Yanyin Discussion thread
Aug 5, 2021 at 9:44 AM Post #108 of 2,418
That vent looks huge, how is the isolation? Imagine they're not great for mowing the grass with.
Isolation is not bad. It is about average for resin designs which resin does a better job than something like a plastic or metal shells. I would guess the passive isolation to be around 25-26dbs which is actually pretty good.

Nice cable too!
Golden armour. Tried the cable on the Aladdin for the first time last night. Couldn't take it off.

Funny, I suggested to Penon a while ago that they need to make a gold plated silver cable not knowing they already had it on their web site.

Gonna have to do a review eventaully about this cable. It is right up there with the Totem and ISN Solar.

Aug 6, 2021 at 2:55 AM Post #110 of 2,418
First impressions of the Yanyin Aladdin are very good out of the box. Clean, precise, full of detail and with an awesome capacity to image sound on the stage. They are implementing 3BAs expertly here. I doubt that early adopters will be disappointed.

I'll have a review up after some more time with them, plus burn in.

_DSC2254.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2021 at 3:04 AM Post #111 of 2,418
First impressions of the Yanyin Aladdin are very good out of the box. Clean, precise, full of detail and with an awesome capacity to image sound on the stage. They are implementing 3BAs expertly here. I doubt that early adopters will be disappointed.

_DSC2254.jpg
Hallelujah!! Please provide a comparison with 3DT as well...how is the bass of Aladdin?

Aug 6, 2021 at 3:28 AM Post #112 of 2,418
Hallelujah!! Please provide a comparison with 3DT as well...how is the bass of Aladdin?

Bare in mind this is only after about 5 or 6 hours with the Aladdin...

I think it needs to be stated here that the 3DT and the Aladdin are two very different tunings. So a case of 'better' or 'worse' will come almost entirely down to personal preference.

The Aladdins bass has more texture and detail. It took me about half an hour to adjust to less midbass impact than I'm typically used to but once you're settled in, the tuning repays with detail and natural timbre that is often veiled by midbass 'boom'. Thankfully the driver extends very low to give you a tastleful subbass thump to keep it fun.

The overall tonality of Aladdin is very different to the 3DT. I hear the Aladdin as leaner, cooler and with greater treble detail and extension (not surprising given the DD treble of the 3DT).

I think the Aladdin is a better all-rounder than the 3DT, I've not found a genre that the Aladdin struggles with so far (I've yet to listen to my classical library). For my preferences I would pair this with a warm source.

At the price, it's great value.

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2021 at 3:35 AM Post #113 of 2,418
Bare in mind this is only after about 5 or 6 hours with the Aladdin...

I think it needs to be stated here that the 3DT and the Aladdin are two very different tunings. So a case of 'better' or 'worse' will come almost entirely down to personal preference.

The Aladdins bass has more texture and detail. It took me about half an hour to adjust to less midbass impact than I'm typically used to but once you're settled in, the tuning repays with detail and natural timbre that is often veiled by midbass 'boom'. Thankfully the driver extends very low to give you a tastleful subbass thump to keep it fun.

The overall tonality of Aladdin is very different, however. I hear the Aladdin as leaner, cooler and with greater treble detail and extension (not surprising given the DD treble of the 3DT).

I think the Aladdin is a better all-rounder than the 3DT, I've not found a genre that the Aladdin struggles with so far (I've yet to listen to my classical library). For my preferences I would pair this with a warm source.

At the price, it's great value.
Does it have more subbass rumble with deeper reach but less midbass slam than 3DT?

Aug 6, 2021 at 4:24 AM Post #114 of 2,418
Does it have more subbass rumble with deeper reach but less midbass slam than 3DT?
When is yours coming ?? Currently my POLA shell is broken so I have to take a step back and send these iems to china for reshelling about 200$ would be used, so I cant buy this but maybe can I have a listen once you get it ?
@Dsnuts Sorry man , was too excited to buy one but I guess I have to wait Now :frowning2:
photo_2021-08-04_19-13-52.jpg

Aug 6, 2021 at 4:25 AM Post #115 of 2,418

How is the aladin with tubes ? does it work with it , I have got an hybrid and i love the tonality this adds to the music !!!

Aug 6, 2021 at 4:38 AM Post #116 of 2,418
When is yours coming ?? Currently my POLA shell is broken so I have to take a step back and send these iems to china for reshelling about 200$ would be used, so I cant buy this but maybe can I have a listen once you get it ?
@Dsnuts Sorry man , was too excited to buy one but I guess I have to wait Now :frowning2: photo_2021-08-04_19-13-52.jpg
Shipped today, expecting by end of August.

Aug 6, 2021 at 5:19 AM Post #118 of 2,418

Less subbass rumble, similar extension down low, less midbass slam. This is actually one of the main parts of the tuning that makes it so versatile with my library. You have a good balance across the bass of fun but detailed. I'm also impressed by the natural tone and decay of bass instruments. I think it's the bio-cellulose/biologic diaphragm at play here that has more natural resonant properties than some metal coated DDs.

How is the aladin with tubes ? does it work with it , I have got an hybrid and i love the tonality this adds to the music !!!

Works great on the Korg Nutubes of the Cayin C9. I haven't tried it yet on traditional tubes.

Not holding my breath though, with their low impedance, there will probably be lots of noise.

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2021 at 5:25 AM Post #119 of 2,418
Ah yes, mine has changed to "shipped" finally too. Odd there's no email notification of it.

TBH I'm really not liking this "leaner, cooler" description. Pretty anxious. Neither of those adjectives go along with my recent preferences, and would have been enough to stay my hand.

Edit: How are vocals?

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2021 at 5:38 AM Post #120 of 2,418
Ah yes, mine has changed to "shipped" finally too. Odd there's no email notification of it.

TBH I'm really not liking this "leaner, cooler" description. Pretty anxious. Neither of those adjectives go along with my recent preferences, and would have been enough to stay my hand.

Edit: How are vocals?

Vocals are not bad but they're not some of the best either when I compare them directly to the $600 Isabellae but that would be very unfair. Still very servicable at this price point, especially female vocals.

What IEM are you coming from and what source will you be using?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back