Yamaha EPH-100
Oct 24, 2014 at 7:14 AM Post #4,156 of 4,690
the sound almost completely died in my left bud after one week of use (my older pair had no issues whatsoever for 2 years). the sound then slowly returned. though I think I heard some distortion in it for a while. Now, I'm not sure whether they're back to 100 per cent or not. any chance of permanent damage? I can't really trust my hearing at this point, drives me crazy.

Oct 24, 2014 at 7:30 AM Post #4,157 of 4,690
  the sound almost completely died in my left bud after one week of use (my older pair had no issues whatsoever for 2 years). the sound then slowly returned. though I think I heard some distortion in it for a while. Now, I'm not sure whether they're back to 100 per cent or not. any chance of permanent damage? I can't really trust my hearing at this point, drives me crazy.

If you are very careful you can get the housing to come off, it uses a tab of some sorts and then you could inspect the cable where it is soldered to the driver. Sounds like a loose connection. I'd only suggest this if you don't have any intention of returning them under warranty.

Oct 27, 2014 at 2:18 AM Post #4,158 of 4,690
Selling my EPH-100's: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/191388945676?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

If anyone is interested but lives outside of Australia, let me know coz I'm sure we could sort something out. :)

Nov 1, 2014 at 1:38 AM Post #4,159 of 4,690
Well, long story short the reason why I sold my EPH-100's was by the simple fact that I wasn't happy with the after-sale service I was getting from Eljo.com,.au. I couldn't get a refund as the package was already open so they couldn't be able to resell it. their exact words were "this case doesn't qualify for a refund neither from us or our suppliers".
From that bombshell I chose to sell it on Ebay successfully for $90 (excluding all the fees from Ebay and paypal for their service) I didn't break even but it was close enough.. I was just happy to be able to get them off my hands.
The silver lining to this is that I was able to purchase another pair of EPH-100's off COTD for $74.16 (I used my $15 store credit to get it for this price). Shortly after however the listing for the earphones disappeared without any sign that it went out of stock. I was told that they went out of stock or they were fixing any incorrect information or typos in the listing. However a few hours later they re-listed the item but instead they were selling it for half the price ($39.95! instead of $79.95) including a lot of other Yamaha products. I was furious as I felt that I was cheated into buying it for the original price. However The happy ending to this story is that after making a complaint on live chat they were happy to partially refund me the difference of $40 within minutes. I only ending up spending $33.94 of my own money :)

Nov 3, 2014 at 3:23 PM Post #4,161 of 4,690
I ordered EPH-100 straight from the Amazon's warehouse and everything is legit - it comes with original package and the stock tips aren't flimsy. 

Nov 3, 2014 at 11:17 PM Post #4,163 of 4,690
Omgod I must've been dreaming Amazon's selling EPH-100 for less than 100 bucks...I've had mine purchased at full retail price ($150). I'm thinking of re-stocking em cuz mine's out of warranty though it's still working.

Nov 5, 2014 at 2:07 PM Post #4,165 of 4,690
The order came in, but there is some problem. I ordered one from Amazon Warehouse Deals with condition listed "Like New," and it came in this ghetto package. While the unit itself looks legitimate -- with correct number of grooves and indented logo and the sound actually fits the description -- half of extra ear tips are missing...

I guess I'm sending it back. I've ordered tons of stuff in "like new" condition from Warehouse Deals, and this is the first time it's letting me down. 
mad.gif

Nov 5, 2014 at 2:43 PM Post #4,166 of 4,690
The order came in, but there is some problem. I ordered one from Amazon Warehouse Deals with condition listed "Like New," and it came in this ghetto package. While the unit itself looks legitimate -- with correct number of grooves and indented logo and the sound actually fits the description -- half of extra ear tips are missing...

I guess I'm sending it back. I've ordered tons of stuff in "like new" condition from Warehouse Deals, and this is the first time it's letting me down. :mad:  

Omg ive never heard something like this. I bought from amazon warehouse "amazon" as the name of dealer and received mine with full package and full tips ( that was 2 years ago n paid full 150 bucks). Contact the amazon and ask how come it didnt come with full package and complete tips....it seems like the yamaha company fails in quality check department. Are the tips flimsy tho???

Nov 5, 2014 at 3:34 PM Post #4,167 of 4,690
Omg ive never heard something like this. I bought from amazon warehouse "amazon" as the name of dealer and received mine with full package and full tips ( that was 2 years ago n paid full 150 bucks). Contact the amazon and ask how come it didnt come with full package and complete tips....it seems like the yamaha company fails in quality check department. Are the tips flimsy tho???

The tips are stiff. I am very sure these are legit: the sound quality is superb and matches the descriptions provided in this thread. Bass is boosted, yet clean, the mid is smooth and the high is laid back but details are there. It doesn't try too hard, but still does everything well. I like how there is no sibilance. My only complaints are the bass is a bit too much for my taste and the sensitivity: I have to raise the volume by 3 levels on PC when comparing with A151.

Did the right earphone just die on me? Hold on.

I think someone in Yamaha or Amazon screwed up. Geez.. only if I didn't need to return.

Annndddd as I'm typing this reply the right earphone died. Yes, it just did.

... I'm definitely returning it.

Nov 5, 2014 at 4:02 PM Post #4,168 of 4,690
I've had issue like that before. Try "magnetize" the earphone by nearly touch the unit to one another, left and right. Or try blowing the speaker unit because this earphone is SENSITIVE to sweat from your ears.

Nov 5, 2014 at 6:22 PM Post #4,169 of 4,690

I guess I'm sending it back. I've ordered tons of stuff in "like new" condition from Warehouse Deals, and this is the first time it's letting me down. 
mad.gif

That's a damn shame! It's so stingy for amazon to do that to you! :frowning2: I'm from Australia and my brother had no issues like that when ordering from amazon :frowning2:

I hope you can get it sorted out and  you can get a fresh new replacement in the original packaging! ^_^

I agree with Gandasaputra, with your new replacement try to clean the ear tips after every use! it defiantly future proofs your investment!

Nov 6, 2014 at 8:59 AM Post #4,170 of 4,690
  I've had issue like that before. Try "magnetize" the earphone by nearly touch the unit to one another, left and right. Or try blowing the speaker unit because this earphone is SENSITIVE to sweat from your ears.

Thanks. It's working now after "magnetizing" it. Talked to Amazon but since it was an item listed as "used," there could be done nothing more than a refund for me to reorder, with the shipping paid for, of course. 

I really like these earphones. These are definitely a worthy upgrade from A151 and M-Duo for the sound alone, but some things I noticed: While it needs a good amount of pressure to be inserted to ears, the driver flexes when being inserted and that causes the earphone to go off, the stress relief on the driver feels weak -- I think it may actually give up if the cord is accidentally pulled, and its bass is -- the best way to put it, while superb -- not my taste.

I think it sounds crazy, but I think I will order Heaven II and see how that works out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back