Yamamoto Sound Craft HA-02
Sep 5, 2007 at 6:24 PM Post #511 of 1,351
SuperP,

Wow . . . good news all around today.

Quote:

Hot lunch, my HA-02 is waiting for me at home. I see an amp liquidation sale in my future. Impressions and possibly tears of joy to follow. I spoke with my W2002, and she put on her best dress.

Sounds like things are goin' to get hot and heavy
5.gif
in your neck of the woods. You know the rules - we'll be expecting impressions and/or pics asap.

It's getting late here . . . time for me to catch some sleep
getmecoat.gif

Cheers,
Garry

Sep 5, 2007 at 7:31 PM Post #512 of 1,351
Hmmm...is that why you guys call it "Yummy"
wink.gif

Nice snatch SuperP...I mean your new amp and your understanding wife
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by GarryH /img/forum/go_quote.gif
SuperP,

Wow . . . good news all around today.

Sounds like things are goin' to get hot and heavy
5.gif
in your neck of the woods. You know the rules - we'll be expecting impressions and/or pics asap.

It's getting late here . . . time for me to catch some sleep
getmecoat.gif

Cheers,
Garry

Sep 5, 2007 at 7:44 PM Post #513 of 1,351
Quote:

Originally Posted by Superpredator /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hot lunch, my HA-02 is waiting for me at home. I see an amp liquidation sale in my future. Impressions and possibly tears of joy to follow. I spoke with my W2002, and she put on her best dress.

I"ll be interested to hear how the Yamamoto fares with your 2 AT woodies.
Put the W5000s in last night, first time with the HA-02 for a while(its been engauged with the Meier Opera)...sounds even better than I remember, maybe the ATs are still opening up as I dont have huge hours on them.
Good to see the delivery times are coming down.

Sep 5, 2007 at 8:24 PM Post #514 of 1,351
Quote:

This is the first seven week delivery we have seen.

Great news.

Sep 6, 2007 at 1:05 AM Post #515 of 1,351
Oh that's nice. Oh yes. I shall have some more of you yes I shall. Too early to post anything for sure as I'm only on my second track, but I'm only on my second track and I'm smiling already.

Quote:

Originally Posted by slwiser /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is the first seven week delivery we have seen.

Great news.

Ordered July 9, delivered September 4 (was at the post office yesterday according to tracking).

Sep 6, 2007 at 8:36 AM Post #516 of 1,351
Quote:

Originally Posted by minivan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hey gav, good to hear that yours coming soon. please give your impression when u received yours. i got email from warwick ,( our local aussie dealer) mine will be here in about 2 weeks. yahoo! finally the wait is almost over for me. so excited. i have to say thank you here to garryh and tuatara, thanks for their time and patient on giving me advise and their impressions of this amp.

Mine has arrived a few hours ago ( yahoo )
I have started the burn in period, I herd that it takes up to 400hr for it to be fully burnt in, true or false?
It sounds very nice to me straight out of the box

Sep 6, 2007 at 8:47 AM Post #517 of 1,351
Quote:

Originally Posted by GarryH /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Gentlemen,

Glad to hear that deliveries are happening and doing so at quicker pace.

>>>> Gav - Don't think that you're going to get off so easy
biggrin.gif
- we'll want to see observations and pics too!

Cheers,
Garry

I will certainly manage a few photos somewhere along the line, I will have to get my Tripod back home before I take some photo's may be some time on the weekend

Sep 6, 2007 at 2:03 PM Post #519 of 1,351
Quote:

Originally Posted by minivan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thanks gav, and superpredator. looking forward to hear more about your impression of the amp.

The short of it thus far is that the HA-02 has satisfied the urge to move into a higher tier of sound. The last amp to seriously impress me was the M^3. I got the CanAmp and the EC/SS purely as an exercise in discovering what the current "value amps" sound like, and to get a sense for the value and sound quality of the M^3. All three are nice in their own way, but right out of the box the HA-02 is clearly a tier above. Just in terms of sound quality I feel the HA-02 is worth its price, and it's very nice to finally hear an improvement in the W2002.

The HA-02 brings a few sweet touches of tube glow to the W2002, adding a sense of life and air that was missing with the M^3. The two amps sound similar in that they each have a sense of rightness for these difficult-to-drive ATs (a quality almost entirely missing in all other amps I've tried), but the HA-02 is more precise and refined, eliminating the thick, slow, sometimes overly warm and muddy quality the M^3 imposes.

The HA-02 seems to open up the midrange while minimizing the upper midrange/lower treble peakiness that the W2002 seemed to have before. That range still maintains the classic AT signature sound of being ever so slightly prominent, but the whole spectrum seems more balanced. The mids now seem a great deal more fleshed out, reminding me of the expansive mid-vintage (non-serialized) RS-1's midrange.

One area where the M^3 still reigns supreme is in the mid/upper bass, where low percussion sounded eye-poppingly good. So far the HA-02 seems a little flatter, less textured/shapely/vivid in that area, but at the same time doesn't emphasize the absence of deep bass that seems to be a persistent quality of the W2002. Burn-in has yet to commence, so we'll see if this improves.

Soundstage with the HA-02 is already superior, greatly reducing the closed-in quality the W2002 sometimes has. It doesn't quite approach W5000-levels of air and openness, but it definitely makes progress in that area, and further confirms my thinking that the W2002 is AT's hybrid woody, fusing the technical benefits of detail and precision with the euphonic niceties that come with vivid colors and a full-bodied tonality with very slightly but pleasingly fuzzy note edges. These qualities were detectable using the M^3 but I think the HA-02 brings them into focus, trimming the fat and boosting the goodness.

Sep 6, 2007 at 2:14 PM Post #520 of 1,351
I noticed in the Headphone Forum Nik has the HA-02 and likes the GS1000 with it. Nik's had some of the best gear ever made so that speaks highly of the Yamamoto.

RS-1's? I've got another pair do they need the Yamamoto to sing?

Mitch

Sep 6, 2007 at 2:39 PM Post #522 of 1,351
Quote:

Originally Posted by tuatara /img/forum/go_quote.gif
welcome to the club.

X2
biggrin.gif

Sep 6, 2007 at 2:42 PM Post #523 of 1,351
Quote:

Originally Posted by kugino /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i just bought the Yamamoto that was in the FS section...really looking forward to it. for now it will be mated with the k701 and the hf-1, though i know many here do not find the match with the k701 to be very good. we'll see.

i've been looking to get a nice pair of closed cans and i have my eyes set on the woody AT series...perhaps the w5000 or maybe even the w2002 if i can find a good used pair. while the w1000 may have good synergy with this amp i'm wary of it being a one-show pony...but you may persuade me otherwise. suffice it to say, i'm excited to receive this beautiful piece of work next week...
smily_headphones1.gif

The W1000's sound very good on my Audio Alchemy Headphone amp, and so do the W5000,s which are IMO the better phones, just not sure they are worth the extra dollars, and both sound very good indeed with the Yamamoto ...

Sep 6, 2007 at 2:47 PM Post #524 of 1,351
Quote:

You had much joy and merriment, I trust ...
eggosmile.gif

Sep 6, 2007 at 3:22 PM Post #525 of 1,351
Quote:

The HA-02 brings a few sweet touches of tube glow to the W2002, adding a sense of life and air that was missing with the M^3.

X2. I've been listening to PS-1s on HA-02 for 2 days, it's very enjoyable and the HA-02 has added a bit more air and space in between instruments, endless decay and the strings sound so lifelike. So far, my only complain is the bass. It's loose, woolly and poorly controlled. The PS-1s become less bass heavy, otherwise everything is very good, floating, liquid, smooth but with no loss of detail. Just too early observations
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
, but like others said, it sounds very good straight out of the box.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back