Yamaha EPH-100
Nov 20, 2014 at 8:28 PM Post #4,186 of 4,690

You were meant to just place a layer and leave it there. :p

For example, when they arrive new you can apply that thin layer and never need worry about the labeling coming off again. This is what I did it drys completely clear like glass.

Sorry to hear about your trouble.

--UPDATE--

Black nail polish wasn't doing much good as it would easily come off if you wanted to touch it up.

After purchasing some satin black enamel paint it wasn't turning out dark enough or as glossy enough as I thought I'd like. So I went back and purchased the next step up which was Gloss black. 

As I've already applied the Satin black enamel paint on first I'm positive that it gave the logo a good base coat for when I applied the black gloss paint. It's much darker and adds more shine to it without it being over the top, much more accurate to the original colour...I would go so far to say perfectly matched. 

I think it's a job well done :)

Nov 20, 2014 at 9:07 PM Post #4,187 of 4,690
  --UPDATE--

Black nail polish wasn't doing much good as it would easily come off if you wanted to touch it up.

After purchasing some satin black enamel paint it wasn't turning out dark enough or as glossy enough as I thought I'd like. So I went back and purchased the next step up which was Gloss black. 

As I've already applied the Satin black enamel paint on first I'm positive that it gave the logo a good base coat for when I applied the black gloss paint. It's much darker and adds more shine to it without it being over the top, much more accurate to the original colour...I would go so far to say perfectly matched. 

Curing your OCD! Glad it's working out for you! 
beerchug.gif

Nov 21, 2014 at 10:33 AM Post #4,188 of 4,690
  --UPDATE--

OCD level: Boss 
tongue.gif

You're da Man! 
gs1000.gif

Nov 22, 2014 at 1:08 AM Post #4,192 of 4,690

I ended up with the RHA ma750i.
First of all, by the time I was deciding between them, the EPH-100 was traded at about $150.
Secondly, the RHA's build quality and warranty was quite amazing. I'd say that the build quality was supreme, extremely solid.

By the way, I'm now trading the RHA ma750i if you are interested in.

Nov 29, 2014 at 12:02 PM Post #4,193 of 4,690
Did someone tried to disassembly EPH-100?
Because sometimes, I start losing volume in right ear (idk if it's because of dirt, condensation moisture or cable problem).
Aluminium body is made of two parts, did someone know the right way to open them?

EDIT: it seems i have a similar problem: http://www.head-fi.org/t/577712/yamaha-eph-100/2850

Dec 3, 2014 at 6:27 AM Post #4,198 of 4,690
  Hey! I saw mentioned somewhere that you can wear these over the ear. Ehh..how? I don't to bend them too much. Is there a "correct" way of doing that? 

Ideally you would  get a pair of ear hooks. I'm using the ones from my old senn ie7, but phonak audéo provide earhooks too:

Otherwise you don't need earhook , they  just stay less in place if you put them directly.

Dec 3, 2014 at 6:32 AM Post #4,199 of 4,690

It seems i have the same problem (just some wax). I've just cleaned them with hydrogen peroxide (3%), without opening them (for now), and they sounds like new :)

Great, I wish I knew that trick before
wink.gif
Opening them manually slightly distort the metal mesh, and I guess I also removed the glue, as I didn't make the distinction with ear wax.

Dec 3, 2014 at 6:35 AM Post #4,200 of 4,690

Ideally you would  get a pair of ear hooks. I'm using the ones from my old senn ie7, but phonak audéo provide earhooks too:

Otherwise you don't need earhook , they  just stay less in place if you put them directly.

Thanks! It's just that I am not 100% sure how to actually wear them over the ear withouth the hooks. Do you start with taking them behind the air and to the front of the forehead and then just plug them in the ear? They do stay in place nicely like this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back