Yanyin Discussion thread
Aug 9, 2022 at 8:20 PM Post #1,787 of 2,418
has anyone been had the 7hz dioko alongside the Aladdin? i have been eyeing off the Aladdin and then graphed it and noticed it is very similar to the dioko all the way up to 5k. I have the Dioko and while haven't used it extensively, it has a very lean and cool presentation which is not the feedback on the Aladdin. im curious how it compares particularly in vocal presentation and bass/mid-bass.

i have a feeling that this may be a case where the graph doesnt match what is heard at the ear?

Aug 9, 2022 at 8:25 PM Post #1,788 of 2,418
has anyone been had the 7hz dioko alongside the Aladdin? i have been eyeing off the Aladdin and then graphed it and noticed it is very similar to the dioko all the way up to 5k. I have the Dioko and while haven't used it extensively, it has a very lean and cool presentation which is not the feedback on the Aladdin. im curious how it compares particularly in vocal presentation and bass/mid-bass.

i have a feeling that this may be a case where the graph doesnt match what is heard at the ear?
You're still looking at graphs, tho?

Aug 9, 2022 at 8:25 PM Post #1,789 of 2,418

I don't have the Timless any more but Now the Canon ,I will make some observations that I experienced. The Timeless wowed me until I heard the staging of the Obsidian OH10 and subsequently out went the Timeless as I finally realized what I was missing. As for the Yanyin I am sure the bass will be like the Canon and be more substantial in sub bass quality, where the Timeless was fast and tight the Yanyin has warmth and body the bass I enjoy more.

Hope that helps J

Aug 10, 2022 at 8:59 AM Post #1,793 of 2,418
I'm extremely interested in your take on it, I'll probably go for either this or the original. I wonder which one can handle extreme metal better😀

I'm not sure I can help you there. The most I touch metal is some progressive stuff, but not much.

Aug 10, 2022 at 11:00 AM Post #1,797 of 2,418
IMG_20220810_112745.jpg

graph_-_2022-08-10T112139.687.png

Yanyin x HBB Mahina in the house.

That graph looks great! No channel imbalance either 👍. Looking forward to your impressions

Aug 10, 2022 at 12:10 PM Post #1,798 of 2,418
Guys, would an average listener be able to perceive the sound difference between a yanyin Aladdin and a Moonlight?
Absolutely. It might take 2-3 of your favorite tracks but once you acclimate to the sound of the Moonlight it will be more apparently different/ drop off in details when going back to the Aladdin and then relisten to the same tracks.

That is regardless of what level of enthusiast a person is.

Aug 10, 2022 at 12:18 PM Post #1,799 of 2,418
Absolutely. It might take 2-3 of your favorite tracks but once you acclimate to the sound of the Moonlight it will be more apparently different/ drop off in details when going back to the Aladdin and then relisten to the same tracks.

That is regardless of what level of enthusiast a person is.
My only concern with the Moonlight so far is the mids can be a tad too forward....Anyone else hear this? Does it resolve after full burn in?

Aug 10, 2022 at 12:21 PM Post #1,800 of 2,418
I would do some tip rolling. Try some wider bored tips will lessen the forwardness. Forwardish mids are one of the better aspects of the moonlights for me anyways. If your used to earphones or headphones with a V or U shaped tuning the Moonlight might sound a bit foward for you..

Try some different tips should fix that up for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back