Yamaha EPH-100
Feb 12, 2013 at 2:39 PM Post #3,166 of 4,690
Just ordered a pair of these few hours ago.

Got a great deal, I think.

I was divided between the gr07 and the Yamaha´s. These were 40 euros (55 dollars) cheaper with better isolation, from what I heard. Also I get 2 year waranty ´cause I bought them here in Portugal and the gr07 would have needed to come from China.

I have HIGH expectations on these. I´m not hopping that they are the best. Just hope they are fun. I´m much more a music lover other than a audiophile ("gear" lovers IMO).

Feb 12, 2013 at 3:25 PM Post #3,167 of 4,690
You're going to love them mate. :wink:

Feb 12, 2013 at 6:37 PM Post #3,168 of 4,690
Then you'll love them for sure!
Quote:
I have HIGH expectations on these. I´m not hopping that they are the best. Just hope they are fun. I´m much more a music lover other than a audiophile ("gear" lovers IMO).

Feb 13, 2013 at 8:10 PM Post #3,169 of 4,690
Quote:
I finally received these from audioaffair today. I usually use the small ear tips of IEMs but I'm having the hardest time inserting even the smallest tip (SS) of these in my ear. They fit slightly better over the ear but I still can't get them to go more than a few milimeters inside my ear. I feel like they hit a bone after that and it becomes impossible to push them inside even by pulling back my ear and moistening the tips. 

After about 1 hour, my ears are painful to touch. Is this normal for the first few days or should I accept defeat and send them back?

No one replied to my post but I'm gonna give an update anyway. After about 1 week of tolerating the pain these headphones caused for my ears, I've decided to sell them and get something with a standard-sized tip. I strongly advice people with small ear canals to look for alternatives (like GR07 or R-50).

Feb 13, 2013 at 8:19 PM Post #3,170 of 4,690
Sorry to hear that. Did you try the smallest tips? They are exceptionally comfortable inside my mid size ears.

Feb 13, 2013 at 8:28 PM Post #3,171 of 4,690
@ArmanUV Sorry that no one was able to answer you. These are my most comfortable IEMs but it took me a while to get used to them. Not quite sure how ear canals work but it feels as if I've forced mine to open wider with how much I wear IEMs now. Especially with deep-fitting IEMs like the EPH-100 and the FXD80. I still get pains though (from the FXD80 and the Monoprice 9927 i'm using currently) and I've found that it takes a certain way to insert IEMs to avoid the pain. Perhaps try different angles of insertion but definitely do not force the IEMs in your canals. I found that I can insert the IEM anyhow in my left ear but I have to point it a bit upwards for my right. You're probably not hitting a bone but a sensitive area of your canals. 

Also look into foam tips. I've read a fair bit of mixed impressions on Complys but i've yet to try them. I might have to for the 9927. The foam tips I use for the EPH-100 are somewhat comfortable, but like any other tips, I don't force them in my ears. However, i've gone back to using the stock tips as the foam tips made the sound too warm for my taste. These are the foam tips I used:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/earbud-replacement-tips-tip-In-Ear-Earphone-Foam-SMALL-MEDIUM-LARGE-/150828756783?pt=US_Replacement_Parts_Tools&hash=item231e182f2f

Hope that helps! 

Feb 13, 2013 at 8:28 PM Post #3,172 of 4,690
Quote:

After about 1 week of tolerating the pain

Well, I  wouldn't have waited a week .

Quote:
I strongly advice people with small ear canals to look for alternatives

These are not for you, no need to shout. You are the first to complain of difficulty to push them in your ear canal.

I  got slight pain using mid size tips, but that's after wearing at them at least 1 hour, and no problem to push them in ear canal.  It seem that the smallest size is ok.

Feb 13, 2013 at 10:00 PM Post #3,173 of 4,690
For those who are looking at lostearbuds' foam tips, you should know that those are quite small for the nominal size.  So, the large size is equivalent to a medium size when compared to other tips.  The medium size is equivalent to a small size, when compared to other tips.

There are quite a few posts in this thread discussing this issue.  Just search for "lostearbuds" in the search function and you will find them.

Feb 13, 2013 at 10:47 PM Post #3,174 of 4,690
Quote:
Just ordered a pair of these few hours ago.

Got a great deal, I think.

I was divided between the gr07 and the Yamaha´s. These were 40 euros (55 dollars) cheaper with better isolation, from what I heard. Also I get 2 year waranty ´cause I bought them here in Portugal and the gr07 would have needed to come from China.

Please post back your impressions when you do get them!

Feb 14, 2013 at 5:07 AM Post #3,175 of 4,690
Quote:
No one replied to my post but I'm gonna give an update anyway. After about 1 week of tolerating the pain these headphones caused for my ears, I've decided to sell them and get something with a standard-sized tip. I strongly advice people with small ear canals to look for alternatives (like GR07 or R-50).

Why don't you try foam tips before you sell them? I also had comfort and fit problems with the stock tips, but since I got foam tips for them, they're one of the most comfortable IEMs I own...

Feb 14, 2013 at 11:38 AM Post #3,177 of 4,690
Quote:
I jujust received mine and they are quite sibilant. Does this go away with burn in?

Well, the sibilance problem is experienced differently from one people to an other, and depending of the headphone.
Maybe it's the tracks that your hear, or these are not for you.
I didn't experience any sibilance, perhaps slight harshness that you can easily forget.

Feb 14, 2013 at 12:13 PM Post #3,179 of 4,690
That's weird. Did you have really bass-heavy headphones before you got these? 

Get used to the sound for a few days and see if you still like them or not. They might just not be for you.
Quote:
I jujust received mine and they are quite sibilant. Does this go away with burn in?

Feb 14, 2013 at 1:49 PM Post #3,180 of 4,690
That's weird. Did you have really bass-heavy headphones before you got these? 

Get used to the sound for a few days and see if you still like them or not. They might just not be for you.

'
I had the westone 3, pfe232, and sm3. They all have less bass than the Yamaha's. I this k it might be my ears or a defect

Users who are viewing this thread

Back