Yamaha EPH-100
Feb 12, 2012 at 10:46 AM Post #961 of 4,690
And being caustically sarcastic is surely the least hypocritical high road to take. Thank you.

Quote:
Yes, "Nauseating" is definitely the most 'accurate' way to describe the TF10s, no doubt - I'm sure all (very) experienced members would describe them just like that. In that case, "boring" is such an understatement.

But, hey, let's all wait and see with baited breath what Jiff has to say, as I'm sure --judging from your previous posts-- that his will be the only valid opinion on Hread-fi. But then, of course, if he happens to say he prefers the TF10s, we can all just happily say: "Oh, well, it's just his opinion, after all, and he hasn't heard that many (good) IEMs"

I guess it's better to have lots of hype, even by a member who hasn't even received his pair yet, and many more posts with a running commentary on shipping status. It makes this thread all the more useful AND interesting to those who want to find out about the EPH-100.

Feb 12, 2012 at 11:03 AM Post #962 of 4,690

Quote:

I guess it's better to have lots of hype, even by a member who hasn't even received his pair yet, and many more posts with a running commentary on shipping status. It makes this thread all the more useful AND interesting to those who want to find out about the EPH-100.

At least im not riding in thread to thread,  taking shots of sarcasm in all directions and in all  user opinions.

I only post here and there, where I am interested and where I have great expectations and enthusiasm, as is the case here.

Look first at your attitude, before throwing stones at those who aren't stuck with you.

It is obvious that you don't respect anyone, using sarcasm reply, when you dont agreement with what others users say.

Quote:

Quote:
€1000-AKG - failing drivers
$600-Audeo - failing cables

That seems like an utter joke. 
ph34r.gif

The AKG K3003 is €1,200 not €1000. There's been only one report of a driver failure as far as I know and AKG is replacing the whole set. I wonder if there's ever been anything wrong with a Mecerdes Benz, a BMW, a Rolls Royce, a Jaguar, A Ferrari, a Lexus…a JH13, a JH16, a ES5...

Yes, I guess you could say all the above products are an "utter joke".

Quote:
Originally Posted by music_4321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

uote:
Originally Posted by Heret1c 

Quote:
Originally Posted by music_4321 

Quote:
... Though I must confess, I'm a bit disappointed that you did not notice the EX600's grainy highs, that have been repeatedly mentioned across several threads lately :p

Oh, but it's not just grainy highs but the utterly horrendous & unbearable sibilance!  :)

Joker - Excellent review. The EX600, to these ears, remains one of the best IEMs I've heard to date.

Huh? Is the first statement meant to be sarcastic? Cuz it doesn't seem to tally with the second statement. 

Yes.

Feb 12, 2012 at 11:17 AM Post #964 of 4,690
I'm sorry if I couldn't find a better word to describe my personal experience with TF10's.
That word really does sum it up for me & this is why my TF10's are collecting dust.

If there is a better suited audiophile term that you approve of I will be grateful for your help Music.

The reason I have been asking for Jiffs comparison is because as indicated in his signature he likes both equally.
I on the other hand have had major issues with TF10 & genuinely do want to understand why others like it. As already stated.
Obviously I have an issue with it's sound signature so it's no point me doing a comparison.

I wanted in particular to get jiff's opinion as he is someone that appreciates both IEM's.

I in return can than possibly realise the differences or deficiency's in my hearing.

I don't see why Pack21 should not be able to share his enthusiasm on this thread even though he does not have them yet.
This would seem to be the best candidate thread for him to discuss all matters EPH100.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think this is a pure critique thread only for owners of EPH100 ?

Feb 12, 2012 at 11:22 AM Post #965 of 4,690

Quote:
I don't see why Pack21 should not be able to share his enthusiasm on this thread even though he does not have them yet.
This would seem to be the best candidate thread for him to discuss all matters EPH100.
Correct me if i'm wrong but I don't think this is a pure critique thread only for owners of EPH100 ?

Indeed it isn't - people who are wondering about this, wanting this, excited to get this, complain about it, rave about it, like it, compare it - IMO are all welcome.
That's my philosophy I have on my youtube videos anyway.

Feb 12, 2012 at 11:37 AM Post #968 of 4,690
Just thankful, you dont put me directly or indirectly in your discussions, as you did behind.

When you want to criticize me do it directly to me.

Feb 12, 2012 at 12:07 PM Post #969 of 4,690

Quote:
Easy guys...one life, why so serious especially when this forum is about how to best derive pleasure out of music. Its music...not religion, politics

Yeah lets all kick back with our favourite phones & have a chillout music session.
etysmile.gif

Funny thing is it all reminds me of your very admirable post a while back.

Quote:
Now, I just don't understand why a certain amount of enthusiasm about these yamahas has been looked with scepticism as a response to all the positive vibrations largely in this thread and been put down with comments like them being a FOTM repeatedly.  Somone also questioned if these phones had got impressions from 'old timers'. Why is that important? We should be able to compare two phones like and Vsonic and  Yamaha and express that we like one over the other without anyone's approval being required for doing so. Can someone not express their zeal on a new purchase without the head-fi police committee intervening, expecially after shelling out 80£? Newbies here are capable of making a decision with their purchases, so that should not be a concern. And there is an element of risk involved with buying based on different taste, media quality, comfort, expectations irrespective how sound and aligned the advice on a given product is.  It should not matter whether the hype here for EPH-100 is 95% or 99% and not 100% justified and there should be no effort to regulate opinions. We should all be allowed some elbow room to express ourselves without all the policing. Net net...I feel some of us should be able to love, hate or just be 'ok' with these or any other phones and all opinions should just be accepted by one and all without being challenged.

Feb 12, 2012 at 12:55 PM Post #972 of 4,690
Wow I missed the show. Damn it. 
Oops run into wrong thread accidentally. Blame on my iPhone  

Feb 12, 2012 at 1:31 PM Post #973 of 4,690

Quote:
This type of person again...
As I said TO ME, doesn't apply to you.

"This type" of computer, seems to agree with me. Flatness is not a question of opinion...

Can I strongly disagree with what you stated? Am I allowed to point to whoever may read your comment, that your opinion is greatly different from most comments about the TF10? This is a forum, right? Am I mistaken?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back