Yamamoto Sound Craft HA-02
Sep 3, 2007 at 2:55 PM Post #496 of 1,351
Hopefully by the middle of Sept I will also have my new Line Router which is passive, designed for switching between inputs and outputs. I ordered one with four inputs and two outputs. Well since this is simply straight wire I also should be able to configure this with a single input and four outputs for any comparisons.

Oppo digital output into the Lavry to Router to either of microZOTL, Yamamoto, HA5000 or my Xin Reference. I mostly use RCAs from the router that came from Bettercables. The cable to the Reference will be the one that with the Yamamoto to connect my UE9. The cable from the Lavry to the router will be of better quality. Since I don't have four headphones of the same model I guess I will have to swap my UE9 into each amp as I switch the feed to the right selector position. Look Mom, very little cable re-arranging.
wink.gif

Line router here:http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showpo...&postcount=105

This could facilitate a completely blind test of all four amps if I have my wife connect the cables to from the Router to the amps in a random fashion and cover them before I attempt a comparison. Yea, great ideal. Except for that Reference where I may be able to see a different cable going to the amp. But the other two or three would look the same coming from the amps just having the router covered after she connects the end points.

Sep 3, 2007 at 2:59 PM Post #497 of 1,351
Quote:

Originally Posted by shiosai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
my HA-02 was shipped on last friday (8/31) by EMS, hopefully it will be here within a week.
smily_headphones1.gif

May the force be with you ...
biggrin.gif

Sep 3, 2007 at 3:06 PM Post #498 of 1,351
Quote:

Originally Posted by GarryH /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Lamprologus

Here's some brief thoughts about the these two amps that I've shared with other members . . .

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Garry

I think you have made a fair representation for the Yammy, the Opera, I cannot comment on ... :frowning2:

Thanks,

Sep 3, 2007 at 4:38 PM Post #499 of 1,351
Quote:

Of course, if you're preference is SS over tubes, then yes, the Opera would be the way to go.

I don't have any preference for one over the other.

In my main speaker rig I have had tube pre-amps for the better part of the last 15 years. I tried a SS pre-amp for a short while because it was said to have a very tube like sound (and also got rave reviews in some magazines). The funny thing was that it sounded nothing like my previous tube amp, the SS amp was veiled, muddy, limited at both frequency extremes, and totally lacking midrange magic. Maybe I prefer tube constructions that sound like SS?

Anyway, the Yamamoto may work well with the D2000 I have. It's a low impedance headphone (as are most of the cans I like) if that's of any importance. I think the D2000 are very good but there are times when I find the midrange to lack some "life" (or maybe I should say that the sound can at times be too polite). Maybe the Yamamoto can cure this?

Sep 3, 2007 at 5:29 PM Post #500 of 1,351
Lamprologus,

Quote:

I think the D2000 are very good but there are times when I find the midrange to lack some "life" (or maybe I should say that the sound can at times be too polite). Maybe the Yamamoto can cure this?

Well, well, well . . . if you're in need of a little midrange magic to resussitate the Denons then, IMO, the Yammy is just what the Doctor ordered
thumbs_up.gif

Cheers,
Garry

Sep 4, 2007 at 6:59 AM Post #501 of 1,351
Quote:

Hi Livy,

Great news! Looking forward to your impressions
cool.gif

Cheers,
Garry

I am really grateful to the head-fiers here, especially Garry and Gene, for their help and comments that made me decided to purchase the amp. The amp actually arrived yesterday but I had to collect them directly from post office because of tax & duty.

It's a very quiet amp, with no music playing and the volume knob turned to the loudest, I hear no hum/hiss/noise, with my w5000, edition 9, RS1 or HD600. I was expecting to hear hissing on it but none at all, dead quiet very impressive here
smily_headphones1.gif
Only when playing the music, I heard slight hissing and I think the noise mainly coming from the recordings not the amp.

It would be too early to come to any conclusion, but my impressions for this amp is very positive so far. Will come back to you guys later...

Sep 4, 2007 at 8:07 AM Post #502 of 1,351
Quote:

Originally Posted by shiosai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am really grateful to the head-fiers here, especially Garry and Gene, for their help and comments that made me decided to purchase the amp. The amp actually arrived yesterday but I had to collect them directly from post office because of tax & duty.

It's a very quiet amp, with no music playing and the volume knob turned to the loudest, I hear no hum/hiss/noise, with my w5000, edition 9, RS1 or HD600. I was expecting to hear hissing on it but none at all, dead quiet very impressive here
smily_headphones1.gif
Only when playing the music, I heard slight hissing and I think the noise mainly coming from the recordings not the amp.

It would be too early to come to any conclusion, but my impressions for this amp is very positive so far. Will come back to you guys later...

welcome to the club.

Sep 4, 2007 at 5:05 PM Post #503 of 1,351
i just bought the Yamamoto that was in the FS section...really looking forward to it. for now it will be mated with the k701 and the hf-1, though i know many here do not find the match with the k701 to be very good. we'll see.

i've been looking to get a nice pair of closed cans and i have my eyes set on the woody AT series...perhaps the w5000 or maybe even the w2002 if i can find a good used pair. while the w1000 may have good synergy with this amp i'm wary of it being a one-show pony...but you may persuade me otherwise. suffice it to say, i'm excited to receive this beautiful piece of work next week...
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 5, 2007 at 3:54 AM Post #504 of 1,351
My HA-02 (ordered from Brian at Venus Hi-Fi) arrived today, and I'm listening to it right now, using an ALO Rewired K701. The only word for the sound is "magnificent." When the volume is turned to max, and with nothing playing, the amp is dead quiet. Thank you agile_one, for introducing me to this magical headphone/amp. combo.

Sep 5, 2007 at 5:22 AM Post #505 of 1,351
Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My HA-02 (ordered from Brian at Venus Hi-Fi) arrived today, and I'm listening to it right now, using an ALO Rewired K701. The only word for the sound is "magnificent." When the volume is turned to max, and with nothing playing, the amp is dead quiet. Thank you agile_one, for introducing me to this magical headphone/amp. combo.

so the ha-02/k701 combination works? or is it the recabled k701 that works?

either way, a new woodie headphone is in my future...i know it!

Sep 5, 2007 at 9:00 AM Post #506 of 1,351
Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeg /img/forum/go_quote.gif

6/29 when you ordered to 9/3, appears to be coming faster. I noticed that a few people on other boards have just gotten theirs as well. Eight weeks appears to be the magic period now. So Sept 17th might be doable for me.

Sep 5, 2007 at 10:04 AM Post #507 of 1,351
I have been waiting since the end of May for mine which is a shade over 3 mounths, it is due tomorrow (thursday) if not thursday it will be monday as friday has been declared a public holiday due to George Bush's visit it our city for the APEC meeting.

Sep 5, 2007 at 10:17 AM Post #508 of 1,351
hey gav, good to hear that yours coming soon. please give your impression when u received yours. i got email from warwick ,( our local aussie dealer) mine will be here in about 2 weeks. yahoo! finally the wait is almost over for me. so excited. i have to say thank you here to garryh and tuatara, thanks for their time and patient on giving me advise and their impressions of this amp.

Sep 5, 2007 at 2:57 PM Post #509 of 1,351
Gentlemen,

Glad to hear that deliveries are happening and doing so at quicker pace.

>>>> Shoisai - Congrats & looking forward to more in depth observations from you.

>>>> Minivan - No worries mate - the time will pass quickly.

>>>> Gav - Don't think that you're going to get off so easy
biggrin.gif
- we'll want to see observations and pics too!

Cheers,
Garry

Sep 5, 2007 at 5:50 PM Post #510 of 1,351
Hot lunch, my HA-02 is waiting for me at home. I see an amp liquidation sale in my future. Impressions and possibly tears of joy to follow. I spoke with my W2002, and she put on her best dress.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back