for and I think I'm nearing my end game. At least enough that I can take a break for a while until the the next wave of iems come out in a year or two.

I had the aladdins previously and really liked them for their tonality and fit. I found their lack of dynamics and general "smoothness" a bit unengaging though. Even with a bit of eq they still didn't seem to grab me. Very pleasant, very coherent, but too dull. I loved the bass quality, the depth and layering of the mids, but they were just lacking in that sizzle and sparkle in the top end.

The canons so far are like the aladdins on steroids. More exciting, more engaging, but still relatively balanced. The treble is noticeably more extended, more detailed. You can tell it's still yanyins tuning but everything is just a bit more colorful and lively. They're not at all too bright or sibilant, just the right amount of energy.

One thing that stands out is the separation and imaging is noticeably improved. The aladdins dullish dynamics and slightly veiled tonality combined with just average imaging (although good for the price) made the "world" of the music feel a bit undefined. With the increased detail and imaging with the canon it's like the whole stage opens up, there's some serious immersion and sense of holographic space.

For reference, I listen to lots of detailed/spacious ambient electronic music along with some indie rock, some prog, and deep bass music (uk dubstep, dnb, garage). I think the canons take a bit of a hit in the coherency department so things like acoustic and more intimate/human genres don't sound quite as natural as the aladdins. For my main genres though I'm willing to take small hit in those areas to increase that wow and fun factor. They don't go overboard though and they are a great all rounder.

I can't say how they stack up to others in the 300+ price range as I've only tried a few up there. I also got them used so I'm happy with the price but for retail I don't know if I would be as satisfied. I don't think the diminishing returns are worth it for me past this point but there was a certain "something" that I was looking for when I started buying/reselling and I think these are getting pretty close to it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back