Yamaha EPH-100
Jan 12, 2015 at 12:23 PM Post #4,216 of 4,690
More confirmation of not a true upgrade.

Going to investigate in Duoza see if that fits the bill for engaging Trance. The EPH100 was brilliant with trance but i like to hope that something can better with same 3D sound and imaging.

Yeah that's what I seem to read all over the place. I've got the Tenore as well but I find they are missing something.

Douza seem to be gathering quite a big following but I haven't read about EDM compatibility with them.

Jan 12, 2015 at 11:03 PM Post #4,217 of 4,690
Yeah that's what I seem to read all over the place. I've got the Tenore as well but I find they are missing something.

Douza seem to be gathering quite a big following but I haven't read about EDM compatibility with them.

Please keep me in touch if you come across worthy eph100 successor. :sunglasses:

Jan 13, 2015 at 2:23 PM Post #4,218 of 4,690
Please keep me in touch if you come across worthy eph100 successor. :sunglasses:

Sure will mate, my 2nd pair of EPH100s have arrived today. Cannot wait 5i listen to them out of the box again. Do think they change much to be honest.

Jan 13, 2015 at 4:00 PM Post #4,219 of 4,690
Sure will mate, my 2nd pair of EPH100s have arrived today. Cannot wait 5i listen to them out of the box again. Do think they change much to be honest.

Duoza looking better and better. Check out latest feedback by voicemaster in Duoza thread. He did some Trance listening and compared it to Tenore.
He will be getting fx850 comparison done soon. Can't wait.

I always thought the fx850 would be amazing all rounder but put off by the fact they are only for couch listening because of their size and shallow insertion.

Jan 13, 2015 at 5:36 PM Post #4,220 of 4,690
Duoza looking better and better. Check out latest feedback by voicemaster in Duoza thread. He did some Trance listening and compared it to Tenore.
He will be getting fx850 comparison done soon. Can't wait.

I always thought the fx850 would be amazing all rounder but put off by the fact they are only for couch listening because of their size and shallow insertion.

Yeah I like the look of the douzas and I believe that the sound would be good too but I just wouldn't have any time for them. Also I prefer smaller micro drivers and deep insertion. It looks like douzas won't cater for that because they are too big.

Gawd I've missed these babies...

Jan 14, 2015 at 9:44 PM Post #4,221 of 4,690
Posted an update to my review of EPH100 on Head-Fi - http://www.head-fi.org/products/yamaha-eph-100sl-inner-ear-headphone/reviews/8344

Jan 14, 2015 at 10:13 PM Post #4,222 of 4,690
  Posted an update to my review of EPH100 on Head-Fi - http://www.head-fi.org/products/yamaha-eph-100sl-inner-ear-headphone/reviews/8344

Told you; you love these don't you! Can't go wrong with EPH-100! 

edit: it's my turn to write the EPH-M200....I've got some unfinished business with this buster.

Jan 15, 2015 at 12:47 AM Post #4,223 of 4,690
Told you; you love these don't you! Can't go wrong with EPH-100! 

edit: it's my turn to write the EPH-M200....I've got some unfinished business with this buster.

Yeah, it's safe to say they are the most suitable IEMs for me and my style of music that I've ever had and I've owned quite a few.

Will be waiting for your M200 views, it's safe to say that I'm happy I didint pick them up. They are definitely more of a side grade rather than an upgrade.

Jan 17, 2015 at 2:21 PM Post #4,224 of 4,690
Anyone have any extra ear tips i can purchase off them? I lost a couple of ear tips when traveling abroad and if i can purchase a few off someone that would be greatly appreciated!

Jan 17, 2015 at 3:11 PM Post #4,225 of 4,690
Yamaha doesn't sell the ear tips replacement but fear not, you can use alternative like the Meelectronic's single flange. Fits and sound are just as good (I wear it over-the-ear). And they fit securely just like the stock's. Otherwise I'd recommend you get the various size so you can find which one that suits you. Hope that helps.

Jan 20, 2015 at 3:14 AM Post #4,226 of 4,690
  Yamaha doesn't sell the ear tips replacement but fear not, you can use alternative like the Meelectronic's single flange. Fits and sound are just as good (I wear it over-the-ear). And they fit securely just like the stock's. Otherwise I'd recommend you get the various size so you can find which one that suits you. Hope that helps.

Wow thanks a ton! I'll definitely be looking into these. If anyone still wants to get rid of any of their stock ones lemme know. I like the idea of stocks haha. 

Jan 21, 2015 at 7:51 AM Post #4,227 of 4,690
You can pick these up for $99 AUD now in Australia.

It was probably two years ago, possibly longer when I purchased my first EPH-100, I remember being quite happy with them.

For old times sake I picked up another pair which should arrive in the next few days.

Will be interesting revisiting them. I remember them having quite good PRaT and separation, they were also smooth and great for laying down at night.

Let's see if they manage to still to please me. 

Jan 21, 2015 at 8:13 AM Post #4,228 of 4,690
I am very satisfied with those, but I too as many others have experienced a sudden drop of volume in the right one a few times. We are talking about 70-80% drop in volume. This seems only to happen when I am wearing the larger gums, or whatever you call them. I guess this creates condense. The two smallest pads/gums didn't produce this problem at all.

They work fine 60 mins later again, and it helps to blown into them.

Jan 21, 2015 at 8:29 AM Post #4,229 of 4,690
  I am very satisfied with those, but I too as many others have experienced a sudden drop of volume in the right one a few times. We are talking about 70-80% drop in volume. This seems only to happen when I am wearing the larger gums, or whatever you call them. I guess this creates condense. The two smallest pads/gums didn't produce this problem at all.

My first pair were fault free but rest assured I'm well aware of this issue.

I purposely purchased through an authorised Australian Yamaha dealer with 12 month warranty,

(this way it will be quick turnarounds if things go sour)

I've actually been revisiting many older IEM I once owned like GR07 MK2 which have recently inspired my Dubstep genre interest again. Need a break from all those bright analytical semi-versatile hybirds I have on hand, try and enjoy music again rather than perform autopsy on it.

Jan 21, 2015 at 8:34 PM Post #4,230 of 4,690

This happens on my EPH-100 too; after listening for 2 hours, the left side went off with volume reduction to 20%. I freaked out then tried to 'magnetize' it with the other side then it worked on again. Also, this happen on my XBA-20 too, similar situation after listening for 3 hours - XBA-20 is non-fatiguing earphone so I didn't feel how many hours had passed. The left side had volume reduction like the EPH-100 but miraculously worked normally after 5-10 minutes of despair. I have thought three possibilities:

• The driver needed a break after listening for long time (I listen not too loud too - I normally play songs at 3 bar at normal volume with sansa clip). But this can be contradictory since I burned some earphones like FXT90 and GR07 in the past for 2-3 days straight and still fine.
  • Wearing the earphone had created 'vacuum" in which there was lack of air. The driver could be stressed that way so needed time to recover.
  • The earphones needed to be magnetized to recover, as I thought the driver, which is made of magnet, is kinda stuck or dislocated so need a magnet to get placed properly.

I remember during that 10 minutes of despair, I fixed the XBA-20 through magnetizing and as time progress, the volume regained little by little until it reached to normal state. I don't know what physical science behind it but dam, I'd cry so bad it if my favorite earphones gave up just because I listened them for long time (and not even that loud too, I swear). 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back