Yanyin Discussion thread
Dec 12, 2022 at 3:54 PM Post #2,116 of 2,418
@Norm5958 and @alex24rus -- you guys please take your arguing off-line. This is a public forum for discussing In-Ear Monitors, and for you to air your grievances with one another.

Thank you.

Dec 12, 2022 at 3:59 PM Post #2,117 of 2,418
Would love to see a Canon vs Norn comparison
Still waiting to receive the replacement Norn from Kinera -- 3 weeks for returned units to get there, 3 more for new ones, I assume, for new ones to arrive.

Still planning to give a brief comparison of the 2 when the Norn arrives. I'm enjoying the Canon, but I still remember the Norn as being a step above what I'm hearing from the Canon now. But the Canon is no slouch.

Dec 12, 2022 at 10:10 PM Post #2,119 of 2,418
moonlight are very good headphones.
They need a little warm-up, about 4 hours, then they will play even better.

I like the bass - there is a lot of it and it is incredibly deep. the middle for someone may seem thin but! it is very detailed and transparent. The upper frequencies are good, but there was not enough energy from the electrostats (they only work for attenuation), in the rest I am very glad that I bought them.

Cons: - the cable, I barely took it out, because there the pins were in a row and bass would be a little less.

Dec 19, 2022 at 7:45 PM Post #2,120 of 2,418
moonlight are very good headphones.
They need a little warm-up, about 4 hours, then they will play even better.

I like the bass - there is a lot of it and it is incredibly deep. the middle for someone may seem thin but! it is very detailed and transparent. The upper frequencies are good, but there was not enough energy from the electrostats (they only work for attenuation), in the rest I am very glad that I bought them.

Cons: - the cable, I barely took it out, because there the pins were in a row and bass would be a little less.
I ended up getting a very inexpensive cable from aliexpress from 11.11 with detachable terminations. I’m not sophisticated enough to say I hear a positive or negative difference from the cable (although I do enjoy running them balanced) but the comfort and cable quality are nice.

The moonlights are criminally under the radar.

Dec 19, 2022 at 9:54 PM Post #2,121 of 2,418
I ended up getting a very inexpensive cable from aliexpress from 11.11 with detachable terminations. I’m not sophisticated enough to say I hear a positive or negative difference from the cable (although I do enjoy running them balanced) but the comfort and cable quality are nice.

The moonlights are criminally under the radar.
I also think that in the first place all the same the comfort of use and then the sound :)
But, for example, NiceHCK Maple ecrease the sq on highs

Jan 8, 2023 at 9:48 AM Post #2,123 of 2,418
The filter on the nozzle of the right iem came off whilst I was changing tips. Sound does not appear affected. Would I be ok to not replace the filter?
If SQ is not affected, then the filter is probably mostly for preventing junk getting inside and blocking the drivers.
You can keep using them "as is", but IEM's life expectancy will be shorter...

Jan 8, 2023 at 3:15 PM Post #2,124 of 2,418
The filter on the nozzle of the right iem came off whilst I was changing tips. Sound does not appear affected. Would I be ok to not replace the filter?
I brought these up to someone else on the thread that was looking for more isolation/bass. These are my preferred tips for this reason AND they remove any driver squelch when adjusting fitting (there is another term for that, but whatever). Notice they have their own filter...

I don't find that they diminish anything, but they do perhaps smooth out the top if you are going for high volume. And the filter isn't just for ear junk - its for anything that could make it in there like dust etc. I have been wearing them for over a decade FWIW.

https://www.complyfoam.com/products/comply-500-series

That is what I would do.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230108-151051-048.png
    Screenshot_20230108-151051-048.png
    741.9 KB · Views: 0
Jan 8, 2023 at 7:00 PM Post #2,125 of 2,418
I brought these up to someone else on the thread that was looking for more isolation/bass. These are my preferred tips for this reason AND they remove any driver squelch when adjusting fitting (there is another term for that, but whatever). Notice they have their own filter...

I don't find that they diminish anything, but they do perhaps smooth out the top if you are going for high volume. And the filter isn't just for ear junk - its for anything that could make it in there like dust etc. I have been wearing them for over a decade FWIW.

https://www.complyfoam.com/products/comply-500-series

That is what I would do.

Thank you mate

Jan 8, 2023 at 7:15 PM Post #2,127 of 2,418
Thanks Ben, it’s likely I’ll end up replacing them when the time comes and they’re kaput
Forgot to ask: Moonlights?

To be fair, the adhesive job on one of my Canon's filters was noticeably questionable upon close inspection. That being said, I am still very impressed with the sound over 5 months now and still find their size/fit to be the best I've had so far. They are so precise IMO that source and mastering mean A LOT, especially when flexing the volume a bit; couldn't ask for more, save a custom fit. I would imagine Moonlights to be just as solid.

Jan 8, 2023 at 9:03 PM Post #2,129 of 2,418
No I would just buy another pair of canons, I can’t justify the price increase for a little bit better performance. The canons are the best iems I have ever owned. Not to be myopic, but I don’t think I need to try anything else.
Love my Canons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back