Yamaha EPH-M200 and EPH-M100 : EPH-100 Successor
Nov 14, 2014 at 9:16 PM Post #32 of 114
  That's such a great deal! I was happy to buy it at MSRP, certainly worth its price. Enjoy!

Thanks man! certainly loving them. 

One thing tho that I've found that no on has mentioned on any forum is that gunk can easily get caught in the engraving of the logo if you happen to touch it unintentionally with stuff on your fingertips and it's ridiculously hard to remove once it's lodged in there and it makes the logo not look as crisp or clean. I tried getting a small piece of paper and go in between the groves to try and dig it out but it actually removed some of the black finish :/ 

However I found a solution! if you steal some black nail polish and some nail polish remover from your wife/sister/girlfriend or daughter and use a cotton bud and dab some black nail polish on the logo and then use a cloth to remove the excess with a little nail polish remover and then repeat if needed it will make it look like new again. Also the nail polish remover isn't aggressive at all so dw about it ruining the finish :) 

i thought it may help someone in need :)

Nov 14, 2014 at 9:32 PM Post #33 of 114
  Thanks man! certainly loving them. 

One thing tho that I've found that no on has mentioned on any forum is that gunk can easily get caught in the engraving of the logo if you happen to touch it unintentionally with stuff on your fingertips and it's ridiculously hard to remove once it's lodged in there and it makes the logo not look as crisp or clean. I tried getting a small piece of paper and go in between the groves to try and dig it out but it actually removed some of the black finish :/ 

However I found a solution! if you steal some black nail polish and some nail polish remover from your wife/sister/girlfriend or daughter and use a cotton bud and dab some black nail polish on the logo and then use a cloth to remove the excess with a little nail polish it will make it look like new again. Also the nail polish isn't aggressive at all so dw about it ruining the finish :) 

i thought it may help someone. 

Good tip! Do post it on the EPH-100 thread to help some bros out. Thanks for sharing
beerchug.gif

Nov 26, 2014 at 3:22 PM Post #35 of 114
I've been digging mine for the past couple of weeks.  Very, very big sound.  Amazing for club music.

Have you heard the Pro 500? I'm wondering if Yamaha tuned these to have a similar sound sig or perhaps by design might sound more akin to the CKS1000. Hopefully there will be a Black Friday deal coming so more people can try them out. Oh, and I love club music :D

Nov 26, 2014 at 4:54 PM Post #36 of 114
Have you heard the Pro 500? I'm wondering if Yamaha tuned these to have a similar sound sig or perhaps by design might sound more akin to the CKS1000. Hopefully there will be a Black Friday deal coming so more people can try them out. Oh, and I love club music
biggrin.gif

I haven't heard the Pro 500 so I'm not sure about the sound sig.  Design is smaller than the CKS1000 if I remember correctly and possibly even a bigger sound than those.  Treble is definitely smoother than the CKS1K's and I prefer the Yamaha's overall.  Comfort is great and these are made for electronic music.  

Nov 26, 2014 at 5:09 PM Post #37 of 114
  Anybody else have these?

I've been digging mine for the past couple of weeks.  Very, very big sound.  Amazing for club music.

I have it. Very unique wide thick sound. Instrument separation is amazing and it's very comfortable for a 15mm earphone. I like it. 

Nov 26, 2014 at 5:32 PM Post #39 of 114
Nov 26, 2014 at 5:40 PM Post #41 of 114
Has anyone compared the M100 and M200 models?  The difference appears to be the bendable tube in the M200 but I'm not sure that technology is relevant as it doesn't extend far into the canal (past the 2nd bend like a CIEM).

Dec 1, 2014 at 12:58 PM Post #42 of 114
I normally listen to a lot of electronic with some of most other genres sort of mixed in there.  

Same here. Decided to take the plunge on the M200 in red based on your recommendation as I'm a fan of Yamaha's tuning- it almost matches the Deep Metallic Red color of my R1 as well :D

They're on sale for ~$100 on Amazon, too- I'm pretty sure they'll be worth it.

Dec 1, 2014 at 1:49 PM Post #44 of 114
Same here. Decided to take the plunge on the M200 in red based on your recommendation as I'm a fan of Yamaha's tuning- it almost matches the Deep Metallic Red color of my R1 as well
biggrin.gif

They're on sale for ~$100 on Amazon, too- I'm pretty sure they'll be worth it.

Thanks for the heads up.  I almost bought the M100 but as soon as I saw the M200 at the same price I jumped on it too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back