Yamaha EPH-100
Jun 12, 2012 at 3:20 AM Post #1,922 of 4,690
Just updating everyone.

I've decided to hold off... I'm changing my order on HPH-200, not because of the post above me, but I found a store very close to me which has them instock. It's much safer, cheaper and literally makes more sense for me to walk in with my source and test them in store rather than buy to try. So, I'll still test them out over the next few days, however my full purchase is in the process of being canceled. 

Cheers!

Jun 12, 2012 at 5:47 AM Post #1,923 of 4,690
Quote:
Just updating everyone.

I've decided to hold off... I'm changing my order on HPH-200, not because of the post above me, but I found a store very close to me which has them instock. It's much safer, cheaper and literally makes more sense for me to walk in with my source and test them in store rather than buy to try. So, I'll still test them out over the next few days, however my full purchase is in the process of being canceled. 

Cheers!

It was me wasn't it
wink.gif

Jun 12, 2012 at 7:10 AM Post #1,924 of 4,690
Quote:
It was me wasn't it
wink.gif

Haha. Not really, there is a story behind it though. The problem is.. I make purchases then listen to my EPH-100 (this has happened a few times) when ever I hear them I simply think my journey has ended, that I really don't need another pair of headphones expanding on all the others gaining no air time. This happened with GRO7 after I ordered I ended up canceling. It simply doesn't make sense to me sometimes, that I own TF10 and they're hardly used because of these Yamaha's. I'm just really worried about let down purchases since owning EPH. It's really hard to top them within my $$$ budget atm.

I will demo the HPH-200, it is my destiny! 
wink.gif

Jun 12, 2012 at 9:06 AM Post #1,926 of 4,690
Hello,

After hours of reading these forums, I think the Yamaha EPH-100 could be a great fit for my needs. However, I'd like to know what are your opinions on the cable build quality ?

Many IEM I owned in the past died one way or another (loss of sound on one year, naked cable near the jack plug, ...).

If the build quality is great, then I think those earphones will be mine :p

Jun 12, 2012 at 9:48 AM Post #1,927 of 4,690
Quote:
Hello,

After hours of reading these forums, I think the Yamaha EPH-100 could be a great fit for my needs. However, I'd like to know what are your opinions on the cable build quality ?

Many IEM I owned in the past died one way or another (loss of sound on one year, naked cable near the jack plug, ...).

If the build quality is great, then I think those earphones will be mine :p

Build quality is good.
The only thing I can't stand is the memory and the microphonics.

If you're really afraid about cables, I suggest buying something that has removable cables, like TF10 and SE215

Jun 13, 2012 at 8:38 PM Post #1,930 of 4,690
I've spent about 2 weeks with these as my only IEM/headphones and I'm very happy with my decision to sell everything else. 

These little things are just amazing.

Jun 13, 2012 at 8:58 PM Post #1,934 of 4,690
They are in no way better than the headphones that I owned, don't get me wrong. (Actually, I prefer them over the Grados and Sennheiser HD408 but not the other ones)

I just felt that they were good enough (for very little money) for me to enjoy until I truly have cash to spend on headphones since I have some other things going on at the moment. If I had more money I wouldn't have sold my HD800's, they are simply magical. 
Quote:
Well, I 'll see soon if they are that good, must wait a week ...

Jun 13, 2012 at 9:10 PM Post #1,935 of 4,690
@davidgotsa 
Quote:
(Actually, I prefer them over the Grados and Sennheiser HD408 but not the other ones)

Hum, it's the treble ?

Quote:
If I had more money I wouldn't have sold my HD800's, they are simply magical.

yeah the hd800 are good, but still insane price. It's not as if you couldn't enjoy music with cheaper alternatives.
I think I would have been happy with the ksc75, if I've never heard better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back