Yanyin Discussion thread
Oct 13, 2022 at 6:21 PM Post #1,982 of 2,418
I understand it's a possibility, since I've worked with manufacturing companies before. Defects are part of the game, but they should not leave the factory.
This is not something that happened months after purchase. The first time i plugged them the defect was apparent. The right IEM didn't provide any sound. It's also unlikely to be a distribution incident, since it's a port issue, that sits inside the IEM.

To deliver something not working right out of the box and then burdening your customer with the return is not the way to build a customer base.

I bought from Hifigo.
Almost 5 months after the original purchase I finally got my replacement Canon's. The lockdowns really slowed down the entire process, with the return package being held multiple times for quarantine purposes.
I have nothing but good things to say about Hifigo's customer service. They paid for the return shipping and were very quick to reply every time I asked for a status update.

The new Canon's have a different cable connection which sits flush with the IEM.

Overall, the Canon's sound quality is very impressive and are a clear jump from the Moondrop Aria.

Oct 13, 2022 at 6:31 PM Post #1,983 of 2,418
Almost 5 months after the original purchase I finally got my replacement Canon's. The lockdowns really slowed down the entire process, with the return package being held multiple times for quarantine purposes.
I have nothing but good things to say about Hifigo's customer service. They paid for the return shipping and were very quick to reply every time I asked for a status update.

The new Canon's have a different cable connection which sits flush with the IEM.

Overall, the Canon's sound quality is very impressive and are a clear jump from the Moondrop Aria.

What’s your favourite configuration of the canon?! Mine is with mids switch on

Oct 15, 2022 at 11:46 AM Post #1,988 of 2,418
Anyone out there using an equalizer for Yanyin Aladdin? I tried AutoEq, but those settings are useless. Aladdin becomes too sibilant and shouty so I rather use them without Eq. That way they sound more balanced.

Oct 15, 2022 at 1:14 PM Post #1,989 of 2,418
What do you guys think of the fit of the Canons? I have rather small ear canals and I'm looking for something I can wear for a long time. For reference, I thibk the moondrop aria are extremely comfortable but the Blessing 2 are just too big.

And bonus questions, how do you guys like them for rock (classic) and metal (stoner/sludge)?

Oct 15, 2022 at 1:23 PM Post #1,990 of 2,418
What do you guys think of the fit of the Canons? I have rather small ear canals and I'm looking for something I can wear for a long time. For reference, I thibk the moondrop aria are extremely comfortable but the Blessing 2 are just too big.

And bonus questions, how do you guys like them for rock (classic) and metal (stoner/sludge)?
I love the fit of the Canons; I consider them medium/small size as far as how large some of these hybrids get. I can listen for hours and fall asleep with them in - bike rides and all, they are snug and comfortable, a great seal and therefore ample noise cancellation.

I have tested them thoroughly and have yet to have anything sound questionable.

From poorly recorded Kinks to brickwalled 10,000 Days (Tool), the Canons make everything I have cast at it sound the best it can.

I couldn't be happier and I tested them against the DUNU Vulkan and Tansio Mirai Sands.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2022 at 1:29 AM Post #1,991 of 2,418
I was a big fan of the Monarch Mk2, except the fit was cause some ear discomfort after an hour or so. I ended up selling them, for that reason and because I wasn't getting enough iem usage. Now that the situation has changed i'm shopping for a good replacement and hoping not to go above the 1k mark into u12t range.

I'd been eyeing the mest mk2, the clairvoyance, or perhaps the oracle mk2. Then the Yanyin moonlight comes from nowhere and attracts my attention. As I listen to some pretty different genres, mainly classical music and 80s/90s/modern alternative I would avoid iems that hit high in one area and fall short in others. I also use iems to catch the occassional netflix/tablet show.

Any impressions or comparisons for the moonlight to those other iems would be so very welcome, especially since it's pretty affordable, comparatively.

Oct 18, 2022 at 3:13 AM Post #1,992 of 2,418
I was a big fan of the Monarch Mk2, except the fit was cause some ear discomfort after an hour or so. I ended up selling them, for that reason and because I wasn't getting enough iem usage. Now that the situation has changed i'm shopping for a good replacement and hoping not to go above the 1k mark into u12t range.

I'd been eyeing the mest mk2, the clairvoyance, or perhaps the oracle mk2. Then the Yanyin moonlight comes from nowhere and attracts my attention. As I listen to some pretty different genres, mainly classical music and 80s/90s/modern alternative I would avoid iems that hit high in one area and fall short in others. I also use iems to catch the occassional netflix/tablet show.

Any impressions or comparisons for the moonlight to those other iems would be so very welcome, especially since it's pretty affordable, comparatively.
Hi.
I can only say that I had the original Oracle, and I was not convinced by its tuning. Some vocals sounded fake to me, and there was some aggressive spike in the treble. Nothing serious, but I was not convinced. I fell in love with the Penon sound with the Serials, and got some second hand Volts and immediately knew what I wanted, and sold the Oracles. The Moonlights are more balanced than the Volts, and the best implementation of the EST drivers among the three. The voices are more advanced, but they sound totally correct. The highs are not aggressive and yet all the instruments sound correct and airy: Cymbals, hi-hats... Of the tribrids I've tried, it's the safest. It sounds good with just about anything, and you focus on enjoying the music, not finding fault with it. As for fit, they are also the IEMs that fit the best of how many I have.

Hope it helps

Oct 24, 2022 at 11:12 AM Post #1,994 of 2,418
I always refer to your meaningful discussions on this forum, thank you.
I've been using the xelento remote for many years, and for some reason mahina came up as a candidate for my next purchase.
Would it be satisfactory if I switched from Xelento to mahina?

Oct 26, 2022 at 10:45 PM Post #1,995 of 2,418
A pair of Moonlights arrived today and I'm giving them a listen with stock tips and cable. Now it's time to try some different tips! If anyone has a suggestion for an inexpensive cable that meshes well with the moonlights (there is the 11.11 sale on aliexpress soon!) of a particular build let me know.

I've seen a couple tip recommendations here, I'll have to scroll back through the forum posts now :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back