Yanyin Discussion thread
Aug 10, 2022 at 12:22 PM Post #1,801 of 2,418
I would do some tip rolling. Try some wider bored tips will lessen the forwardness. Forwardish mids are one of the better aspects of the moonlights for me anyways. If your used to earphones or headphones with a V or U shaped tuning the Moonlight might sound a bit foward for you..

Try some different tips should fix that up for you.
I am using Spiral dots which seem rather wide bore. It's not all the time just certain songs...like what I'm listening to now sounds perfect, but the next shuffled song may have vocals too forward.... But I will tip roll. I have those Horn tips I got with vortex, I'll try those...

20220810_122256.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2022 at 12:48 PM Post #1,802 of 2,418
Try a set of Azla sendafits which is not only wide but sits longer on the nozzle as well. It is all about getting the right tips for how you want to get that sound channeled to your ears. Epros should be similar but I only wish Epros was using a bit of a thicker silicone. They are a bit flimsy in the ear so depending on how they fit a persons ear will they work well or not.

One way to mitigating that is by using KZ starlight tips and inverting them. Look at vid at bottom of page. Does the exact same thing Epros does but with a stiffer silicone.
1660149942243.png

What is great about this tip mod is that you can try this with just about any tip. All them tips just collecting dust manufacturers throw in a box? Try those first. I like KZs as it is using a thicker silicone and the insides of them have a sticky surface. Not only are you getting a horn shape path to the ear but you noticed toward the end of the finished inversion. The stem of the tip now sits longer on an earphone as well.

Some earphones sound better with a longer stem. Some with shorter stem but if a longer stemmed tip is needed this mod is excellent for that.

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2022 at 1:01 PM Post #1,803 of 2,418
Try a set of Azla sendafits which is not only wide but sits longer on the nozzle as well. It is all about getting the right tips for how you want to get that sound channeled to your ears. Epros should be similar but I only wish Epros was using a bit of a thicker silicone. They are a bit flimsy in the ear so depending on how they fit a persons ear will they work well or not.

One way to mitigating that is by using KZ starlight tips and inverting them. Look at vid at bottom of page. Does the exact same thing Epros does but with a stiffer silicone.
1660149942243.png

What is great about this tip mod is that you can try this with just about any tip. All them tips just collecting dust manufacturers throw in a box? Try those first. I like KZs as it is using a thicker silicone and the insides of them have a sticky surface. Not only are you getting a horn shape path to the ear but you noticed toward the end of the finished inversion. The stem of the tip now sits longer on an earphone as well.

Some earphones sound better with a longer stem. Some with shorter stem but if a longer stemmed tip is needed this mod is excellent for that.

I hate Azla, just sold all my azla tips today in fact, so thats a no go.... Will try the mod, tho! Thanks...!

Aug 10, 2022 at 3:20 PM Post #1,806 of 2,418
But is this harsh or just not your preference tuning?
I am sensitive to forward mids, thqts why im hoping its a burn in thing

Aug 10, 2022 at 3:34 PM Post #1,807 of 2,418
Guys, would an average listener be able to perceive the sound difference between a yanyin Aladdin and a Moonlight?
I'm a very average listener who upgraded from the Aladdin to Moonlight.

The Moonlight is a noticable upgrade in detail, soundstage and layering. It's so much more immersive, and definitely enhanced the listening enjoyment for me. The additional (but still refrained) bass impact on the Moonlight also makes it more versatile than the Aladdin. I found the Aladdin enjoyable for vocals and acoustics, but lacking on electronic genres. The Moonlight does everything well.

Diminishing returns are real, but the returns are still significant up to this point.

Aug 10, 2022 at 9:12 PM Post #1,808 of 2,418
The Moonlight loves EDM, it just seams to come alive! Also 1 more day of burn in and it is opening up...starting to hear micro dynamics, kicks like a mule when it needs to.. I have had it a week now, really love it.

Aug 11, 2022 at 11:09 AM Post #1,810 of 2,418
In short, no matter how much you praise your Moonlight here, it was enough for me to compare the videos of this blogger to understand that the high frequencies in them suck. Or people are already so deaf that they do not hear the lack of shine at high frequencies, or they are so sensitive to high frequencies that they give everyone deaf headphones without high frequencies. When Moonlight arrives, I'll listen and send them to the flea market. The conversation is over, without any hope for a better outcome.

Aug 11, 2022 at 11:14 AM Post #1,811 of 2,418
In short, no matter how much you praise your Moonlight here, it was enough for me to compare the videos of this blogger to understand that the high frequencies in them suck. Or people are already so deaf that they do not hear the lack of shine at high frequencies, or they are so sensitive to high frequencies that they give everyone deaf headphones without high frequencies. When Moonlight arrives, I'll listen and send them to the flea market. The conversation is over, without any hope for a better outcome.

I think the Moonlight treble is fine. Maybe you're the problem?

Aug 11, 2022 at 11:20 AM Post #1,813 of 2,418
How can there be a problem in me if I like extended treble? My hearing is fine. Why do I need headphones without brilliant high frequencies, which they are not?
I'm talking about your attitude, Russia boy.

Aug 11, 2022 at 11:53 AM Post #1,815 of 2,418
Ok folks lets chill with the personal attacks. @alex24rus Have you seen an actual owner of the Moonlight 1) say the treble is not good? 2) Sell their moonlights?

Answer that for me. You would do best to get them first and take a good listen. If you feel you need more treble even after you listen that is one thing but the moonlight does not lack treble in any way or form. It is not a good idea to think they have neutered treble based on a graph. Take a good listen first and see what you think and go from there. If they are not to your liking. I bet you can resell those in a hurry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back