Yamaha EPH-100
Aug 5, 2016 at 4:54 PM Post #4,517 of 4,690
  Thanks for the response. I've been having issues getting a good seal in my left ear. I suppose it relates to the shape of my ear canal. I tried the different tip sizes and the medium seems the best. I get a good seal in my right ear. My left tends to slowly move out while I'm listening and end up either falling out or being loose. I've been having better luck if I pull up on the top of my ear with my opposite hand when inserting the tip into my ear. Perhaps if I just continue doing that, I'll get a better fit with the stock tips. Anyone have any pointers for how to get the best seal?

Thanks

Probably your left canal is slightly crooked then.
In this case, if you're going the "Comply way", I suggest you use the Ts series.
Their spherical shape makes it MUCH easier to fit them at an angle when compared to the usual conical series (T/Tx).
I find them VERY comfortable as well, you don't even need to roll them before insertion.

I'm glad they finally made a 600 size, the 500 doesn't fit the large nozzles of the Yamahas.

Aug 5, 2016 at 5:54 PM Post #4,518 of 4,690
My yamahas have hundreds of usage hours.

Sometimes I think the left iem is not working properly. Sounds lower un volume. Anyone had a similar problem? I really love mine and would like to try and fiz them.

Aug 5, 2016 at 6:52 PM Post #4,519 of 4,690
  Thanks for the response. I've been having issues getting a good seal in my left ear. I suppose it relates to the shape of my ear canal. I tried the different tip sizes and the medium seems the best. I get a good seal in my right ear. My left tends to slowly move out while I'm listening and end up either falling out or being loose. I've been having better luck if I pull up on the top of my ear with my opposite hand when inserting the tip into my ear. Perhaps if I just continue doing that, I'll get a better fit with the stock tips. Anyone have any pointers for how to get the best seal?

Thanks

You might want to try cable over the ear, if you haven't tried it so far.

Aug 8, 2016 at 4:28 AM Post #4,520 of 4,690
Just a heads up--

Amazon currently has them in stock for $84.95 at the moment.     https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00591GIMY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I reviewed the pictures @  http://konovalof.ru/yamaha-eph-100-original-vs-fake/   when looking at the box that was shipped to me

and it appears that I have the box on the left side of the pics w/the (5) tips, so I believe I that this is not a fake set (hopefully).

I am really looking forward to trying these out.

*final edit*  I bought two sets of these iems from amazon, and they are both going back. after several hours on the 1st one and less than 10 hours on the 2nd, I lost significat volume in the left ear on the 1st then right ear on the 2nd. These were gently used but still went bad very quickly.

Aug 13, 2016 at 2:47 PM Post #4,521 of 4,690
These have SUPERB bass. I've been looking for a good quality set with more sub bass emphasis and to use as an alternative to my Dunu DN 1000s which are more mid bass and more analytical and brighter.

I have Soundmagic HP100 over ear which have THE best bass response I've heard without it clouding or dominating the rest of the frequencies which are flat and neutral. I've been looking for an IEM which can get as close to that sound as possible, I tried HiSound Wooduo 2s which went deep but were messy and bloated and the mids and highs were poor. i then tried Aurisonic Rockets, which had very detailed and low sub bass, which was slightly leaner with decay which was a little too quick for my tastes, and the mids and highs were VERY thin sounding and boring (although getting a good seal is difficult with them). Then came RHA M750s. A lovely sounding IEM with a huge sound and massive soundstage, deep and wide. Bass went low but could be a little too thick and boomy. Mids were recessed but with decent detail still, but I was hoping for a bit more clarity and less smoothness.

Up next was the EPH 100s.

These are just what i was looking for, they have GREAT sub bass which has great punch, resolution and decay and although it is their selling point, the mids and highs are still very decent with enough clarity to enjoy along with such fantastic bass response. A very enjoyable fun sound. Mids bit forward, highs with decent enough detail. Very good depth, but not much width. Instruments sit very nicely and can be clearly distinguished in the mix. For £70 these are a great purchase.

These give me a different listening experience to my Dn 1000s. Although at the moment I have my Earbell E100s on which an be pretty addictive (£10 wow).

Aug 28, 2016 at 6:25 PM Post #4,522 of 4,690
  These have SUPERB bass. I've been looking for a good quality set with more sub bass emphasis and to use as an alternative to my Dunu DN 1000s which are more mid bass and more analytical and brighter.

I have Soundmagic HP100 over ear which have THE best bass response I've heard without it clouding or dominating the rest of the frequencies which are flat and neutral. I've been looking for an IEM which can get as close to that sound as possible, I tried HiSound Wooduo 2s which went deep but were messy and bloated and the mids and highs were poor. i then tried Aurisonic Rockets, which had very detailed and low sub bass, which was slightly leaner with decay which was a little too quick for my tastes, and the mids and highs were VERY thin sounding and boring (although getting a good seal is difficult with them). Then came RHA M750s. A lovely sounding IEM with a huge sound and massive soundstage, deep and wide. Bass went low but could be a little too thick and boomy. Mids were recessed but with decent detail still, but I was hoping for a bit more clarity and less smoothness.

These are just what i was looking for, they have GREAT sub bass which has great punch, resolution and decay and although it is their selling point, the mids and highs are still very decent with enough clarity to enjoy along with such fantastic bass response. A very enjoyable fun sound. Mids bit forward, highs with decent enough detail. Very good depth, but not much width. Instruments sit very nicely and can be clearly distinguished in the mix. For £70 these are a great purchase.

These give me a different listening experience to my Dn 1000s. Although at the moment I have my Earbell E100s on which an be pretty addictive (£10 wow).

Hi Harry,

How would you compare the overall sound quality and clarity of the EPH-100 to the DN-1000?
I had the DN-1000 but sadly left them on a plane, and they were not returned to me.
I am hoping not to be let down by the EPH-100's, and am optimistic about their greater presence of sub-bass and greater isolation!

Sep 5, 2016 at 12:39 PM Post #4,523 of 4,690
  Guys - sorry for the error (and it was an error) with shipping charges. We ship small items like this on Royal Mail international signed for (trackable) but it seems only a couple of days before your message the Royal Mail rates had disappeared from the website. Our developers have now resolved this, so these rates are now available again in our basket. So, for example, shipping on these to Australia, or Canada using this Royal Mail service is £14.72 - and the rate is very similar for other countries worldwide. You can order at http://www.audioaffair.co.uk/yamaha-eph100-earphones

We have EPH100 in stock but as per other posts you really do need to watch out for fakes. We've had many, many people order from us that they had their fingers burned on other websites ordering at prices that appear "too good to be true" and received fakes, so make sure to order the real thing. We only sell the real thing, directly from Yamaha and we are the sole UK retailer for EPH100.

Hey, I was hoping you may be able to help me out. I purchased a pair of the Yamaha's from your site on 8/8 and have yet to receive it. Tracking shows it's still being processed, but it's shown that same status ever since I got the tracking information. I've been in sporadic contact with your support staff, but my last email on 9/1 asking what my current options haven't been responded to. I'm pretty frustrated at this point and would honestly prefer to simply have my money back if I can't get the headphones within the next few days.

Order: 100017098‏
Tracking:  RJ935158009GB

EDIT:

This appears to be sorted out. There was a problem with the shipment, so another shipment has been dispatched.

Sep 13, 2016 at 6:44 PM Post #4,524 of 4,690
  Guys - sorry for the error (and it was an error) with shipping charges. We ship small items like this on Royal Mail international signed for (trackable) but it seems only a couple of days before your message the Royal Mail rates had disappeared from the website. Our developers have now resolved this, so these rates are now available again in our basket. So, for example, shipping on these to Australia, or Canada using this Royal Mail service is £14.72 - and the rate is very similar for other countries worldwide. You can order at http://www.audioaffair.co.uk/yamaha-eph100-earphones

We have EPH100 in stock but as per other posts you really do need to watch out for fakes. We've had many, many people order from us that they had their fingers burned on other websites ordering at prices that appear "too good to be true" and received fakes, so make sure to order the real thing. We only sell the real thing, directly from Yamaha and we are the sole UK retailer for EPH100.

Big thanks to Audio Affair! I'm in Canada and as far as I can tell, there aren't many local vendors for the EPH-100. I was very close to ordering them from an Amazon merchant for well over $200 but decided to give Audio Affair a shot. Grand total on the invoice was £81.30, credit card was charged 144.17 CAD and I ended up paying 22.48 CAD to FedEx to cover duties and taxes. Total cost: 166.65 CAD. Shipping was super quick.

Thought I'd post this in case there are other Canadians who are mulling over their options. Of course, factor in your credit card's exchange rate and foreign transaction fee at the time of purchase. 
smile.gif

Sep 22, 2016 at 8:42 AM Post #4,526 of 4,690
Finally got them in and clocked in a couple dozen hours. For reference, I was looking for a sub-100 dollar IEM with a similar sound signature to my V-Moda M100s.

Coming from the Klipsch Image S4's is like night and day. The V-Moda's ruined those for me basically. I'd put them on only to switch over to the M100s after a couple minutes. These, though, are a worthy IEM replacement. Love everything about them, and they feel like a bargain at $100. 

Sep 29, 2016 at 10:28 AM Post #4,527 of 4,690
I've had terrible fit issues since forever with the EPH 100s, which is a shame because I love the way they sound. Like others, whatever tips I try, they seem to want to slip out of my ears. I might try the Complys as a last resort, however am starting to think that my smallish ear canals are actually the issue and these are just never going to be right whatever tips I try.....

Oct 5, 2016 at 10:54 AM Post #4,529 of 4,690

admit i'm interested in these to compliment my FLC 8s....love the details of those but feel it could do with more muscle, warmth and bass kick.
this after coming from the sony mdr 7550.

Nov 18, 2016 at 9:49 PM Post #4,530 of 4,690
After 1 year and 2 months my left side was failing intermittently and eventually went silent so I tried to see if it was a faulty connection. 

Started opening from the grill
http://i.imgur.com/5mzTRM2.jpg

Then blowed air into it and it's been working for a day now. Seems like a driver flex issue since twisting and bending the cable had no effect 

http://i.imgur.com/rJ0eNe2.jpg

there's some space between the drivers and the walls so I guess I could just pull it and it would come off? I'll post pictures if it comes to that

Users who are viewing this thread

Back