Yamaha EPH-100
Dec 21, 2014 at 2:21 AM Post #4,203 of 4,690
The gold/zinc plating on mine has corroded now to the point where if the plug turns (which it does a lot) the audio will become severely distorted and even cut out! Anyone know a solution?

Well,you can replace the 3.5mm jack with cheap or better for under $5 or $10, if you know even a little soldering.....or use some iso-propyl alcohol or similar to clean the contacts if its not that worst....

Dec 23, 2014 at 7:29 PM Post #4,204 of 4,690
Received my pair. Not really ecstatic about them at all. Came in all brand new hard sealed plastic. I found out I have very small ear canals, using the ss ear pads and they are big for my ear canals. Very uncomfortable. Right side crackles.

Edit:
Burning in for about 15 hrs with pink & sinelog2 see if that helps at all.

Dec 23, 2014 at 10:35 PM Post #4,205 of 4,690
Is there anything that sounds like the Eph100 but with better treble extension? They are my favorite iem next to the im70 but i couldn't get over that weird treble. Come to think of it, i think the im70 is the one kind of.

Jan 8, 2015 at 10:31 AM Post #4,207 of 4,690
Hello,
I think, I just got a fake pair.

I got a pair of the EPH for 3 months, but then I lost them. I bought them at a local reputable electrical company in austria called conrad. Recently I lost them on the street, they felt out of my pocket, when I was drunk.

3 weeks ago, someone was selling a more or less new pair of eph's on ebay for only 80€, since they were opened and they are not so popular in germany.

I bought them and also asked them, where he got them. He told me, his friend ordered them from china, but he don't got any use of them. He has more then 500+ reputation on ebay, without any negative ones.

I just got them and compared the in-ear gummies with my old one and noticed, the new ones are so soft. It feels like jelly. My old ones are much harder, even the ones I wasnt wearing.

So, I am not sure, if china produced 2 kinds of in-ears gummys or I just recieved a fake pair.

The sound is okay, but I am not sure, if my old pair sounded the same. I am really suspicious, since the in ear gummys are totally different. 

The packaging looks the same however.

Any ideas? Also if they are fake, what can I do?

Jan 8, 2015 at 1:43 PM Post #4,209 of 4,690
Hello,
I think, I just got a fake pair.

I got a pair of the EPH for 3 months, but then I lost them. I bought them at a local reputable electrical company in austria called conrad. Recently I lost them on the street, they felt out of my pocket, when I was drunk.

3 weeks ago, someone was selling a more or less new pair of eph's on ebay for only 80€, since they were opened and they are not so popular in germany.

I bought them and also asked them, where he got them. He told me, his friend ordered them from china, but he don't got any use of them. He has more then 500+ reputation on ebay, without any negative ones.

I just got them and compared the in-ear gummies with my old one and noticed, the new ones are so soft. It feels like jelly. My old ones are much harder, even the ones I wasnt wearing.

So, I am not sure, if china produced 2 kinds of in-ears gummys or I just recieved a fake pair.

The sound is okay, but I am not sure, if my old pair sounded the same. I am really suspicious, since the in ear gummys are totally different. 

The packaging looks the same however.

Any ideas? Also if they are fake, what can I do?

Hmm.. Id Contact the guy you bought them from and tell him about this.

Furthermore I haven't really seen many people who actually got fakes.

Jan 8, 2015 at 2:00 PM Post #4,210 of 4,690
  What i have read about the previous thread. There is no fake EPH 100. But the tips, there is fake unfortunately. Fake tips are more soft compared to the original one which was a bit harder. 

But can this be possible? I have orginal EPH 100 with fake ear tips? Who removed the origanls and replaced them by the fake ones and why did they do this? What's the purpose
Hmm.. Id Contact the guy you bought them from and tell him about this.

Furthermore I haven't really seen many people who actually got fakes.

I will, but I wanted to get some information and see, if they ear tips are legit or not. 

Jan 11, 2015 at 9:19 PM Post #4,211 of 4,690
So it has happened. I've bought another pair of these beauties. Miss how they sound with trance music!

Hopefully arriving the coming Tuesday. :blush:

Jan 11, 2015 at 10:24 PM Post #4,212 of 4,690
So it has happened. I've bought another pair of these beauties. Miss how they sound with trance music!

Hopefully arriving the coming Tuesday. :blush:

Not tempted to go for newer M200 ?

I loved the 100s for trance and miss them dearly.
Wondering if I should buy another pair or goto M200.
I'm getting early impressions that M200 does not 3D sound as well as 100s so might not be so great for Trance ?

Jan 12, 2015 at 2:13 AM Post #4,213 of 4,690

I'm getting early impressions that M200 does not 3D sound as well as 100s so might not be so great for Trance ?

I actually bought those and then returned them within 14 days ( will be changing my impression on the M200 thread as well). Main problem is that the fit; the nozzle actually does not conforms with my ear canal, which is unlike the GR07's. Yet, the casing is so big it protrudes from my ears so I thought the EPH-100 is still wayyy more comfortable than those. Lastly, the sound; after 14 days of listening and struggling with the fit, I find the sound is very bloated and intimate. It's true it doesn't have the 3D-feeling because the treble is so relaxed I barely hears any sparkles. The mid is very nasal and shouty too, especially on some female vocals. I could say that the bass bleeds to the mid since the bass is so big and authoritative. This signature reminds me of UM3x but this is way too bloated. I've burned them for about 3 days straight and the bass won't calm down.

About isolation; it's nothing better than the EPH-100. I get good seals but then my ears get fatigued in less than an hour because of the big housing and the nozzle that doesn't bend much. So I felt that the M200 is downgrade to the EPH-100 because of the fit, very intimate soundstage, shouty, and bloated. Once I returned, I purchased the Dunu's DN-2000 and I'm happy listener now 
ksc75smile.gif

Jan 12, 2015 at 9:07 AM Post #4,214 of 4,690

I'd bypass the M100/M200 as it's not really an upgrade in my eyes. More of a side grade.

I don't like the way they look, the EPH100 is much more of a premium earphone and going by what people are saying the bass is an overbearing thing with M100/M200. Just Sounds to me like Yamaha is trying to cater more for the young consumer market with those.

Definitely not an upgrade to the EPH100. If I was you I'd pick up another pair of the latter.

I actually bought those and then returned them within 14 days ( will be changing my impression on the M200 thread as well). Main problem is that the fit; the nozzle actually does not conforms with my ear canal, which is unlike the GR07's. Yet, the casing is so big it protrudes from my ears so I thought the EPH-100 is still wayyy more comfortable than those. Lastly, the sound; after 14 days of listening and struggling with the fit, I find the sound is very bloated and intimate. It's true it doesn't have the 3D-feeling because the treble is so relaxed I barely hears any sparkles. The mid is very nasal and shouty too, especially on some female vocals. I could say that the bass bleeds to the mid since the bass is so big and authoritative. This signature reminds me of UM3x but this is way too bloated. I've burned them for about 3 days straight and the bass won't calm down.

About isolation; it's nothing better than the EPH-100. I get good seals but then my ears get fatigued in less than an hour because of the big housing and the nozzle that doesn't bend much. So I felt that the M200 is downgrade to the EPH-100 because of the fit, very intimate soundstage, shouty, and bloated. Once I returned, I purchased the Dunu's DN-2000 and I'm happy listener now :ksc75smile:

Thanks for the views, it's basically pretty much same feedback I read all over Head-Fi..

So glad that I bought another pair of EPH100s.

Jan 12, 2015 at 12:18 PM Post #4,215 of 4,690
I'd bypass the M100/M500 as it's not really an upgrade in my eyes. More of a side grade.

I don't like the way they look, the EPH100 is much more of a premium earphone and going by what people are saying the bass is an overbearing thing with M100/M200. Just Sounds to me like Yamaha is trying to cater more for the young consumer market with those.

Definitely not an upgrade to the EPH100. If I was you I'd pick up another pair of the latter.
Thanks for the views, it's basically pretty much same feedback I read all over Head-Fi..

So glad that I bought another pair of EPH100s.

More confirmation of not a true upgrade.

Going to investigate in Duoza see if that fits the bill for engaging Trance. The EPH100 was brilliant with trance but i like to hope that something can better with same 3D sound and imaging.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back