Yamaha EPH-100
Dec 25, 2013 at 5:20 PM Post #3,572 of 4,690
Wrong. Digital audio is ones and zeros... Analog is electricity down a wire.

Music is more than those.

I meant the music as you listen to it is analogue signals down the wire, unless I'm getting confused.

Jan 3, 2014 at 4:48 PM Post #3,574 of 4,690
So guys, here we go again. On my second pair of EPH100s, the right driver has broken, again. Its a lot quieter than the left and has some audible problems. I'm really disappointed, as I really like these headphones. Worse thing is, I'm probably going to end up getting a third replacement pair.

Jan 7, 2014 at 6:38 AM Post #3,575 of 4,690
  Hmmm, where can I order stock tips for the EPH-100?
(or is anybody willing to sell lol)

Haha doubt it mate
Those tips are like golden dust.

So guys, here we go again. On my second pair of EPH100s, the right driver has broken, again. Its a lot quieter than the left and has some audible problems. I'm really disappointed, as I really like these headphones. Worse thing is, I'm probably going to end up getting a third replacement pair.

Wow, thats some seriously bad luck. Where are you getting them from??

I assume AudioAffair.co.uk?

I bought 1 pair and had them for over 8 months without any issues, especially considering I wasn't exactly gentle with them lol

Jan 7, 2014 at 8:20 AM Post #3,576 of 4,690
Yeah I got them from Audio Affair and I have returned them to get yet another replacement as I like them so much.

Jan 7, 2014 at 8:37 AM Post #3,577 of 4,690
Yeah I got them from Audio Affair and I have returned them to get yet another replacement as I like them so much.

Ah I see, thats strange.

Third time lucky I guess. :wink:

Jan 13, 2014 at 1:16 PM Post #3,578 of 4,690
I'm wondering the same thing about Ebay and fake Yamaha earphones.

I found some EPH-100 at $129, which is a good price considering they cost around 135 euros in Europe ($185).

Has anyone ordered from Ebay? Should I risk it? Thanks!

Jan 13, 2014 at 1:51 PM Post #3,579 of 4,690
Only if he or she is a reckonized dealer, In Europe official Price is 140 Euro, but some sell them at 129 Euro, I did buy in the UK with Audio Affair 1,5 year ago at 99 Pounds.wich was inclusive posting 125 Euro, at that time they weren´t even avaiable in Germany.

Jan 13, 2014 at 1:58 PM Post #3,580 of 4,690
Hi Ghisi--

I wouldn't risk it. I bought some from an eBay seller, and we're fairly certain the ear tips were fake, even though the iems were real. It is impossible (I believe) to get the stock tips from anywhere, so I don't think it's worth the risk.

If you pm me the seller's name, I'll confirm if it's the same who sent me (seemingly) fake tips. I don't want to put the seller on blast here because I can't confirm they were "fake."

Joe

Jan 13, 2014 at 2:05 PM Post #3,581 of 4,690
If you can I would get them from Audio Affair for £99. A good price, and decent service if you're unfortunate enough for them to break.

Jan 13, 2014 at 2:46 PM Post #3,582 of 4,690
If you can I would get them from Audio Affair for £99. A good price, and decent service if you're unfortunate enough for them to break.

+1

Do not take any risks.

Especially with a product that has been discontinued.

Jan 14, 2014 at 3:52 AM Post #3,584 of 4,690
  Well... mine arrived.

They've been out of the box for around 10 minutes, and have had just 5 minutes listening time. I'll post some proper 'initial impressions' later when I get home.

However, I must say that those 5 minutes were enough to leave me feeling VERY impressed. I am genuinely surprised at quite how much bass these things kick out... They make the FXT90 and GR07 appear positively bass light! It's too soon to talk about bass quality - will cover that after some burn-in. The other major thing that has struck me is the imaging, soundstage and separation. To say that these phones sound immersive and 3D is a blatant understatement.

It's too soon to make proper judgments, so I'm holding back from making bold or rash statements... but this is hard, as right now I'm feeling pretty wowed.  The only other thing I'll say, is that these are VERY comfortable (as comfortable as the GR07) and exhibit build quality of a very high standard.

Lets just say that I have no doubts as to these being keepers.

So, that was 719 days ago, and I see that you no longer have it. What happened? Thanks!

Jan 15, 2014 at 9:41 PM Post #3,585 of 4,690
So have you received your new pair from Amazon and made a comparison? My pair is exactly like your "fake" one and I can totally understand your suspicions, although sound wise I cannot tell if it's a fake one or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back