Yanyin Discussion thread
Aug 21, 2021 at 9:54 PM Post #421 of 2,418
DD96D1E6-DF9B-4E52-B7F0-D0AB04BF0B4A.jpeg
D1AF6F8D-FC99-494B-8715-0E4DEB2CC02B.jpeg

Aladdin sat down for a photo session before heading out on a mini tour.

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2021 at 10:26 AM Post #422 of 2,418
which kind of cable do you think will give the Aladdin a stronger bass end?
Sorry it took a while. I finally got around to do some cable checking on the Aladdin. The best bang for buck price wise for a bit more bass infused Aladdin are these. I like this particular cable on my MEST as well but this cable being a UPOCC higher end copper variety definitely gives the low end on the Aladdin some priority.
DSC08736.JPG

These will be on sale here in a day from something like $109 to $50.. For $50 these are completely worth a boot. They are called BLocc cables on NiceHCK web site
you can find them here. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/400....store_pc_groupList.8148356.12.ec647019AqQuio

Now for something a bit higher up as far as cables goes. Since the Aladdin shows very good transparency for the sonics and is more neutrally tuned, I like a cable that colors the sound a bit which ends up synergizing with the Aladdin very nicely

These are cables I was using on the Blessing 2 as those definitely needed a cable to enhance and give it a bit more dynamics. It does the same thing for the Aladdin as it widens and deepens stage. Sounds fantastic on the Aladdin. Penon GS849 cables These are the next level up from the BLoccs but for folks that want more bass enhancement go with the Bloccs. The GS849 at $159 is more spendy but worth the investment for the best version of the Aladdin. It incorporates silver plating and a bit of gold plating in the mix with a base OCC copper cable with thicker cores. These pretty much enhance everything about the Aladdin and not just one aspect. Penon used to charge $220 or something like that for these by the way. https://penonaudio.com/penon-gs849.html

DSC08737.JPG

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2021 at 11:00 AM Post #423 of 2,418
Sorry it took a while. I finally got around to do some cable checking on the Aladdin. The best bang for buck price wise for a bit more bass infused Aladdin are these. I like this particular cable on my MEST as well but this cable being a UPOCC higher end copper variety definitely gives the low end on the Aladdin some priority.
DSC08736.JPG

These will be on sale here in a day from something like $109 to $50.. For $50 these are completely worth a boot. They are called BLocc cables on NiceHCK web site
you can find them here. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/400....store_pc_groupList.8148356.12.ec647019AqQuio

Now for something a bit higher up as far as cables goes. Since the Aladdin shows very good transparency for the sonics and is more neutrally tuned, I like a cable that colors the sound a bit which ends up synergizing with the Aladdin very nicely

These are cables I was using on the Blessing 2 as those definitely needed a cable to enhance and give it a bit more dynamics. It does the same thing for the Aladdin as it widens and deepens stage. Sounds fantastic on the Aladdin. Penon GS849 cables These are the next level up from the BLoccs but for folks that want more bass enhancement go with the Bloccs. The GS849 at $159 is more spendy but worth the investment for the best version of the Aladdin. It incorporates silver plating and a bit of gold plating in the mix with a base OCC copper cable with thicker cores. These pretty much enhance everything about the Aladdin and not just one aspect. Penon used to charge $220 or something like that for these by the way. https://penonaudio.com/penon-gs849.html

DSC08737.JPG
Wish the BLoccs didn't come with what seam to be ear guides, they look very comfortable otherwise

Aug 23, 2021 at 5:46 PM Post #425 of 2,418
OOTB impressions:
  • Smooth, balanced, inoffensive tonality.
  • Female vocals are excellent
  • Midrange has a nice amount of air without sounding thin
  • I prefer a touch more warmth
Will listen more critically for a couple days and report back.

Edit: These have pretty distinct BA timbre, especially in treble. I prefer Sonion BAs.

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2021 at 6:19 AM Post #428 of 2,418
OOTB impressions:
  • Smooth, balanced, inoffensive tonality.
  • Female vocals are excellent
  • Midrange has a nice amount of air without sounding thin
  • I prefer a touch more warmth
Will listen more critically for a couple days and report back.

Edit: These have pretty distinct BA timbre, especially in treble. I prefer Sonion BAs.
What about the low end?

Aug 24, 2021 at 6:53 AM Post #429 of 2,418
Aug 24, 2021 at 10:00 AM Post #430 of 2,418
What about the low end?
Controlled. Sub-bass can go deep when required but it is nothing like the Globe. Mid-bass sounds pretty neutral. Pretty much exactly what you'd expect from the graph.

Aug 24, 2021 at 10:05 AM Post #431 of 2,418
Controlled. Sub-bass can go deep when required but it is nothing like the Globe. Mid-bass sounds pretty neutral. Pretty much exactly what you'd expect from the graph.

I see...mine got delivered today, but I cannot listen to them till next week...I am honestly scared what is waiting for me, as I prefer a fuller low end with a good midbass thump.

Aug 24, 2021 at 10:14 AM Post #432 of 2,418
I see...mine got delivered today, but I cannot listen to them till next week...I am honestly scared what is waiting for me, as I prefer a fuller low end with a good midbass thump.
Im a bit of a mid-bass head and I find the quantity/texture to be "acceptable". Not really any warmth to speak of in the mid-bass / lower mids area. Definitely Harman-ish in that regard.

Aug 24, 2021 at 10:33 AM Post #433 of 2,418
Im a bit of a mid-bass head and I find the quantity/texture to be "acceptable". Not really any warmth to speak of in the mid-bass / lower mids area. Definitely Harman-ish in that regard.
That gives me hope...

Aug 24, 2021 at 11:28 AM Post #434 of 2,418
My Aladdin is now listed for sale.

Aug 24, 2021 at 1:17 PM Post #435 of 2,418

If you purchased on the basis of the graph and reports so far, I think you're safe. All the feedback is exactly what I hear down there. It's a controlled, subbass presence when needed and middbass has what I would consider a softer impact to it. This is all pretty much what the graphs reflect!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back