Yamaha EPH-100
May 12, 2015 at 8:15 AM Post #4,292 of 4,690
We're sorry to hear some of you have been caught out buying EPH100 from other sellers who havent offered to replace them when theyre faulty or honoured any warranty. This is unfortunately the risk though of not buying from a trusted and authorised seller.

Just as a reminder - Audio Affair is the ONLY authorised UK retailer for the Yamaha EPH100. We became the exclusive UK retailer in partnership with Yamaha EU in 2013, so we are only retailer in the UK to be able to offer a full 2 year warranty and honour this warranty. If you buy your EPH100 from us and they become faulty, we will arrange repair. In some cases where repair isnt possible (providing there isnt misuse), we have even replaced them within the 2 year warranty for a brand new set. We care deeply about customer service so you can trust with us that you are getting a genuine pair of EPH100 (supplied directly to us by Yamaha EU) and that a full 2 year warranty is included.

Why risk buying from a non-reputable seller that could be selling fakes (as some of you have cleverly pointed out on here the differences), and when they are unable to provide any sort of warranty?

In reply to those of you that have had difficulty buying internationally, we can ship Yamaha EPH100 worldwide (shipping options are in the basket http://goo.gl/c5bKQM) and we honour the 2 year warranty for all customers - if they go faulty, all you need to cover is the cost to ship them back to us.

Happy listening - EPH100 are still our favourite IEMs
smily_headphones1.gif

May 14, 2015 at 6:27 PM Post #4,293 of 4,690
For those of you who have had the EPH-100 for some time, how have thye held up? I am somewhat rough with my IEM's at times, i roll them up and put them in a pocket every day. Have any of yours gave out on you?

May 15, 2015 at 2:02 AM Post #4,294 of 4,690
  For those of you who have had the EPH-100 for some time, how have thye held up? I am somewhat rough with my IEM's at times, i roll them up and put them in a pocket every day. Have any of yours gave out on you?

1) I've had the EPH-100 for three years and still stay strong - I take care of all my earphones with great care and since I have collection of earphones, I switch my earphones to another in every each day. 

2) They're not good for work-out because the speaker/driver is prone to sweat so the moisture will clog the speaker and causes it to die out, like 90% reduction in volume. It'll recover once you blow the speaker with your mouth. Unless if you're doing weight-lifting, that's fine but not for cardio-workout or if you sweat alot. 

3) I've had the earphone gave out four times and the speaker came back alive on its own. It happens if I listen to 3-4 hours of listening and one of the speaker, particularly left side, dies out. Then I magnetize it with the other speaker for a minute and it started working fine. Also, when I left the speaker sit for an hour, the speaker also came back alive. I don't know what theory is behind this case but I'm sure the speaker needs a break.

4) If you wanna pull-out-tug the EPH-100 I, as an earphone aficionado, cannot recommend doing that on earphone above $50. I'd do it on Philips SHE3590 though. Unless if you have a lifetime supply of EPH-100, you can do it.

May 17, 2015 at 11:08 AM Post #4,295 of 4,690
Hey guys, looking to buy a pair in australia and come across 
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/YAMAHA-EPH100-Headphones-Brand-New-EPH-100-FOR-IPOD-IPAD-MP3-CD-/171517968089?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item27ef447ed9

Wondering if anyones bought from here and if they know if they're real/fake?

Cheers

May 17, 2015 at 3:11 PM Post #4,296 of 4,690
Try email the seller and see how the package look like. Judging from the 2nd and 3rd pic, it is a potential fake - look how mushy the eartip is. The real one is supposed to be firm

May 18, 2015 at 1:42 AM Post #4,297 of 4,690
Try email the seller and see how the package look like. Judging from the 2nd and 3rd pic, it is a potential fake - look how mushy the eartip is. The real one is supposed to be firm

^Agreed on the mushy tips

It's really hard to tell the difference from just looking at a couple of photos, especially without comparison with real ones or a hands on.

May 18, 2015 at 12:31 PM Post #4,299 of 4,690
  I'll probably just get it and then return it if its fake, any clue on telling the difference between real and fakes?

Here is: http://konovalof.ru/yamaha-eph-100-original-vs-fake/

It is written in Russian so I believe the right is the fake while the left is real one. Look how the fake package has weak etching of Japanese recycling symbol (picture 5).

120px-Recycling_pla.svg.png

May 19, 2015 at 8:03 PM Post #4,300 of 4,690
We're sorry to hear some of you have been caught out buying EPH100 from other sellers who havent offered to replace them when theyre faulty or honoured any warranty. This is unfortunately the risk though of not buying from a trusted and authorised seller.

Just as a reminder - Audio Affair is the ONLY authorised UK retailer for the Yamaha EPH100. We became the exclusive UK retailer in partnership with Yamaha EU in 2013, so we are only retailer in the UK to be able to offer a full 2 year warranty and honour this warranty. If you buy your EPH100 from us and they become faulty, we will arrange repair. In some cases where repair isnt possible (providing there isnt misuse), we have even replaced them within the 2 year warranty for a brand new set. We care deeply about customer service so you can trust with us that you are getting a genuine pair of EPH100 (supplied directly to us by Yamaha EU) and that a full 2 year warranty is included.

Why risk buying from a non-reputable seller that could be selling fakes (as some of you have cleverly pointed out on here the differences), and when they are unable to provide any sort of warranty?

In reply to those of you that have had difficulty buying internationally, we can ship Yamaha EPH100 worldwide (shipping options are in the basket http://goo.gl/c5bKQM) and we honour the 2 year warranty for all customers - if they go faulty, all you need to cover is the cost to ship them back to us.

Happy listening - EPH100 are still our favourite IEMs :)

Just bought it from you guys and from Australia. How long abouts do you think shipping will take?

May 24, 2015 at 10:38 AM Post #4,301 of 4,690
I just read your post..

I think i might had that happen to me..

A few weeks ago i ordered a eph-100 with the only online seller in my country.
They arrived. The 1st day i was very happy..fantastic sound..neutral, good mids, i listened to the phones all day.
Then 2nd day: after listening 3 hours or so..left speaker failed/90% loudness gone. How? what? etc.
I put them away for an hour or so. Then everything worked again. After 2 hours or so: right speaker failed. twf? etc.
I guessed it had to be a manufacturing defect in the contacts/cables or so.

So..i had to return them.
I did not get a replacement (the seller could not see what was wrong with the phones).
I got my money back..But..i was frustrated..it was the best sound i had ever heard in i.e.'s.
I must have been experiencing  the same thing you did..
Why..is there always something..
In the mean time i bought a pair of senh. momentum, very nice phones, but lack of mids & neutrality/detail
they are no eph-100's..

May 27, 2015 at 11:23 PM Post #4,303 of 4,690

Shouldnt be too long (usually 5-10 days max) - drop us an email at service (at) audioaffair.co.uk with your order number and we can send you an update :)

Highly recommend AudioAffair was weary about shipping from the UK to Australia but took 6 days which included 3 days where it was held up at my local fedex base waiting to be delivered. Very happy with my purchase.

Cheers

May 30, 2015 at 11:14 AM Post #4,304 of 4,690
After i read this thread & becoming aware of the aquatic issues of the eph-100, i ordered another pair. (they arrived ok in the Lowlands, thnx Audioaffair -)
And indeed, the new set behaves exactly the same (as expected). Very "neutral" sound, good separation etc. and..
after listening for 1 hour a speaker quits, until dried up again. (as said, i knew this beforehand so no complaints/returns this time)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back