Yamaha EPH-M200 and EPH-M100 : EPH-100 Successor
Nov 1, 2014 at 2:23 AM Post #16 of 114
Went to aliexpress.
All eph 100 listed at 32-40$ with sellers having good feedback.I think all are fake.

Yeah, I avoid that website like the plague. It's just such a toss up whether what you're purchasing is legitimate or not. Not to mention that none of the sellers there have ever returned one of my messages. 

Nov 1, 2014 at 2:48 AM Post #17 of 114
Useless site really.
Indian storer are way more reliable than chinese ones,its a diff story nothing worthwhile is available there in discounted rates.lol

Nov 1, 2014 at 7:36 AM Post #18 of 114
Being at that price point they remind me of the sennheiser momentum in ears. But the senns look much better imo.

Wonder how much of a difference the m200 is compared to the m100? As far as I can see the m200 just has a flexible, titanium sound tube.

Nov 1, 2014 at 8:10 AM Post #19 of 114
Being at that price point they remind me of the sennheiser momentum in ears. But the senns look much better imo.

Wonder how much of a difference the m200 is compared to the m100? As far as I can see the m200 just has a flexible, titanium sound tube.

yeah,,,same 15 mm drivers

Nov 4, 2014 at 2:49 AM Post #21 of 114
A fanboy of EPH-100 too. Back then was merely lurking on Head-Fi as a guest and after buying the EPH-100 remained a happy camper for 2 years. Hoping to see an EPH-100 successor that lives up to its predecessor's billing

Nov 6, 2014 at 5:15 PM Post #23 of 114
  A fanboy of EPH-100 too. Back then was merely lurking on Head-Fi as a guest and after buying the EPH-100 remained a happy camper for 2 years. Hoping to see an EPH-100 successor that lives up to its predecessor's billing

I am also a happy camper with my EPH-100 and Fiio X5 for a year now. This combo is awesome, my first serous portable kit! but I want more, can you all tell me what you have moved to after the EPH-100 and why??

I like details, wide soundstage and warm sound signature. I am tempted by the Westone W40 but cant make my mind up.
My music preference the pop, 1970-1980, Genesis, Peter Gabriel, Pink Floyd, Dire Straits, Queen etc.

Nov 6, 2014 at 9:11 PM Post #24 of 114

I am also a happy camper with my EPH-100 and Fiio X5 for a year now. This combo is awesome, my first serous portable kit! but I want more, can you all tell me what you have moved to after the EPH-100 and why??

I like details, wide soundstage and warm sound signature. I am tempted by the Westone W40 but cant make my mind up.
My music preference the pop, 1970-1980, Genesis, Peter Gabriel, Pink Floyd, Dire Straits, Queen etc.

Best to wait for the EPH-M200 and M100 to come out first. If Yamaha could achieve what they did with the EPH-100 of only 6mm micro-dynamic driver, imagine what they can do with a much larger dynamic driver of 15mm in them

Nov 7, 2014 at 9:24 PM Post #25 of 114
Impressions from @DannyBai in the Discovery thread:
So I received the Yamaha EPH-M200's today and digging the sound so far. Deep bass, very big stage, smooth treble, good vocals. Non sibilant. This bass is huge and man does it reach deep. Surprised at the control for being this big.
Same shape as the CKS1000's but smaller. Fit is excellent and isolation is superb. This nozzle is unique and does bend to the shape of the ear canal. Huge issue is that no other tips fit on this nozzle, not even the Sony hybrids. Included tips are the same as the Sony hybrids but might even be of better quality so could no a non issue. Just makes me wonder how it might sound with wide bore tips. Anyway here's a picture of that nozzle. (Those grooves allow it to bend in the ear canal)

I thought my tip kit was really good but it's not up to snuff at all.

Don't have the EPH-100's or the CKS1000's anymore so it'll have to be from memory. A quick guess is that the sound is somewhere in between. Faster and more precise than the 100's and not as aggressive as the 1000's.

Nov 14, 2014 at 1:03 AM Post #29 of 114
Damn, why no blue for the M200
confused_face_2.gif
That blue plus the yam logo = their bikes

+1. The blue looks much better to me than the red, very classy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back