Yanyin Discussion thread
Oct 28, 2022 at 2:13 PM Post #2,011 of 2,418
I think it is great that you are moving on the Canon; as far as price is concerned, I have seen them dip as low as $270 on Alliexpress, but as others may say so here, you must check the seller and make sure they aren't refurbished etc. I have ordered off of Alliexpress and had zero problems; definitely saved money as well.

I myself dropped the full $350 from Audio46 because they were 3 days away instead of 3 weeks. I had the money and a burning in my ears; at least, that is my excuse.

If you do order from Asia, you can expect about 2 weeks waiting time (once it is shipped/enters customs), as it took a little less than that to receive my Tansio Mirai Sands.

Be sure to let us know what you think.

I personally keep the dips on 1-1-0 and even poor Tool bootlegs sound great - feels like I'm at Coachella 99. 🤘🏻
If they can make bootleg albums and old Misfits albums sound at least "good enough" I know I'll be a happy camper haha

Do you guys like some particular eartips with the Canon? I normally use the spinfit 360 but I'm wondering if I should try something else

Thanks! 🤟

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2022 at 5:39 PM Post #2,012 of 2,418
i saw an interesting recommendation in cable for the mahina/moonlight here, the isn g4. i am considering buying a good cable in the 11.11, maybe get a good price deal.

anybody has any other suggestion that they use with their moonlight/mahina in a similar price range (100-200 usd, because mahina cable is already a very good stock cable)? and, if possible, how it improves your iem in your opinion (if it does at all)?

thx

Oct 28, 2022 at 8:13 PM Post #2,013 of 2,418
If they can make bootleg albums and old Misfits albums sound at least "good enough" I know I'll be a happy camper haha

Do you guys like some particular eartips with the Canon? I normally use the spinfit 360 but I'm wondering if I should try something else

Thanks! 🤟
I found the Moondrop spingtips sounds best for me.

Nov 1, 2022 at 1:50 PM Post #2,016 of 2,418
Any 11.11 deals thread here ?

Nov 1, 2022 at 6:44 PM Post #2,017 of 2,418
Nov 1, 2022 at 10:08 PM Post #2,018 of 2,418
I found the Moondrop spingtips sounds best for me.
I have some from the moondrop chu, trying the medium tips now. I'm feeling a little less bass but need to do a bit more comparitive listening to confirm that as it could just be the tracks i'm listening to. They're comfortable as all git out, which I like.

Nov 1, 2022 at 11:08 PM Post #2,019 of 2,418
I have some from the moondrop chu, trying the medium tips now. I'm feeling a little less bass but need to do a bit more comparitive listening to confirm that as it could just be the tracks i'm listening to. They're comfortable as all git out, which I like.

I just slipped a pair of Spring Tips on a brand new set of Penon Fan 2s. They really are soft and comfortable. Grippy too.

Nov 2, 2022 at 12:46 AM Post #2,020 of 2,418
AliExpress has some 11.11 deals already in effect.
Yeah any thread for best deals for that

There were threads earlier think but don’t see one this year

Nov 2, 2022 at 6:47 PM Post #2,021 of 2,418
I’m really bad with technical sound terms so I’ll do my best to ask this question, do the Moonlights have warm shiny vocals or are they just soft with no shimmer? Also are they worth the jump from the Canon?

Nov 3, 2022 at 2:09 AM Post #2,022 of 2,418
The vocals on Moonlight sound full-fledged. And there is no need to move away from Canon at all. I have both pairs of these headphones. Canon has a denser sound due to a more elevated bass response and without loss of overall detail. Moonlight has slightly more elevated midrange frequencies, but they also have excellent bass. These are slightly different headphones in setup and it makes no sense to change one to the other, but it's definitely worth buying in addition.

Nov 3, 2022 at 7:35 AM Post #2,023 of 2,418
Sorry, but I have to say this.

After try the mahina, aladdin and canon, I'll share my opinions.

Aladdin. Not bad, nice bass a little bit muddier with average technical perfomance. Bad packaging.

Canon. Probably the most balanced one, with switches that actually work, nice cable, nice packaging.

Mahina. Is it a joke? The worst package Ive ever see on any over 50€ equipment. The sound is so much centered on mids, taking the rest of frequencies covered for shouty voices. Sorry, but this is the last yanyin I'll purchase.

Review and comparison soon...

Nov 3, 2022 at 8:13 AM Post #2,024 of 2,418
Sorry, but I have to say this.

After try the mahina, aladdin and canon, I'll share my opinions.

Aladdin. Not bad, nice bass a little bit muddier with average technical perfomance. Bad packaging.

Canon. Probably the most balanced one, with switches that actually work, nice cable, nice packaging.

Mahina. Is it a joke? The worst package Ive ever see on any over 50€ equipment. The sound is so much centered on mids, taking the rest of frequencies covered for shouty voices. Sorry, but this is the last yanyin I'll purchase.

Review and comparison soon...
I ain't no Yanyin shill, but there's no way the Mahina sounds mid-centric, it's fairly balanced to my ears.

Nov 3, 2022 at 8:57 AM Post #2,025 of 2,418
I ain't no Yanyin shill, but there's no way the Mahina sounds mid-centric, it's fairly balanced to my ears.
Balanced and coherent cant be on the same sentence that mahina.

With some recordings is more forgiving, but uses this pair with any focus-vocal track, and the only thing you are gonna heard is the voices.

And if you go up on the volume to feel the bass, is getting worse...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back