Yanyin Discussion thread
Sep 17, 2021 at 6:36 AM Post #571 of 2,418
Worth a try asking Penon if they can stock it.

Thank you! I did and they were very helpful. He mentioned a new upgraded EST Yanyin as Rosemary will soon be discontinued. Anyone know the name of this new iem or when it will be released.

Sep 17, 2021 at 7:09 AM Post #572 of 2,418
So far you have the latest news, for me @ least.
Others will chime in for sure...

Sep 17, 2021 at 7:14 AM Post #573 of 2,418
Any suggestions on how to get Rosemary bought and shipped to USA? Found one retailer on Aliexpress but they have 50% seller rating.
If you are used to dhl speed, Penon is the only shop that i know that can match that...

Sep 17, 2021 at 10:22 PM Post #575 of 2,418
Thank you! I did and they were very helpful. He mentioned a new upgraded EST Yanyin as Rosemary will soon be discontinued. Anyone know the name of this new iem or when it will be released.
It should be General II... But i prefer rosemary than General II unless they change the tuning (in pic General the blue one with yanyin logo)

YMMV tho FB_IMG_1631931583049.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2021 at 11:28 PM Post #577 of 2,418
It should be General II... But i prefer rosemary than General II unless they change the tuning (in pic General the blue one with yanyin logo)

YMMV tho
What's the sonic difference between Rosemary and General II?

Sep 18, 2021 at 11:02 AM Post #578 of 2,418
What's the sonic difference between Rosemary and General II?
IMO General much more energetic but in a bad way, suffer from incoherence a lot especially after using rosemary which is incredible hybrid

It's more fun and has a little bit better detail than rosemary, but kinda screwed up in term of positioning and imaging

YMMV since i pretty much picky about timbre, imaging and coherency (even mest mk2 is not that coherent)

Sep 18, 2021 at 11:36 AM Post #579 of 2,418
Hopefully it's not the General that's rolling out, but a totally new set...

Sep 18, 2021 at 1:20 PM Post #580 of 2,418
Has anyone on this thread compared the Aladdins with ibasso AM05?? (King of Neutrality iems)...
In any case someone did or will please come back.....

Sep 18, 2021 at 2:14 PM Post #581 of 2,418
OK Canon time. For folks that felt the Aladdin might have a been a bit smoother in tone which is arguably one of its charms, the Canons tonal quality and transient response is a level above Aladdin. Its imaging is more vivid and a bit more frontal. I can tell they are using two BAs for mids as the imaging jumps out to a greater degree and has a cleaner more chiseled tonal character probably due to having more treble both lower and upper upper . These have a bit more bass emphasis vs the Aladdin so a touch more V shaped in signature but not overly so. I would say it is more of a mild V shape signature, more dynamic sounding with a slight increase in stage perception as well. I believe they are using the same dynamic as the Aladdin. Similar bass quality there but a bit more present this time around.

They do have a 3 switch scheme that is very similar in what it does to Tansio Mirai phones. Perhaps these are made in the same factory as Tansio Mirai earphones just a guess. In any case I can understand the price jump with the tuning options and increase of presence, detail, imaging and stage with a increase of dynamics on top of that. Folks that would like the next level of the Aladdins the Canons are what the next level Aladdins are. These guys can tune these earphones as refined sounding as the Aladdin was these are literally one level above in all accounts. But I can see how for folks that like their earphones leaning more neutral how the Aladdin would be better for them. Canons however is yet another great sounding earphone from Yanyin.

These remind me a bit of the Tansio Mirai Land in tonal character/ability with a vocal lift. A more energetic Aladdin with an upgrade in technicalities/ dynamics = Canon.

Sep 18, 2021 at 2:26 PM Post #582 of 2,418
Has anyone on this thread compared the Aladdins with ibasso AM05?? (King of Neutrality iems)...
In any case someone did or will please come back.....
I had am05 time ago, one of my first iems on hifi world.
Aladdin is better allrounder iem than am05.
Has a better bass and mid bass.

Sep 18, 2021 at 3:20 PM Post #583 of 2,418
I had am05 time ago, one of my first iems on hifi world.
Aladdin is better allrounder iem than am05.
Has a better bass and mid bass.
Really happy to hear that cause to my flavor AM05 is way too neutral and flat...
The bass is obviously very light weight and in some tracks this lacking I'd more than apparent....
Waiting for my set during this week and I mostly use now days AM05 for acoustic / orchestral tracks, but in many ways AM05 can not handle a variety of different music genres unfortunately...
Happy to hear that the bass is there anyways....

Sep 19, 2021 at 5:41 AM Post #584 of 2,418
OK Canon time. For folks that felt the Aladdin might have a been a bit smoother in tone which is arguably one of its charms, the Canons tonal quality and transient response is a level above Aladdin. Its imaging is more vivid and a bit more frontal. I can tell they are using two BAs for mids as the imaging jumps out to a greater degree and has a cleaner more chiseled tonal character probably due to having more treble both lower and upper upper . These have a bit more bass emphasis vs the Aladdin so a touch more V shaped in signature but not overly so. I would say it is more of a mild V shape signature, more dynamic sounding with a slight increase in stage perception as well. I believe they are using the same dynamic as the Aladdin. Similar bass quality there but a bit more present this time around.

They do have a 3 switch scheme that is very similar in what it does to Tansio Mirai phones. Perhaps these are made in the same factory as Tansio Mirai earphones just a guess. In any case I can understand the price jump with the tuning options and increase of presence, detail, imaging and stage with a increase of dynamics on top of that. Folks that would like the next level of the Aladdins the Canons are what the next level Aladdins are. These guys can tune these earphones as refined sounding as the Aladdin was these are literally one level above in all accounts. But I can see how for folks that like their earphones leaning more neutral how the Aladdin would be better for them. Canons however is yet another great sounding earphone from Yanyin.

These remind me a bit of the Tansio Mirai Land in tonal character/ability with a vocal lift. A more energetic Aladdin with an upgrade in technicalities/ dynamics = Canon.
This pretty much agrees with my perception of the Canon. I'd also add that I find I can pick out individual instruments in dense musical passages as well as tonal and physical qualities of instruments that I have never heard before.

They also have a noticeably warm and inviting signature that seems to work for just about any genre. For example I found myself listening to Scott Walker's Soused the other night, not exactly an easy listen yet the drone of Sun 0)))'s guitar had an addictive richness to it that completely sucked me in.

In terms of spaciousness my impression is that the sound field stops just outside my ears and dependent on the recording there is a palpable holographic sensation that while being very much "in my head" the space created feels like it's the size of a barn.

For me these are the IEMs that have helped me to "get" what head fi is all about.

I'm now wondering what a totl iem must sound like if they can sound this good at mid fi level.

Sep 19, 2021 at 5:52 AM Post #585 of 2,418
Really happy to hear that cause to my flavor AM05 is way too neutral and flat...
The bass is obviously very light weight and in some tracks this lacking I'd more than apparent....
Waiting for my set during this week and I mostly use now days AM05 for acoustic / orchestral tracks, but in many ways AM05 can not handle a variety of different music genres unfortunately...
Happy to hear that the bass is there anyways....
am05 sounds great with smooth jazz, I used to listen Winelight (Grover Washinton, Jr), but nowadays, I love the way my Softears Rs10 can manage this kind of music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back