Yanyin Discussion thread
Aug 20, 2021 at 12:00 PM Post #406 of 2,418
@Asakurai I recall you enjoy both VX and other Yanyin series, have you tried Softears RSV? If Alladin is like RSV with swapped bass unit to DD, I’m growing my interest in trying out😳
Come to the Yanyin side,
we have cookies,

images (1).jpeg

Aug 20, 2021 at 12:20 PM Post #407 of 2,418
I do own Anole VX and Yanyin Rosemary and love them both

Haven't tried RSV, but Aladdin is a mini and warmer rosemary which IMO better than 3DT
Thanks! I guess I’ll try out Yanyin sooner than later👍

Aug 20, 2021 at 7:39 PM Post #408 of 2,418
Thanks! I guess I’ll try out Yanyin sooner than later👍
Go for it

The first time i tried Sorry Audio (name the tuner use before going international with Yanyin Technology) was 2 years ago, trying lot of their stuff, at the same time also tried See Audio lineup before they go international ( vantina, serena, nekoru lineup)

Need to choose between Rosemary (Yanyin) or Neo (See Audio 10BA) at some point, in the end i choose Rosemary
Both are great, but IMO Rosemary does better than Neo
Been A/Bing both of them more than a week

Pretty sure i've left some quick impression about rosemary and neo in discovery thread before

Aug 20, 2021 at 9:40 PM Post #410 of 2,418
Hurray....!!
Just got mailed from penon
Aladdin 's on their way...
For all you fanatics here's some music that should be most appreciated with your Aladdin sets..:

https://angelolsen.bandcamp.com/track/endgame

Probably will highlight Aladdin 's strength as far as timbre and acoustic instrument representation goes....
Can't wait for mine to arrive...... 😉

Thank you, I had a blissful time today hearing these on the Aladdins.
:beerchug:

Aug 20, 2021 at 10:46 PM Post #411 of 2,418
Would be nice to know more how the Rosemary compare to Aladdin. Is the Rosemary worth the price?
I would say yes, it's worth the price
It's a level behind Anole VX, just lack the resolution. Rosemary main forte on its imaging and positioning with good timbre

Considering the price which is half of VX, i think rosemary already doing some great job in term of value

Aug 21, 2021 at 12:56 AM Post #412 of 2,418
If anybody is looking for a like new set and don't want to wait for shipping from China, I've posted my pair for sale. Decided it's just not my cup of tea. Can provide pics upon request (haven't shot any just yet).

Aug 21, 2021 at 2:05 AM Post #413 of 2,418
Bare in mind this is only after about 5 or 6 hours with the Aladdin...

I think it needs to be stated here that the 3DT and the Aladdin are two very different tunings. So a case of 'better' or 'worse' will come almost entirely down to personal preference.

The Aladdins bass has more texture and detail. It took me about half an hour to adjust to less midbass impact than I'm typically used to but once you're settled in, the tuning repays with detail and natural timbre that is often veiled by midbass 'boom'. Thankfully the driver extends very low to give you a tastleful subbass thump to keep it fun.

The overall tonality of Aladdin is very different to the 3DT. I hear the Aladdin as leaner, cooler and with greater treble detail and extension (not surprising given the DD treble of the 3DT).

I think the Aladdin is a better all-rounder than the 3DT, I've not found a genre that the Aladdin struggles with so far (I've yet to listen to my classical library). For my preferences I would pair this with a warm source.

At the price, it's great value.

@ian91, describing the Aladdins as a better all rounder here you mean that it is suitable and acceptable as well for electronic music / synthetic bass tones as well?
I mean ok we know so far that it's probably a master at acoustic / vocals reproduction buts as far as it goes for modern electronica IDM genre is it a satisfying listening using those as well?

Aug 21, 2021 at 2:27 AM Post #414 of 2,418
Thank you, I had a blissful time today hearing these on the Aladdins.
:beerchug:
Don't even mention it...
Imagine... I discovered Gian / Ocean on a YouTube channel, being used as a test track for high end audio equipment home setup.
It ll take probably a month or so for my set to arrive here in Athens, Greece but till then
here's some more fine tunes for you and your set If I am not bothering you....

Take care & Happy listenings..........

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2021 at 5:44 AM Post #415 of 2,418
@ian91, describing the Aladdins as a better all rounder here you mean that it is suitable and acceptable as well for electronic music / synthetic bass tones as well?
I mean ok we know so far that it's probably a master at acoustic / vocals reproduction buts as far as it goes for modern electronica IDM genre is it a satisfying listening using those as well?

For me it's suitable and acceptable, as you say! :)

If you've got the ISN H40 you can always fall back on that for EDM if the punch isn't strong enough on Aladdin.

Aug 21, 2021 at 6:04 AM Post #416 of 2,418
For me it's suitable and acceptable, as you say! :)

If you've got the ISN H40 you can always fall back on that for EDM if the punch isn't strong enough on Aladdin.
the Teas (in my perception always) can reproduce successfully enough almost every music genre,
hope that this will be the case here as well.
Thanks for responding man
H40 cannot be described from my side at least with objectivity and justice because it's an all time favorite for me and I would have bought it even if it costed 500 $ man... It's strictly a matter of personal preference regarding probably its bass and tunning....?
Still remember the first straight out of the box listening section with it.......

Aug 21, 2021 at 6:10 AM Post #417 of 2,418
the Teas (in my perception always) can reproduce successfully enough almost every music genre,
hope that this will be the case here as well.
Thanks for responding man
H40 cannot be described from my side at least with objectivity and justice because it's an all time favorite for me and I would have bought it even if it costed 500 $ man... It's strictly a matter of personal preference regarding probably its bass and tunning....?
Still remember the first straight out of the box listening section with it.......

Like you said Teas can do most genres, but I feel the Aladdin does most genres better. Time will tell, I hope you're happy when they arrive! Also glad you've got another IEM to fall back on that you seem to love! I've not heard the H40 but have read great things about it at the price point. I think you'll find a different flavour here but hopefully something appealing that can fulfil a different role in your lineup.

Aug 21, 2021 at 7:06 AM Post #418 of 2,418
Like you said Teas can do most genres, but I feel the Aladdin does most genres better. Time will tell, I hope you're happy when they arrive! Also glad you've got another IEM to fall back on that you seem to love! I've not heard the H40 but have read great things about it at the price point. I think you'll find a different flavour here but hopefully something appealing that can fulfil a different role in your lineup.
@ian91 Do you by any chance find Aladdin less linear than the Teas?
To be more specific, I am referring here in the note weight or the note density if I am making myself clear man...
I mean the Teas being extremely linear that benefits a lot the overall perception of space and air flow between instruments and vocals particularly in the midrange
Thus, the stage of the Teas really takes advantage from that in width and height for sure.....
Just had to ask that....

Aug 21, 2021 at 7:11 AM Post #419 of 2,418
@ian91 Do you by any chance find Aladdin less linear than the Teas?
To be more specific, I am referring here in the note weight or the note density if I am making myself clear man...
I mean the Teas being extremely linear that benefits a lot the overall perception of space and air flow between instruments and vocals particularly in the midrange
Thus, the stage of the Teas really takes advantage from that in width and height for sure.....
Just had to ask that....

It has been a long time since I heard the Teas so commenting on subtleties would probably be risky. All I can say is I find note weight on the Aladdin to be very 'balanced', full enough to feel embodied in space and transparent enough to provide depth to that image.

Aug 21, 2021 at 7:20 AM Post #420 of 2,418
It has been a long time since I heard the Teas so commenting on subtleties would probably be risky. All I can say is I find note weight on the Aladdin to be very 'balanced', full enough to feel embodied in space and transparent enough to provide depth to that image.
Super man..... Thanks a lot dude...... 😉

Users who are viewing this thread

Back