Yamamoto Sound Craft HA-02
Sep 6, 2007 at 5:04 PM Post #526 of 1,351
Shiosai,

Quote:

So far, my only complain is the bass. It's loose, woolly and poorly controlled.

Glad to hear that you're enjoying your new Yammy. In my experience, the bass will tighten up a bit as the hours build up. Hope that's the case with yours as well - YMMV.

Cheers,
Garry

Sep 6, 2007 at 6:21 PM Post #527 of 1,351
Quote:

Originally Posted by braillediver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I noticed in the Headphone Forum Nik has the HA-02 and likes the GS1000 with it. Nik's had some of the best gear ever made so that speaks highly of the Yamamoto.

RS-1's? I've got another pair do they need the Yamamoto to sing?

Mitch

Interesting blessingx who is a big GS1k fan listened to his with my Yamamoto HA-02 and thought it was not a good matchup at all.

Sep 7, 2007 at 2:03 AM Post #528 of 1,351
Quote:

Mitch

Judging from how the HF-1 sounds with the Yamamoto, my vote is assuredly.

Sep 7, 2007 at 2:24 AM Post #529 of 1,351
Quote:

Mitch

as the op and therefore the person responsible for my purchasing one(and another 2 AT phones to go with it) I say you most certainly need one...if only to keep your lovely power amp company.

Sep 7, 2007 at 2:46 AM Post #530 of 1,351
Quote:

Originally Posted by Superpredator /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Judging from how the HF-1 sounds with the Yamamoto, my vote is assuredly.

assuredly what?
confused.gif
looking at your sig i'm guessing you approve of the match...right?

Sep 7, 2007 at 3:12 AM Post #531 of 1,351
Quote:

Originally Posted by kugino /img/forum/go_quote.gif
assuredly what?
confused.gif
looking at your sig i'm guessing you approve of the match...right?

Assuredly assuredly.
smily_headphones1.gif

I had a couple weeks of loan time with an RS-1. Me thinks it might be time for an upgrade.

Sep 7, 2007 at 4:17 AM Post #532 of 1,351
Quote:

Originally Posted by Superpredator /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Assuredly assuredly.
smily_headphones1.gif

I had a couple weeks of loan time with an RS-1. Me thinks it might be time for an upgrade.

the rs-1 is really a great headphone...i owned a pair a couple years ago before downsizing my collection. though not in the same league as the rs-1 i like the hf-1's sound so i think my next purchase is a woody audio technica...waiting for a FS to come up at a good price. perhaps the denon d5000 will do for a while? who around here pairs the denon with the yamamoto?

Sep 7, 2007 at 9:01 AM Post #533 of 1,351
I have had my HA-02 for a little over a day now and have been very impressed with my present setup ( which is in my Sig) none more so than when I decided it was time to change CD's to The Cello Suits by Yo-Yo Ma, wow the tonal quality of the cello is amazing, right now I am one happy camper.

Sep 7, 2007 at 9:26 AM Post #534 of 1,351
Gav,

Quote:

I have had my HA-02 for a little over a day now and have been very impressed with my present setup ( which is in my Sig) none more so than when I decided it was time to change CD's to The Cello Suits by Yo-Yo Ma, wow the tonal quality of the cello is amazing, right now I am one happy camper.

Glad that you're enjoying it. Agree with you that the tonal quality that comes through is exceptional and, IMO, is the Yammy's strong suit with saturation and decay a close second.

From all I've heard about the Droplet, you are probably in mid-range nirvana. Let's see - keep what I've got and post on Head-Fi or spring for the Droplet
dribble.gif
and, with help from the Missus , post on Dead-Fi
13-00000014.gif

Now, we all know what the answer here is . . .
getmecoat.gif

Cheers,
Garry

Sep 7, 2007 at 10:11 AM Post #535 of 1,351
Ever since I decided to induge in some Headphone gear I always kept in the back of my mind that the valves in the Droplet & the Yamamoto HA-02 were a good team, all wishfull thinking of course, but it appears to have worked out well, especially as their coulor is exactly identical.

At the time I baught the Droplet I beleve the local dealer for Consonance was selling consonance gear at the cheepest price on the planet, I think I payed arround 2600 Austrailian dollars for it, still alot of money but at the time I thought I better grab one before the price goes up.
3000smile.gif

I have herd that the Raysonic is a great unit
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 7, 2007 at 11:39 AM Post #536 of 1,351
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gav /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I decided it was time to change CD's to The Cello Suits by Yo-Yo Ma, wow the tonal quality of the cello is amazing, right now I am one happy camper.

I'm happy to hear that because that's a piece I love (owning 3 versions). I guess I will have to give more thought to the Consonance CDP line.. What headphones were you using? W5000s? Normally my HD595s edge out on classical music but I do love my AD2000 for the suites..

Sep 7, 2007 at 8:32 PM Post #537 of 1,351
Quote:

Originally Posted by wower /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm happy to hear that because that's a piece I love (owning 3 versions). I guess I will have to give more thought to the Consonance CDP line.. What headphones were you using? W5000s? Normally my HD595s edge out on classical music but I do love my AD2000 for the suites..

I am using the W5000, this is my first headphone setup, I have nothing to compare it to prior to this, what are the 3 versions you have.

Sep 7, 2007 at 10:38 PM Post #538 of 1,351
I made a rough count and it appears that there are somewhere near 20 people that have or will have the Yamamoto HA-02. This is quite a number.

Sep 7, 2007 at 11:13 PM Post #539 of 1,351
I received my (pre-owned) HA-02 yesterday, and I'm pleased to be one of the ~20 owners. I've only listened using it for an hour or so, but I'm quite impressed by its beautiful midrange (with W5000). There is an interesting soundstage, too -- but I've never been able to get used to having it around my head. To me, headphones produce a soundstage that is natural only if you view yourself as lying on the ground, head toward the stage.

Sep 7, 2007 at 11:20 PM Post #540 of 1,351
gav, damn it! why do u have to live so far away? damn it, i really love to listen to that setup of yours. i saw that consonance droplet on sale last time on sna forum for about 1k aud , but was too late. i heard they are about 3k aud new now, is it? i believe the consonance are from hong kong?
superpredator: that storm dac must be working very well with your yammy? i am thinking to get the storm pandora dac to pair with my arriving yammy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back