Yamaha EPH-100
Jun 4, 2014 at 4:56 AM Post #3,918 of 4,690
**** this. I've had 4 pairs of these in 3 years because I love them and kept hoping the next ones wouldn't break. But they did. 

I'll have to look elsewhere, I guess.

Jun 8, 2014 at 7:28 AM Post #3,920 of 4,690
If you're an earphone destroyer, Shure is the way to go.

The thing is, visually, there is nothing wrong with them. It's inside that they're broken. I take very good care of them. 

I have a few $20 IEM's that I've used for many many years and treated like ****, and they're still going strong. 

Jun 8, 2014 at 9:16 AM Post #3,922 of 4,690
  I've replaced my yamahas with DUNO DN-1000. Now I'm waiting them, hope they please me as yamahas did :)

Dunu.... 
wink.gif

Jun 9, 2014 at 9:49 PM Post #3,923 of 4,690
I just ordered these from Amazon. See, just wait a year and you to can save $40
rolleyes.gif

Anyway, they still sound like they are about the best out there in the price range. I was looking for punchy buy not overwhelming bass, solid mids and lightly rolled off highs.

Thought about going bass heavy with the Sony EB90EX's or the Hisound Wooduo 2, but I just thought the Yamaha's might be better overall (well rounded) for varying types of music and also give better isolation for flights.

Jun 9, 2014 at 10:25 PM Post #3,924 of 4,690
  I just ordered these from Amazon......see, just wait a year and you to can save $40
rolleyes.gif

Anyway, they still sound like they are about the best out there in the price range. I was looking for punchy buy not overwhelming bass, solid mids and lightly rolled off highs.

Thought about going bass heavy with the Sony EB90EB's or the Hisound Wooduo 2, but I just thought the Yamaha's might be better overall (well rounded) for varying types of music and also give better isolation for flights.

By far the best noise isolation IEM i have now =D 

Jun 16, 2014 at 1:12 PM Post #3,926 of 4,690
So I finally got them yesterday. I'll have to try tweaking the fit, so far I'm not blown away. The highs seem just a little bit too rolled off.

Of course I'm used to full size over the ear cans that cost roughly 3x more than the Yamaha's......maybe I was expecting too much?

Jun 16, 2014 at 5:51 PM Post #3,927 of 4,690
Yeah I dunno whats up with the highs as they seem pretty strident to me but then again I've never tried any of those expensive cans so maybe its your experience.

Jun 16, 2014 at 7:20 PM Post #3,928 of 4,690
Fit seems to be key (as with many IEM's). I switched to a smaller size and got a much better fit and the sound opened right up.

Sounded much better.....but I'd still like to do some head to head against some other IEM's I have laying around.

"Strident"? I can't imagine the highs on these ever being strident. I think you are the first (in 262 pages) to even mention that.

Jun 16, 2014 at 8:23 PM Post #3,929 of 4,690
Anyone kind enough to sell/donate/trade their spare Small/Medium tips as both of my sets are torn with heavy 2 years plus use.

This is still my goto iem for regular use and I'm really upset I can't buy replacement tips.

Please help out a fellow EPH100 fan :)

Jun 17, 2014 at 4:16 PM Post #3,930 of 4,690
  Fit seems to be key (as with many IEM's). I switched to a smaller size and got a much better fit and the sound opened right up.

Sounded much better.....but I'd still like to do some head to head against some other IEM's I have laying around.

"Strident"? I can't imagine the highs on these ever being strident. I think you are the first (in 262 pages) to even mention that.

Yeah, I meant sort of metallic sounding. I remember when I first tried these I found the highs sort of "weird" sounding for the first half hour, but then I got used to them and have been ever since.

Anyone kind enough to sell/donate/trade their spare Small/Medium tips as both of my sets are torn with heavy 2 years plus use.

This is still my goto iem for regular use and I'm really upset I can't buy replacement tips.

Please help out a fellow EPH100 fan
smily_headphones1.gif

Sorry man. I usually use the Small tips, but I lost one down a drain(yeah, don't ask) and the other one is slightly torn, and I need it. I've resorted to using the Small in my left ear and the Medium in my right ear as it's slightly bigger than the left.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back