Xonar Essence ST Sneak Peek
Jul 5, 2009 at 3:22 PM Post #302 of 1,781
Quote:

Originally Posted by leeperry /img/forum/go_quote.gif
why would you wanna play god w/ a <$200 soundcard? sell it on ebay, get the new one. end of story, the resale process will cost you like $50 or so. do you know better than the Asus engineers? do you have the right equipment/knowledge to do that?

Apparently you do as you were telling everybody jitter was not audible, Even running around from thread to thread with a foolish test. Now your telling everybody the total opposite and the ST sound "substantially" better and "apparently" jitter is very audible?

Jul 5, 2009 at 3:25 PM Post #303 of 1,781
Quote:

Originally Posted by GWorlDofSPACE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is what I am attending to do. But if I wont sell my STX than should I upgrade the clock????

Do the research yourself and decide from there.

Jul 5, 2009 at 3:29 PM Post #304 of 1,781
Quote:

This is what I am attending to do. But if I wont sell my STX than should I upgrade the clock????

ruin your STX if you want to, your choice
biggrin.gif

ask more ST owners for impressions against the STX, so you'll have more feedback than just mine...but they're prolly too busy having eargasms to bother coming here
beyersmile.png

it's like AVS, they call it "the place to become unhappy"
biggrin.gif

Jul 5, 2009 at 3:38 PM Post #307 of 1,781
Quote:

The best thing is to test on your own. I want this. So I need to sell it.

You can use your external PSU Kingwa is sending on the ST!

Jul 5, 2009 at 3:50 PM Post #309 of 1,781
Quote:

How much better is the ST sounding when compering to STX? What do you notice?

better stereo phase lock control.

Jul 5, 2009 at 3:57 PM Post #310 of 1,781
Quote:

Originally Posted by leeperry /img/forum/go_quote.gif
better stereo phase lock control.

That doesn't tell us anything. I'm not even convinced the ST is in any way better than the STX. I'll reserve that judgment for when I hear it myself. Give specific differences in sound between the two, don't just say it's "better". With slight inflections in sound at this level, one man's better could be another man's worse.

Jul 5, 2009 at 5:11 PM Post #312 of 1,781
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shahrose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That doesn't tell us anything. I'm not even convinced the ST is in any way better than the STX. I'll reserve that judgment for when I hear it myself. Give specific differences in sound between the two, don't just say it's "better". With slight inflections in sound at this level, one man's better could be another man's worse.

Well you have to remember that Lee also told the forum that ST drivers made his STX sound better also.
wink_face.gif

Jul 5, 2009 at 5:37 PM Post #314 of 1,781
For those opamps swappers that are planning on buying the ST and the H6 DAC board in the future, you will have many more opamps to play with as the full ST Deluxe has 12 opamps. 4 opamps for single end buffer and 8 for I/V.
H6-2.jpg

The Center and subwoofer share a SE buffer opamp but they have seperate I/V opamps. If you can see the labels above. This allows you to use different opamps for your center and subwoofer.

For instance, you could use a OPA2107 for the center and a OPA2227 for bass response on the subwoofer. These are just examples of units but you can see the posibilities. This setup allows you to dial in your center and subwoofer the way you want.

Jul 5, 2009 at 9:05 PM Post #315 of 1,781
Quote:

Originally Posted by ROBSCIX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well you have to remember that Lee also told the forum that ST drivers made his STX sound better also.
wink_face.gif

I guess. I knew it'd be a waste of time replying to him. The funny thing is I was just offering sincere advice, but he misunderstood and got defensive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back