Yanyin Discussion thread
Mar 21, 2022 at 6:24 PM Post #856 of 2,418
My bought my first ever IEM's over a year ago and they were the DUNU 3001 Pro. Which while I appreciated they were better than any earphone I'd ever heard before I found them a bit dull to listen to.

So I took a punt on the Canon's before Christmas and felt they were a vast improvement on them in every way possible.

Mar 21, 2022 at 7:20 PM Post #857 of 2,418
My bought my first ever IEM's over a year ago and they were the DUNU 3001 Pro. Which while I appreciated they were better than any earphone I'd ever heard before I found them a bit dull to listen to.

So I took a punt on the Canon's before Christmas and felt they were a vast improvement on them in every way possible.
The DK-2001 was a great earphone btw, I’ve heard people prefer them to the 3001 and 4001.

Mar 21, 2022 at 10:22 PM Post #858 of 2,418
Funny that you mention biocellulose drivers. I just recently thought about this dd material. I think it's not by chance that renowned speaker manufacturers like Focal, Triangle and others use biocellulose for their mid/bass drivers. It seems that paper drivers have some favourable characteristics compared to other materials. When comparing my Triangle Comete EZ (paper ) vs the Klipsch RP-600M (cerametallic) I'll prefer the Triangle every time.

Now my only bio cellulose IEM is the Serial which I love. To confirm my paper bias I recently order the Penon Orb. A few months ago I was all like beryllium rules the world.
How do you like your new Orb? I own one, and I love its detail bass and mid but hate that it rolls off treble too much. It's a big no for my music collection that usually has drum instruments such as cymbal / hi hat /cowbell. If Penon would combine that bass/ mid with high mid, and extended treble that would make a much better Orb.

Mar 22, 2022 at 3:43 AM Post #859 of 2,418
How do you like your new Orb? I own one, and I love its detail bass and mid but hate that it rolls off treble too much. It's a big no for my music collection that usually has drum instruments such as cymbal / hi hat /cowbell. If Penon would combine that bass/ mid with high mid, and extended treble that would make a much better Orb.
Order is still "processing".

Mar 22, 2022 at 7:28 AM Post #860 of 2,418
The DK-2001 was a great earphone btw, I’ve heard people prefer them to the 3001 and 4001.
Not to be completely down on DUNU. The build quality is superb (where the Canon doesn't compete) and I'd be interested to hear more of their products. I'm reluctant to say too much about the sound of the Canons as I haven't really heard enough IEMs to make an informed opinion, but I haven't listened to the 3001s since, apart from to make a comparison.

They are such great all rounders. Even listening to them at low volume levels I'm astounded by how much detail is retrieved by them.

Mar 22, 2022 at 11:47 AM Post #861 of 2,418
Not to be completely down on DUNU. The build quality is superb (where the Canon doesn't compete) ...
What's wrong with Canon's build quality?

I'm reluctant to say too much about the sound of the Canons as I haven't really heard enough IEMs to make an informed opinion...
You probably won't be listening to many more IEMs after this :L3000:

They are such great all rounders. Even listening to them at low volume levels I'm astounded by how much detail is retrieved by them.
Yep

Mar 25, 2022 at 7:08 AM Post #864 of 2,418
What's wrong with Canon's build quality?
Nothing in particular - if anything I appreciate that the Canons are comfortable and obviously sound great. It's just that the 3001 pro package is a bit of a hard act to follow in terms of the excellent build quality, packaging and cable accessories. This appears to be something DUNU pay a lot of attention to (pity the tuning is a bit off from my pov).

Mar 25, 2022 at 7:38 AM Post #865 of 2,418
Nothing in particular - if anything I appreciate that the Canons are comfortable and obviously sound great. It's just that the 3001 pro package is a bit of a hard act to follow in terms of the excellent build quality, packaging and cable accessories. This appears to be something DUNU pay a lot of attention to (pity the tuning is a bit off from my pov).
Yeah, DUNU is renowned for its build quality and packaging. And also their DD tech. But Titan S isn't my preferred tuning and everything else is outside my budget lol. Yanyin Canon, on the other hand, apparently supplies just a small box of tips (silicone type), but a nice carrying box and cable, right? Strange because even the Aladdin comes with 7 pairs of tips lol

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2022 at 10:29 AM Post #866 of 2,418
Yeah, DUNU is renowned for its build quality and packaging. And also their DD tech. But Titan S isn't my preferred tuning and everything else is outside my budget lol. Yanyin Canon, on the other hand, apparently supplies just a small box of tips (silicone type), but a nice carrying box and cable, right? Strange because even the Aladdin comes with 7 pairs of tips lol
Pack in stuff is a give n take. Aladdin uses less drivers probably lower level BAs vs Canon so they can throw in a bit more tips but where it really matters is the cable they throw in. The Canon has a much better cable that comes with it..Its a very good cable actually.

The cable that comes with the Aladdin is nothing special in fact does nothing for the Aladdin sound. It is one of those good enough but nothing special cables. AKA throw in, looks good I suppose it is just marginally better than the throw in OFC thin cables but just about anything aftermarket cable wise makes the Aladdin sound better vs the pack in cable Most folks will end up upgrading the cable on their Aladdin.

1648218432166.png

On the Canon however you get a solid cable that matches well with the Canon. In providing more of a premium cable they provide a paltry single set of silicones. But if you was to ask me what I would rather have a bunch of tips and a cable I am not gonna use or an actual cable that matches well with the earphones and a few tips. I would most definitely choose the latter.

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2022 at 9:35 AM Post #867 of 2,418
Pack in stuff is a give n take. Aladdin uses less drivers probably lower level BAs vs Canon so they can throw in a bit more tips but where it really matters is the cable they throw in. The Canon has a much better cable that comes with it..Its a very good cable actually.

The cable that comes with the Aladdin is nothing special in fact does nothing for the Aladdin sound. It is one of those good enough but nothing special cables. AKA throw in, looks good I suppose it is just marginally better than the throw in OFC thin cables but just about anything aftermarket cable wise makes the Aladdin sound better vs the pack in cable Most folks will end up upgrading the cable on their Aladdin.

1648218432166.png

On the Canon however you get a solid cable that matches well with the Canon. In providing more of a premium cable they provide a paltry single set of silicones. But if you was to ask me what I would rather have a bunch of tips and a cable I am not gonna use or an actual cable that matches well with the earphones and a few tips. I would most definitely choose the latter.
Did you try Canon with Penon Leo Plus cable? :sweat_smile:

Mar 26, 2022 at 10:59 AM Post #868 of 2,418
Unfortunately, the Leo plus I got is mmcx, it is currently on my IER-Z1R permanently. It matches so well with my Z1R that I just left it on there but I would imagine it would be a great match up with the Canon. Canons are nicely technical and reveling so aftermarket cables will be a nice effect on the Canon. I tried the Mix and OSG and both upgrade the Canon to a nice level. This being said I do like the included cable with the Canons, there is really no need to upgrade on it but if your the type to not leave well enough alone. Both the Mix and OSG expand on the Canon sound. Something a bit cheaper in the Penon OS849 is a great cable that would be a direct upgrade on the stock cable.

Mar 28, 2022 at 5:49 AM Post #869 of 2,418
I just couldn't pass on this amazing deal - got my 3rd Canon for xxx$ from https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002718514857.html
There are 33$ savings from the Aliexpress "3$ off 30$" Spend & Save, and additional 30$ by using the Aliexpress coupon "ANNI30".
This coupon is "first come first serve", will probably stop working in a few hours - so don't hesitate!

There are 2 more stores where the final price would be even 4$ lower, but their rating is too low for comfort:
Beteran: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002856828638.html
GeekyAudio: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003708552985.html
I did buy my first Canon from Beteran though, and was happy with the order.

Here are all the available Aliexpress coupons (they work on all the stores during the Anniversary sale):
1648460873538.png

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2022 at 6:06 AM Post #870 of 2,418
I just couldn't pass on this amazing deal - got my 3rd Canon for 268$ from https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002718514857.html :
1648460508260.png

There are 33$ savings from "3$ off 30$", and additional 30$ by using the coupon "ANNI30".
This coupon is "first come first serve", will probably stop working in a few hours - so don't hesitate!

There are 2 more stores where the final price would be even 4$ lower, but their rating is too low for comfort:
Beteran: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002856828638.html
GeekyAudio: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003708552985.html
I did buy my first Canon from Beteran though, and was happy with the order.

Here are all the available coupons:
1648460873538.png
Thank you for your dedication!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back